PDA

View Full Version : Lexie seems on the mend....

carole
12-12-2006, 02:17 PM
At last my lil girl seems to be well again, but i have found out she has a very stubborn streak in her, she is supposed to be eating half of her new so Royal Canin biscuits by now, but she does not like them either, and is fighting it all the way, she has lost a few grms by now i think,which won't hurt her as she is a tad on the plump side,but she is very determined, i just have to keep on with it as she must have these biscuits, and i don't want to keep changing and trying new ones, most of them are the same according to the vet nurse anyhow,i guess she will have to get a bit hungry and then she will eat them, she is eating some but about half her normal amount,anyhow here is a pic of my lexie.

kittycats_delight
12-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Lexie....I don't think I have ever heard of a kitty disliking Royal Canin. Wow...what a pampered puss you must be. Little lady don't you realize Royal Canin is the caviar of cat food. I guess you prefer "McDonald's" :p I think maybe you are just having fun giving meowmie a hard time you nawtee girl you. ;)

Carole I am sooo glad Lexie is doing better. I was actually thinking about her today and was going to start a thread to see how she was doing but you beat me to it. LOL

What a finicky kitty you have on your hands. I have yet to hear of a kitty turning up their cute little nose at Royal Canin until your Lexie that is. hehehehe Give her a little more time. I am sure she will come around and deiscover it IS quite yummy. And she will gooble it all up. As for eating less...well I can't recall the kind of fod you were feeding her before but with a higher quality food cats will always eat less so I would not worry too much about that.

When do you do the transition to all Royal Canin? I think then you will be able to find out just how much she likes or dislikes it. Hopefully she will like it just fine. Keep us posted ok.

((((hugs)))) to you and tummyrubs anf cuddles for Lexie.

Michelle

Laura's Babies
12-12-2006, 02:36 PM
They are all known for how finicky they are so she is showing you she is "normal" for a feline. (.....and perhaps would like normal food? :eek: )

carole
12-12-2006, 03:09 PM
The thing is with my Lexie, she has been on excellence biscuits for four years now and she never ate anything else, so infact she was easy peasy to feed,never really interested in fresh food, maybe the odd bit of fish but nothing else, although my other two like chef fine cuts salmon and turkey occasionally and you guessed it she has been pinching it,she is on half old biscuits and half Royal Canin at the moment, another four days and then full Canin, apparently the SO ones are not as palatable as other royal canin, i believe,but better than Science Diet.

I am afraid i will just have to perserve with madam Lexie, as she has to have it, just like humans have to have medication,so she is stuck with it. :)

Freedom
12-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Considering that we and our pets don't speak the same language, they certainly make their likes and dislikes known, don't they?

Come on, Lexie, help mommie help you feel better!

carole
12-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Yes Meowmie is feeling the stress of it all believe me, i used to have the most content lil pussy cat, now she hangs around in the kitchen,looking hungry and obviously is but not enough to eat them, hopefully in time,fingers and paws crossed. :)

lvpets2002
12-12-2006, 04:30 PM
;) Awee how so sweet & adorable.. So glad you are on the mend.. Hey if I was you I would still act a wittle sick for the pink heart pillow & blankie..

carole
12-12-2006, 04:44 PM
The pink heart pillow belongs to my daughter, i just gave it to Lexie and guess what she loves it, she sleep on our bed every night and when i wake up she has her head on the pillow, she just loves it, so cute.,She really does look the princess she is doesn't she?

orangemm
12-12-2006, 05:02 PM
She is a beautiful princess, that's for sure! And, as finicky as one, too.

let's hope Lexie gets a craving for her new food!

catmandu
12-12-2006, 08:11 PM
A Healthy Lexie would be the best Pet Mas gift of them all.
Far better than any store bought gifts as they can be replaced.
Get well soon,Lexie !!
For your Meowmies sake!!!