PDA

View Full Version : Funny Holiday Memories

elizabethann
12-12-2006, 07:47 AM
Let's start a new thread of funny holiday memories. Here is "one" of mine:

When I was a pre-teen my parents were in the kitchen finishing supper. I left the table and snuck in their bedroom. I opened one of their closets and saw presents towards the back. I thought I heard someone coming so I closed the door - false alarm. However, we lived in an old house and the door was jammed. The door had one of those glass doorknobs and it was stuck! Damn! I couldn't get out! I tried and tried but it just wouldn't open.

So I had to bang on the door & yell for someone to let me out. My Mom came and asked what I was doing in the closet. I said "nothing" and ran to my room.

I could hear my parents laughing and I was so embarrassed that I got stuck in the closet. Needless to say, after that...I never snooped around for presents ever again.

jackmilliesmom
12-12-2006, 08:33 AM
One of my funniest memories is of my youngest brother - he was about 3 or 4 at the time. We had all woken on Christmas morning to find our toys and living where we did all of our neighbours and ourselves decided to show off what we had gotten from Santa.

My youngest brother got bored and decided to go back in - we are in our christmas best nightwear (don't ask) and he goes back in and decides to himself that if Santa can come down the chimney he can climb up it. He got his whole body pretty much up the chimney and came back to the front door and told us he did not know how Santa could come down and go back up the Chimeny when he could barely fit up it. But the best part was, he was black from top to bottom and the only thing visible were his teeth and the whites of his eyes.......... but that was quite funny and a neighbour took a picture so we celebrate our 21st birthday's over here and the neighbour located the picture and we blew it up and posted it in the function room with many other comical pictures of him during his lifetime - what a hoot.

elizabethann
12-12-2006, 08:54 AM
One of my funniest memories is of my youngest brother - he was about 3 or 4 at the time. We had all woken on Christmas morning to find our toys and living where we did all of our neighbours and ourselves decided to show off what we had gotten from Santa.

My youngest brother got bored and decided to go back in - we are in our christmas best nightwear (don't ask) and he goes back in and decides to himself that if Santa can come down the chimney he can climb up it. He got his whole body pretty much up the chimney and came back to the front door and told us he did not know how Santa could come down and go back up the Chimeny when he could barely fit up it. But the best part was, he was black from top to bottom and the only thing visible were his teeth and the whites of his eyes.......... but that was quite funny and a neighbour took a picture so we celebrate our 21st birthday's over here and the neighbour located the picture and we blew it up and posted it in the function room with many other comical pictures of him during his lifetime - what a hoot.

LOL. That is so precious. :D :D

JALB
12-19-2006, 09:50 PM
When my brother was younger he would put all his ornaments on the same branch until no more would fit. Then he would choose another branch...