PDA

View Full Version : Please Keep Scarlet in Your Thoughts GOOD UPDATE

catlover4ever
12-12-2006, 05:56 PM
I got lucky with Miss Scarlet tonight, she was waiting for me when I go home so in a carrier I put her and off we went to the vets so she could be checked out and added to the carlover4ever household.

My vet thinks she is part American Bobtail, around three years old, already spayed but the lump on her underside is probally a hernia from the time she was spayed.

They held her overnight and will test her for leukemia, if negative, they will do exploratory surgery, fix the lump if they can, give her all her vaccines and a rabies shot.

She was such a good girl, she went right into her carrier with no problem, she cried just a little on the way (I think she thought I was going to dump her off again), once at the vets I took her out of her carrier and she snuggled and purred until we were seen. Even when being poked and proded (they stuck her tummy with a needle to see if there was any fluid) she was so very, very sweet.

Please keep her in your thoughts that she tests negative for leukemia and she makes it through surgery OK.....I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I know something.

Thanks --- Meg and Scarlet

Prairie Purrs
12-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Fingers and paws are crossed here, hoping for a successful surgery and a negative test (so that Miss Scarlet can spend the holidays in her new home)!

catmandu
12-12-2006, 06:37 PM
We are praying here too that Scarlet will get a clean bill of health, and find her place in that Wonderful Cat Clowder!!
That would be the Greatest Pet Mas Gift of All.

kittycats_delight
12-12-2006, 07:04 PM
How I hate that dreaded "L" word. After losing Lilith to felv and having Vixen test positive I know the heartbreak and horror.

So rest assured Meg all fingers, toes, whiskers and paws will be crossed her for sweet Scarlet. Postives thoughts are being sent express for Scarlet to be negative and her exploratory surgery to go well.

(((HUGS)))

Michelle, Vixen and Phoenix

Freedom
12-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey, let us know the news when you find out. Keeping up all the good thoughts here for Miss Scarlet!!!

Catty1
12-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Prayers and good thoughts here!

And I know there are cats who HAVE tested positive for leukemia, and live very happy lives, even if they are a bit shortened.

Hope all goes well and Scarlet comes through with flying colours! :)

trayi52
12-12-2006, 08:55 PM
I hope all goes well with the test and the surgery. Prayers are on the way, that she test negative for that dreaded disease. Poor little thing, I bet she was scared and thought you was dumping her again, but she will find out you aren't very soon!

Willie :)

kimlovescats
12-12-2006, 09:07 PM
How exciting, Meg! Prayers that Miss Scarlet tests negative! Can't wait for the news!!! ;)

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. I sure hope that she'll be able to become a part of your household.:)

Laura's Babies
12-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Prayers and good thoughts coming her way for all good news from the vets!

jazzcat
12-12-2006, 10:55 PM
I really hope things go well and Scarlet becomes a new member of your fur family.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Killearn Kitties
12-13-2006, 02:23 AM
We will be thinking of berautiful Miss Scarlet all day! Good luck sweet girl.

catlover4ever
12-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Well Scarlet came home this evening and is resting quietly in the garage. I made her a bed up off the floor, gave her a litter box, and a place to eat her dinner.

She did in fact have a very large hernia that was repaired last night. Her blood work came back just fine. She is negative for Leukemia and she was updated with all her shots.

I can tell you this, she is not a happy cat when stuck inside, but she is going to have to spend the next two to three nights in the garage before she will be able to go back outside again.

I am trying to introduce her to my crew little by little but she is just so not happy about it...and of course they are not happy about it either. It really does not help for her to smell like the vets office so I think a little at a time each night should help.

Thank you all for your good positive thoughts and prayers. We both really appreciate them. I promise to get some pictures of her to share with everyone soon.

Thanks again...Meg and Scarlet :)

Catty1
12-13-2006, 05:47 PM
She belongs to another family, right? They are BOUND to notice her 'bump' is gone!

Otherwise you could isolate her in a room in your house and make gradual introductions.

SO glad she came through this with a great report!

Don't you wich you could "poof" her?

Bless you for helping her!

kimlovescats
12-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Meg, that is such wonderful news! You are so sweet to have gotten her belly fixed!!!

Hugs,
Kim :)

catlover4ever
12-14-2006, 07:04 AM
She belongs to another family, right? They are BOUND to notice her 'bump' is gone!

Don't you wich you could "poof" her?

Bless you for helping her!

I do beleive that she belonged to another family and when they noticed her bump they dumped her. I'm working on making her go poof.

Unfortunately I do not have a really good area except the garage to keep her in, but have no fear the garage is insulated and heated and we parked the cars outside so she would not get into something that she should not be into.

AbbyMom
12-14-2006, 09:33 PM
So glad her tests are all negative! :D

How is she doing today? Ready for introductions yet?

catfamily
12-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Wow!This is great news tonight.I really didn't think she was going to get back to your house again.Your so kind to want her right away and to take her to the vet right away.You guys are great! :) She's in the best hands now.She really picked the right home to go to,that super lucky girl. :)