PDA

View Full Version : Names...Please give me your opinion

KittenCloudSprinkles
06-16-2002, 09:50 AM
Do you think Odie is a good name for an orange cat?
Do you think Fritz is a good name for a dilute calico?

AmberLee
06-16-2002, 12:26 PM
??? If you are happy with them, that's great. Sorry, I'm dense this morning, not sure what you are asking. I'd love to see photos of Fritzea and Odie, and to hear about their adventures.

From some of your other posts, it sounds like Fritz is slowing becoming more settled in your home. Some cats always stay a little skittish, I think slow and steady progress is the best goal here. Good luck!

KittenCloudSprinkles
06-16-2002, 12:50 PM
Ok. I'll show you some pics...How? Sorry, I'm a little dumb on stuff like that lol;) :rolleyes: But if I can find some on the computer...They are here...Somewhere lol:)

koxka
06-16-2002, 01:57 PM
Odie?:D the dog'sname,of Garfield comic strip,so in sound like dog's name,although I like it.
Fritz is a good name for a Cat,another comic!LOL
:D

Koxka:cool:

koxka
06-16-2002, 01:59 PM
Garfield and Odie

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ga/2002/ga020608.gif

KittenCloudSprinkles
06-16-2002, 04:04 PM
lol Koxka! Well this one is Odie the third! I got my first Odie when I was 3, Odie the first! THen I got a second orange cat named Odie it just kinda stuck!
;)

tatsxxx11
06-16-2002, 04:20 PM
My very first kitty as an adult was named Fritz!! He was a grey tabby boy. I love the name! Odie is adorable! Both names would be great, I think!:)

koxka
06-16-2002, 06:14 PM
Well,if he's the third.......nothing to say.....
tradition is tradition......:D

Anyway,I like the name.

ODIE,ODIE,ODIE,........ODIE,ODIE,ODIE,........ ODIE,ODIE,ODIE,........

KittenCloudSprinkles
06-17-2002, 07:20 AM
Koxka,
The name does match!

Tatsxx11,
I forgot to mention...Fritz is a girl! LOL Sometimes I wonder if I should of named her Frita!lol :) ;) :D :rolleyes:

lil.kitty.kizzez
07-02-2002, 07:25 PM
cute names! i would name an orange cat sherbert! but that's just me! :D

popcornbird
07-06-2002, 02:35 AM
I like the name Odie but it sounds like a dog name. Maybe you can use "Garfield" for a change! :) Or Sylvester. Or Tabby. Or Baby. Or Fluffy. Or Cherry. Or Apple Pie! LOL! Name her what you like best, after all, she's your baby. :)

NoahsMommy
07-08-2002, 02:39 PM
Sherbert!!! TOO cute!!!!

I LOVE the name Odie!! I named my car that....I know...wierd...it's my husbands tradition.... :)

lovemymaltese
07-09-2002, 12:57 PM
I love the name Fritz, that is so cute. Odie, I always think of a stupid animal though after the Garfield comics.

wayne0214
07-09-2002, 06:43 PM
Generally I name my cats after something about their appearance or charcter. My nearly all-white flame point Siamese is named " Snow cat" (after the heavy snow-removal equimpent) Also, that Tiger is so named because she appears to be a miniature tiger in markings, excpet that she is a lynx-point Siamese. Otis is an orange tabby. I had thought of naming him Naranjo (spanish for orange), but then decided to name him Otis. Both descriptions begin with an "O". Just use your imagination and begin with something about the cat that describes him/her. 'Hope this helps.

...............wayne

koxka
07-10-2002, 01:30 AM
Wayne,wellcome back,we miss you.As known like a person how likes improving his knowledge,let me teach you: "naranjo" is the tree and "naranjA" is the fruit,or if you likes it in catalan ;my language;"taronjer" the tree and "taronja" the fruit,just given you ideas,for futures oranges tabbys:D
I hope you are not taken account for such lesson of foreigner languages,since I'm the less "speaking english" person in this board+typing mistakes.

KittenCloudSprinkles
07-10-2002, 07:50 AM
Wayne0214, Oh! I've always wanted a cream colored or a siamese! I've heard some siamese are very intelligent...Maybe I just read to much lol. Sno Cat is a good name though i think. I've never thought of nameing Odie Tiger....It jsut kinda suits him...And that weird Odie on Garfield gives him a bad name lolz. But he's so mellow, and it just kinda fits. He very odd too...For an odd name I guess lol. But really, are your siamese smart?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lil.kitty.kizzez Sherbert would be soooooooo cute!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NoahsMommy, never heard of naming a car 'Odie'...Is it orange? lol just kidding....
PopcornBird, *gasp!*:eek: That doesn't sound like a name for a dog. THat is just so....stereo type! I bet you're thinking from garfield :rolleyes: Anyways, even though our pets act like our dogs does not make them dogs lol.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LuvMyMaltese, WHAT! Ok it's nice that you like Fritz but did you know...she's a girl? Just saying cause most people think it's a boy name. Odie? I really don't like that comic now lol. But that's kinda stereo type isn't it? you haven't even met him!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------