PDA

View Full Version : My son Eddie came!

Laura's Babies
12-12-2006, 11:34 AM
A lot of you will remember my son Eddie that was in that explosion in May of 2005 and burned so badly. Some of you even prayed for him when we asked for prayers and put him on prayers lists. Here we are 19 months later and I emailed them and asked if I paid for them a ticket, would they come see me. I had the urge to have all my kids under one roof again and they came last Thursday and went back today.

He has always been a beautiful child to me but now he is even more beautiful and he really makes me even more proud of him. Saturday was the day we had our family get together and of coarse there were lots of cameras and pictures taken. I thought I would share a few with you and hope those who prayed for him could see the results of their prayers...

That is Eddie and his wife Regina standing and me and Rie sitting down.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1971.jpg

This is Eddie and Regina, me and my niece (that recently moved from Florida to Louisiana) Rie and Kevlin (Dustys people 2).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/TheFamily.jpg

And just a great one of Eddie by himself that makes me smile everytime I see it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2677-1.jpg

kimlovescats
12-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Oh Laura, these pictures bring tears to my eyes! They are just so beautiful!!! What a true BLESSING for you to have your lovely family back together and Eddie is certainly a MIRACLE!!!! Thank you so much, dear friend, for sharing your precious family with us! :D

Love you!
Kim

Barbara
12-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Laura, isn't that great that you had them all together :)
And I can't get over how good Eddie looks- modern medicine can do miracles :)

caseysmom
12-12-2006, 11:59 AM
He looks very handome...and more importantly, he looks happy.

catlover4ever
12-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Laura, what a blessing indeed. What a absolutely beautiful and blessed family you have. Thanks for the wonderful pictures...I felt like I was right there with you and your family. :)

Laura's Babies
12-12-2006, 12:09 PM
The only scars on his face is that one on his chin and on his nose where the safety glasses melted and you have to know that one is there to see it. That is a skin graft on the chin and he said the skin that was there before still grows under the graft and that is why it sticks out. He has to go and have a laser proceedure around it to kill the whiskers since they are growing in bunches and could cause an infection.

He is not self consious at all about the scars or his hands and having to wear the gloves and I can tell you, he really is FAR more outgoing now than he was before the accident. It changed him by making him more talkitive and outgoing. It was a horriable thing that happened to him but I have never once heard him say "WHY ME?" and he is a better person today because of what he learned about life and himself since the accident.

He is not really faithful with wearing the pressure garments on the rest of his body and he is not really concerned about how the scars look on his torso, arms and legs. He even came in here the other night SMILING with nothing on but the pressure garments and boxers to show them to me so I could see how they looked. He sure is ONE SPECIAL GUY and a walking, talking MIRACLE!

caseysmom
12-12-2006, 12:12 PM
He sure does sounds special Laura, I am glad he healed so well.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Aw Laura, thank you so much for those pics!! What a couragious man he is!! I remember very well how we all hoped and prayed together with you, for his recovery. Congrats to him, to you, to your family and to the docs who saved him!!!!!

moosmom
12-12-2006, 12:44 PM
What beautiful family pictures, Laura!! Eddie looks wonderful! I'm glad you got a chance to spend time with them.

Grace
12-12-2006, 01:41 PM
He looks FANTASTIC!! Thanks so much for sharing these with us.

Russian Blue
12-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Laura, I'm so happy that you were able to have everyone visit! :D Eddie absolutely looks great and what a wonderful visit. It's nice to 'see' you as well. ;)

elizabethann
12-12-2006, 02:29 PM
He sounds like a brave and wonderful human being. You done good.

This post made me teary eyed because I'm so happy he visited you. It's like a Christmas wish come true.

Edwina's Secretary
12-12-2006, 02:42 PM
Wow!

Laura's Babies
12-12-2006, 02:43 PM
elizabethann, Christmas day will pale in comparison with Saturday or just sitting around the house with him and Regina. THAT was Christmas to me and what it is all about. Christmas wish? WHO could ask for more?

pitc9
12-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Great Family pictures! What a blessing for you to have him with you!

lvpets2002
12-12-2006, 03:27 PM
:) Oh WoW Laura and he & you all look so happy.. By the way which Kitty Butt is on his shoulder?? :D

orangemm
12-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Eddie looks WONDERFUL! What an amazing recovery and inspiring story.

This brings tears to my eyes; what a happy time for you and your family!

Eddie is a very brave man. His attitude is a true inspiration for all of us.

chocolatepuppy
12-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Eddie looks great! I'm happy for you that he is there with you. :)

Laura's Babies
12-12-2006, 09:42 PM
lvpets2002, that was Giz. She had been all over him and that is why he was laughing in the picture. She was on him when I snapped the camera and it delays before it actually shoots the picture so by then she was long gone. As I said, she kept them so amused while they were here. She is such a hoot to have, always up to or into something, funniest kitty I have ever met in my whole life. She was on the move when they picture was actually taken so that is why it looks so odd.

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Eddie sure looks wonderful and I'm glad that he's doing so well.:)

jazzcat
12-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Wonderful pictures Laura! You all look so happy and Eddie looks great. What a Merry Christmas for your family.

K9karen
12-12-2006, 11:40 PM
It's s shame. but sometimes we have to have an accident to realize how precious life is. Eddie sure is handsome and he looks great, and very happy! Scars mean nothing anyway..it's what's on the inside...

I'm thrilled your Holidays are complete and that all prayers were answered! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pictures!

Killearn Kitties
12-13-2006, 02:19 AM
What a wonderful holiday treat for you! Everyone looks great, but Eddie is just amazing!

DJFyrewolf36
12-13-2006, 04:29 AM
It is so wonderful to see your family together and happy! What a wonderful way to spend a holiday!

:D

jackmilliesmom
12-13-2006, 05:27 AM
I am delighted you got your wish and that Eddie and his wife came to visit. I have to say I am following PAtrick's journey with great interest and ahve mailed him and his family to let them know what inspirations they are to me.

I just want to say thank you to you for getting me interested in PAtrick and his journey as I am sure that Eddie's journey was the same for you.

Jo

ramanth
12-13-2006, 08:16 AM
What a wonderful gift to have your family home to visit! The pictures are lovely and it's so great to see Eddie is healing both inside and out. :D

Laura's Babies
12-13-2006, 09:10 AM
jackmilliesmom, it took me awhile before I could look at Patricks sight after they sent it to me. (Eddie found it and they emailed it to me.) It was just to emotional for me to look at it for awhile. Isn't it wonderful how well Patrick is doing? When I got back from work and saw his picture posted on the front page with his eyes open and him smiling, it made me cry. We watched for his updates while they were here since we all are keeping up with his progress.

The forgotten victems here in that fire were their cats. I plan to make them several beds and a bunch of toys and send to the cats when I get time. Anyone else want to do it too? (It would sure make them aware of Pet Talk and the many wonderful people here!)

mina'smomma
12-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Major LES here. Laura he looks wonderful. You can hardly see any scars ( I had to take a second look myself) It is great he is not self-concious about it. That just makes him even more stronger.