PDA

View Full Version : I got a PS3!

Twisterdog
12-13-2006, 01:29 AM
Ok ... just by the title of this thread, you can guess that I am the mother of teenage boys, eh? ;)

The rare and elusive Play Station 3 ... vastly overpriced and rarer than hen's teeth ... and I got one tonight for my son for Christmas!

No one is going to appreciate this pointless thread unless you, too, have been hoping and searching to make Sony $600 richer by Christmas.

binka_nugget
12-13-2006, 01:52 AM
$600! :eek: How did you manage that?! What a lucky son!

The only way someone can manage to get one here is to buy one off someone else. They're going for $1000+ :eek:

anna_66
12-13-2006, 07:19 AM
CONGRATS! Your son is definately one lucky boy:D He better be pretty nice to his mom;)

Was reading the paper yesterday and someone was selling two...one for $1000 & one for $1300:eek:

BitsyNaceyDog
12-13-2006, 07:41 AM
You are indeed one of the lucky ones to get it for $600. You have very lucky boys! My friend was lucky to find one in a store too, so he also paid $600. I can't believe all the people paying over $1000 on ebay for one, it's so ridiculous.

I too thought $600 was too much money for any gaming system, but my husband broke it down and justified it to me. The fact that it plays blu-ray alone justifies the price, I don't think you can get a blu-ray DVD player for under $1000. I believe it also up-scales your regular DVDs to HD, I'm not 100% sure though. It has wireless built in so you don't have to buy a separate adapter- they run $100 if you have to buy them separate. I can't remember all of what he told me to convince me that $600 was actually a reasonable price.

We'll get one someday, but right now all our 'extra' money is buying baby things.

Zippy
12-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Congrats!
It is pricey.But if you love that kind of stuff and can afford it.Go for it.If does alot of stuff.Online gaming,dvds,cds,ect...My brother knows more about it then me.

catnapper
12-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Lucky you got home in one piece.... there's news reports around here of people being held at gunpoint after leaving the store with one! :eek:

My dad works at Walmart and they often have people standing in line in hopes of getting one..... 20-30 people, and all they have is one or two units. :eek:

Blue_Frog
12-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Lucky kids you have! I was trying to find a PS3 for my boyfriend, but no luck. I spent the money on an Xbox360 with a couple of games and controllers, etc. instead (shhh, it's supposed to be a surprise ;) )

At least we're both game junkies, so we can have tournement game time while we have a couple of days off from work :)

Miss Z
12-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Wow, I'm sure that'll really make his Christmas! I don't think the PS3 has arrived here yet (I think it arrives here in January? not entirely sure) and I'm sure they'll be just as rare and elusive, and pricey!

Argranade
12-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Wow he'll love it so much they he'll play it for only 7 hours a day if your lucky .. my brother can play it all day but then he's just a natural. :rolleyes:

My dad got my brother X box 360, $500 .. plus he still needs to get some games with it .. I'm getting my brother the new wrestling game for x box 360 & the hunting game .. I don't like hunting in real life but this is just a game and the graphics are so real lol I just like walking in the game getting killed by the lions. :D

I was going to get PsP but then I want to buy my more important birds some toys lol, I need to fill up there little stockings with seeds and chew toys, oh ya my big gift is going to be a green cheek conure .. maybe a cinnomin coloured one with an beautiful cage of course.

Twisterdog
12-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Yes, ridiculously expensive.

But, we have two boys, so it's Christmas for both of them. And, it DOES do amazing things ... it has a 60 gig hard drive, for one thing. That's twice as big as my PC!

And it has a wireless router, so it can serve basically as a LAN and link all our PC's in the house. I have no concept electronics and technology, but my son swears it's worth the price.

I was SOOOOO tempted to buy all they had, put them on my credit card, and then sell them on eBay for $1,000 or more. But, then I felt guilty and greedy about it, so I didn't.

dogzr#1
12-13-2006, 06:02 PM
You lucky duck! I"m so jealous! I've been wanting one for like...ever! We recently got the XBox360 (ok, about 10 months ago) and it already broke down. :( I don't think we are getting the PS3 this Christmas, but I hope we at least get the Wii!

Congrats to your boys! I'm sure they'll love it!