PDA

View Full Version : Who Me? I'm Just Along for The Ride!

rkidsrcats
12-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Let us start from the beginning. The Tribe has been remiss and apologizes a 1000 times- we've been visiting PT on a fairly regular basis, but not posting much.Enjoy reading about all the goings on, but Mom has been crazy busy and well, that's our excuse.
But now we have a story that, well, is just pretty darned amazing even by Tribe standards. As some of you know, the Tribe consists of 1 blind cat, 2 one eyed cats, 1 black meezer type, 1 fugitive black & white meezer type and 1 Seattle street cat who goes by the name of Scooter Pie.
But we promised you a story....
Phone call:
"Hello?"
"Oh, Hi Honey. Where are you?"
"I'm on my way home from work, but I decided to stop and fill up the 1 ton Dodge dually pickup".
"OK, that's interesting.....why call me about it"
"You won't believe what I found under the hood when I went to check the oil"
"Don't say it...."
"Yep, hanging onto the airfilter up front near the battery"
"No freakin' way! How did it hang on? Weren't you driving on I-5?"
"Yep, on I-5 at speeds upwards of 50-60 miles per hour. I'm in shock!"
"Where is it now?
"Asleep in the crew cab on my bag. Dirty as hell, but in one piece."
"Meet you at the vet's office?"
"Yep, See you there...Bye"

And now, introducing our little stowaway....we don't really have a name at the moment, but if she becomes a Tribe member we guess that will present itself. Tiger has already introduced himself to her - she's in a carrier for now until we are set up for proper introductions to all. Tiger is the main UN ambassador for The Tribe and he is good at it. Already has her purring and only got one hiss for his negotiations!

http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/possum1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/possum2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/possum3.jpg

Never a dull moment in the Pacific Northwest!

Laura's Babies
12-12-2006, 11:50 AM
OHHHH! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a wonderful story and you have a wonderful husband! Give him a hug for me. (Maybe call her Speedy?)

Trinityagain
12-12-2006, 02:20 PM
She is beautiful!

Before my husband got rid of his full size Bronco he had taken it to the mechanic for an oil change or something...they could hear little meows coming form somewhere but couldn't find the source. Put the truck up on the lift and there, on the gas tank, was a little kitten. They called and asked if we were missing anyone...said no, they explained the question. They kept him and named him Bronco! Last December 28 hubby popped the hood on his new full size diesel and pulled a little grey less than one pound furrball off the turbo charger...she stayed and we named her Turbo! They are amazing, aren;t they! So glad it was a happy ending! Welcome little one!

kittycats_delight
12-12-2006, 02:33 PM
She is just gorgeous !!! She looks like she could possibly have some Turkish Angora in her. What a little beauty and a smart little beauty considering she knew just what vehicle to attach herself to. :) She could smell that it belonged to an animal lover and was a ticket to a nice new warm loving home.

I think Freeway would be a cute name for her. :)

catlover4ever
12-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Oh yes she is definately a beauty and knew exactly which truck to hide out in.

I love the name Freeway or you could call her Dually ;)

moosmom
12-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Oh my!! She's beautiful! I'm so glad she wasn't hurt and hope that she gets a clean bill of health from the vet. Now for a name...hmmmm. :confused:

Lizzie
12-12-2006, 04:56 PM
She was very, very lucky both to come out of her adventure unscathed and to find the right family.

Since she is so pretty, or "bonny" as a Scot would say, and you live near Bonney Lake, perhaps you should call her Bonny.

orangemm
12-12-2006, 04:58 PM
My god, what a miracle she made it alive! What a lucky, pretty little girl!!!

And, bless your husband for checking under the hood!!

wolflady
12-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Oh my goodness! What a pretty kitty! She was definitely one lucky little lady to be in the right truck at the right time! I'm so glad your husband decided to check under the hood! :eek:

That's truly and amazing story. Perhaps you could call her Grace ;)

**hugs**

Freedom
12-12-2006, 07:51 PM
She is one very lucky kitty in so many ways - picking the right truck, holding on at those speeds, goodness gracious! Best wishes, little one, you are very fortunate. Name = Fortune???

catmandu
12-12-2006, 08:01 PM
What a sweet Little Cat.
We hope that Engine will be a part of the Tribe very soon, and will enjoy her New Guardians and Furr Ever Home.
I think that the Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad left Engine there for you to find, trusting your kind hearts.
What a Great Pet Mas Gift.

trayi52
12-12-2006, 08:40 PM
She is so pretty! She was so lucky she picked your husbands truck to ride in. God bless him for stopping and checking under the hood of his truck! Now you need a really good name for that little beauty! Sorry, I can't help you there, I can never think of any good names at all.

Congratulations on your beautiful girl!!!!!!!

Willie :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2006, 09:32 PM
She sure is gorgeous and one very lucky cat.:) I hope that she's healthy. Maybe you could name her after the name of the gas station where your husband was when he found her.

kimlovescats
12-12-2006, 09:35 PM
She is gorgeous and one lucky girl!!! :D

jazzcat
12-12-2006, 10:53 PM
What a beautiful kitty!!! I'm glad her adventure ended well.

Hope things work out and she can join the tribe.

Killearn Kitties
12-13-2006, 02:30 AM
What a beautiful girl! :D We are keeping all our fingers and paws crossed that she gets a clean bill of health.

DJFyrewolf36
12-13-2006, 03:18 AM
Aww so cute! What an extrordinary kitten! Hmmm....I like the name Freeway, Trucker is also another one that came to mind :D

I-5 somehow fits too ;)

rkidsrcats
12-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Thanks for all the comments. We are beginning to believe that she is quite an extraordinary little cat.
Initial vet check revealed lots of fleas, no injuries, and no FIV/FELV...Yay! She's eating and drinking just fine, but is skin and bones, so we are feeding her a/d and keeping and eye on her energy level. She's sleeping a lot, but played with her mouse today and did an little exploring.
What is pretty amazing is how calm she is around the dog and the 6 boys. She's very "poised" for a 4 month old. Doesn't seem too stressed and is making herself at home. The younger guys are doing great with her and she's out of her little introduction cage and currently sleeping on the futon next to Tiger and Scooter. The older ones will take some time to come around - they don't like change so much, but she is so laid back and submissive, that I can't imagine they will think she is a threat. I suspect she has been around other cats as she is just so comfortable with meeting all of them and seems to know how to fit into the group.
Since hubby saved her, he got naming rights. We've decided to call her Antoinette (Annie for short) - we think such a pretty girl needs a pretty name.
More photos this weekend, but for now just letting you all know she is doing well after her wild truck ride.

The Tribe

krazyaboutkatz
12-13-2006, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the wonderful update and welcome to PT Annie!!!:) I'm sure that all of her new brothers will learn to accept her soon. My boys love both of their sisters very much.:)

Killearn Kitties
12-14-2006, 04:30 AM
Welcome Annie! I am very pleased to hear that you got a good report from the vet. Christmas is definitely the season for putting on a little weight, so you get tucked in to everything that is put in front of you. :D

CultureJunky
12-14-2006, 05:53 AM
Annie is such a pretty feminine name and fits her purrrfectly :)
She'll have to have a ton of turkey from Christmas lunch to put some weight on those skinny bones! :D

Pam
12-14-2006, 06:35 AM
Oh my goodness. Of all the trucks to try and hitch a ride in she sure picked the right one! What a wonderful thing to read this morning. It just makes me smile big. :) Blessings to your hubby and you for taking in this sweetheart. She looks exactly like my daughter's kitty, Dandy, did at four months of age. It is believed that Dandy is part Turkish Angora but no one really knows. Dandy is also a very laid back little girl. Maybe they are distant relatives. :) I look forward to updates on Annie. :)