PDA

View Full Version : Poop colors

M&M's Mommy
12-12-2006, 08:34 PM
I have noticed that Muffin's poops always have darker color than Mocha's & Missy's. It's also much softer and stinkier. I feed them the same food, water, and treats.. so I wonder if it's normal for their poops to be so different from each other :confused:, and why?

All three are current on shots, and had been dewormed.

Chica
12-12-2006, 08:38 PM
I just read your post and laughed all the way through it. I think that is so funny. :) I don't have a clue why the color is different in your dogs!!! If they are outside alot, maybe they eat different stuff around the yard, etc. :D

borzoimom
12-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Dark poop can be liver function or too much protein. It also can be low digestion, and adding water to the food will help alot.
If it goes yellow- that is really liver- but I thinik what you are saying is a gassy stool= added water to the food beforehand - ( warm water is best) this should correct this. Also adding pedialtye for normal bowls just a 1/2 cup to the bowl would do it..

M&M's Mommy
12-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Dark poop can be liver function or too much protein. It also can be low digestion, and adding water to the food will help alot.
If it goes yellow- that is really liver- but I thinik what you are saying is a gassy stool= added water to the food beforehand - ( warm water is best) this should correct this. Also adding pedialtye for normal bowls just a 1/2 cup to the bowl would do it..

All three are healthy, and do not have any problem eating, or anything. I treat them exactly the same, which means if one gets to eat one thing, the other will get it, too.

Muffin's poop always has the dark green to charcoal/black color, while Mocha & Missy's are light to dark brown, and I can almost always tell when Muffin poops by the smell it brings to my nose, but I can never tell when Mocha & Missy did :)[/QUOTE]

You mentioned about their liver functions, which worries me. Should I ask the vet?

borzoimom
12-13-2006, 07:44 AM
Just ask him about the color of the stool. A dark or dark green like is usually too much protein. Or the liver is not digesting toxins. I would not worry about it- as this would be a whole bunch of other things as well.
I would ask the vet about it. I wouldnt worry other than a question. Maybe even take in a stool sample to the vet. I know its hard when you have another dog to feed one dog differently ( I swear they know it.. lol) but see what the vet says.
One question I did have- do they go the same amounts of times a day? If the one is not going as often, that can also make the stool darker, and of course with some gas to it. .. Also- is the food you feed good in digestibility?

M&M's Mommy
12-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Just ask him about the color of the stool. A dark or dark green like is usually too much protein. Or the liver is not digesting toxins. I would not worry about it- as this would be a whole bunch of other things as well.
I would ask the vet about it. I wouldnt worry other than a question. Maybe even take in a stool sample to the vet. I know its hard when you have another dog to feed one dog differently ( I swear they know it.. lol) but see what the vet says.
One question I did have- do they go the same amounts of times a day? If the one is not going as often, that can also make the stool darker, and of course with some gas to it. .. Also- is the food you feed good in digestibility?

They all poops twice a day, every day. One first thing in the morning, and one in the late afternoon/evening, the amount for each dog is about the same for each time :) (you can tell I'm the person whose job is to clean up after their mess :). I feed them Innova Evo.

Husky_mom
12-13-2006, 01:44 PM
I was gonna say......"just like people there are some stinkier than others" LOL......

If they are healthy and all donīt worry, besides they are different beings so each has their own........but if it worries you had the stool checked just to be safe......

Oh stinky Muffin!!.........love that face!!!

M&M's Mommy
12-13-2006, 02:26 PM
I was gonna say......"just like people there are some stinkier than others" LOL......

If they are healthy and all donīt worry, besides they are different beings so each has their own........but if it worries you had the stool checked just to be safe......

Oh stinky Muffin!!.........love that face!!!

I couldn't resist. This is her. Who could've guessed she's the stinkiest of all three, eh? :rolleyes: :) :D :p

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/ca_dao/Muffin1-2.jpg
Me, stinky? Nah, I don't think so!!!!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/ca_dao/Muffin2-2.jpg

Husky_mom
12-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Iīm serious........THAT FACE KILLS ME!!!.......Bet she gets away with ANYTHING!!!.........just too adorable!! I donīt care if she stinks, I LOVE HER!!

M&M's Mommy
12-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Iīm serious........THAT FACE KILLS ME!!!.......Bet she gets away with ANYTHING!!!.........just too adorable!! I donīt care if she stinks, I LOVE HER!!

Yep, stinky or not, she's my little cutie baby:)

borzoimom
12-13-2006, 02:59 PM
They all poops twice a day, every day. One first thing in the morning, and one in the late afternoon/evening, the amount for each dog is about the same for each time :) (you can tell I'm the person whose job is to clean up after their mess :). I feed them Innova Evo.
HOney that sounds fine to me in diet! I agree with husky- maybe just more stinky than others- but ohhhhhhhhhhhhh what a face!!!!!
The only other thing I can think of, is maybe her anal glands should be expressed..

K9karen
12-14-2006, 12:55 AM
*Heart Attack* ;)