PDA

View Full Version : My husband's Christmas Spirit

jackmilliesmom
12-13-2006, 05:52 AM
Hi all, just wanted to let you know about my husband John and his Christmas Spirit. He and a friend who are in teh construction trade are putting a house back together to have a family out of a homeless shelter and back in their home for christmas after a fire gutted their home.

The children of the house came to visit to see the progress being made on Monday and my husband being the kind man he is was speaking to them and the little girl proceeded to tell him about the toys that she and her brother had lost in teh fire. Her favorite toy was a teddy bear that she was given the Christmas before last and her brothers was a small remote control car that he was given teh Christmas before last. She had a picture with her that her grandmother had given her of herself and her brother with the toys when they got them.

My husband happened to have to go into the City Centre yesterday (Tuesday) with his friend and went to the nearest toy shop and bought them the toys they had lost. They are coming back to the house today to pick the colours for their rooms and he is going to give them the presents. I think I have the most wonderful kind generous loving man that god has ever made and I am thankful that he chose me to be his wife. I know that if ever we are eventually blessed with children he will be the best father any child will ever know.

So that is my husband's Christmas Spirit and I am grateful for it and for him.

Killearn Kitties
12-13-2006, 05:58 AM
What a lovely gesture. :D It will be wonderful if that family are in a home for Christmas. Please let us know!

jackmilliesmom
12-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Will do will keep you updated

critter crazy
12-13-2006, 06:10 AM
:eek: WOW!! Your hubby is a fabulous Man!!! Those kids are going to be so happy!!! You better not let go of that man!

Pawsitive Thinking
12-13-2006, 06:17 AM
What a wonderful thing to do!!! Your hubby and his mate are true stars!!

joycenalex
12-13-2006, 06:40 AM
what decent, kind men.

borzoimom
12-13-2006, 06:58 AM
Oh Jackmilliesmom- that was so sweet!!!!! His caring thoughts, and sweet gestures will long be remembered by the children. ;)

anna_66
12-13-2006, 07:16 AM
What a wonderful thing for him to do! Sounds like you have yourself one great husband there:)

jackmilliesmom
12-13-2006, 08:13 AM
I do and he is so..... "just everything anyone could ever want" I have just telephoned him and the children have been and he gave them their presents and they both gave him the tightest hugs he has ever experienced and the little girl told him she would be telling all of her friends and her nan and her teacher and her headteacher all about him and his "niceness" as she put it to him.

They are such grateful little children and my husband said that if they were his they would not go through the hardship that they have suffered this year and throughout their short lives so far.

Their mother is an alcoholic and she is the reason their home went on fire she fell asleep with a cigarette in her hand. They were lucky to escape with their lives.

They are coming back again on Friday and the little girl said she will give him lots more hugs as a thank you.

kittycats_delight
12-13-2006, 08:15 AM
He is definately a KEEPER !!!! What a beautiful thing to do. Oh how I would love to be a fly on the wall and see those faces when they see those toys. :D

jackmilliesmom
12-13-2006, 10:24 AM
They have them and my husband said their faces were a picture he has taken a picture with himself and his children on his phone and he has sent it to me but unfortunately it did not come out very well. But he said he had never seen happier children and when he asked them about Santa they told him they did not mind if Santa did not come just so long as they were home for Christmas so John is not coming home to me until mid next week when they know they will have the house finished for them. They started pretty much 3 weeks ago and have re-built a house from the ground up - I love my man and his friends they are very special people.

cyber-sibes
12-13-2006, 10:46 AM
What a dear man! God bless you both! This just gives me goosepimples...happy ones!

gini
12-13-2006, 11:52 AM
What a wonderful Christmas story for you to share with us.

When your husband comes home, could you give him some of those
big hugs from all of us and say THANK YOU from Pet Talk?

Wouldn't this be a wonderful world if there were more men just like
him?

mruffruff
12-13-2006, 12:20 PM
What a wonderful thing to do! Any time of the year, and especially at Christmas.

KitCat
12-13-2006, 02:46 PM
You got a good one!

Laura's Babies
12-13-2006, 03:15 PM
He's a keeper! Kiss him for me!

moosmom
12-13-2006, 08:00 PM
What a wonderful man you have there! He's definitely a keeper. Does he have a friend, brother, uncle, father, or grandfather looking for a girlfriend??? :p

jackmilliesmom
12-15-2006, 06:05 AM
Sorry to dissappoint but if I find someone like him will wrap him up and send him over - is that ok with you.

What a wonderful man you have there! He's definitely a keeper. Does he have a friend, brother, uncle, father, or grandfather looking for a girlfriend??? :p