PDA

View Full Version : rabbit question.

angelbow20
12-10-2006, 08:40 PM
I know this sounds stupid and everything but is there a way to keep my rabbits water from freezing? There water bottles are freezing because they are kept outside, and in there cage its not actually even cold but since the bottle is attached from the outside it freezes and I dont know what I can do to keep the water from freezing on them.

luvofallhorses
12-10-2006, 09:05 PM
I think you can buy heated water dishes at petsmart. :)

Kalei
12-10-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm trying to think of a solution for ya, I have never had that problem since my bun bun is in my room, like literally right by my bed lol. I was thinking if you could get a plug in portable heater and point it towards the bottles. Too bad you couldn't get something that could hang inside the cage?

angelbow20
12-10-2006, 09:13 PM
well the cage is a homemade cage my dad made for me because it bigger than the other outdoor cage i bought and the cage spaces are too close together for alot of water bottles to fit inside the cage let alone the outside :rolleyes: I stuck a water bowl in there today but that isnt going to work for when the days get really cold and below freezing.

angelbow20
12-10-2006, 09:15 PM
I think you can buy heated water dishes at petsmart. :)
thats pretty cool I dont have a petsmart near where I live though, Do they need to be plugged into something to stay heated because that would be a bit hard to do becuase there isnt any outlets near the spot they are at and the cage is way to heavy to move to a different spot.

buttercup132
12-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Get a heated bowl, that or have multiple bowls and switch them every 6 hours with fresh water.
PetSmart also ships.

areias
12-10-2006, 09:30 PM
There was a thread about this last winter...one person said to wrap a towel around the water bottle. Let me see if I can find it.

Here you go:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=93598&highlight=water+bottle+freezing

Genny
12-10-2006, 10:01 PM
I have that same problem with my rabbit's water. Thank goodness it doesn't happen everyday! When it does I just bring it inside and run Hot water over it and that always melts the ice!