PDA

View Full Version : Feral?

Laura's Babies
12-10-2006, 12:09 PM
My buddie Mike is helping trap ferals (for TNR) at an apartment complex in Baton Rouge. He spied this beautiful girl and realized that she is a CH kitty so he set his heart and mind to trap her. He finally got her Friday and I was stunned at how beautiful she is. She apprears to be effected mildy with the CH and we have our hearts set on trying to find her a home so we won't have to release her back out to fend for herself.. Today, we set her up in a bigger cage to get her out of the trap and give her more room to move around. Opening the cage once she was in it, Mike reached in to pet her and she butted up to his hand so he could pet her more and more. Seeing that, I reached in and picked her up. She let me snuggle with her and give her kisses. :eek: I came back to get my camera and get more pictures of her and Regina went back with me and she picked her up too...

What do you think, is she feral or what? Look what a beauty she is! Please keep in mind, we are looking for her a nice home if anyone would be interested. She was spayed yesterday. She acts like she is starving for attention and is very verbal with the softest, sweetiest little voice... Her name (for now) is Tuxie so folks......

Meet Miss Tuxie!

Regina holding her
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2716.jpg

Mike petting her
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2715.jpg

Look at this beautiful girl!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM2712.jpg

jazzcat
12-10-2006, 12:18 PM
She is definintely not a feral cat. After trapping the feral momma in my backyard and seeing how terrified she was of humans and afraid to be touched I now know.

What a beautiful girl! I bet someone just dumped her. I hope you guys can find her a good home.

catmandu
12-10-2006, 12:57 PM
What a sweet Scrappy Faced Tuxedo.
That little Feral looks like My Scrappy Angel, and Scrappy2,and we are praying that he will get a WonderfulFurr Ever Home.
Mr Scrappy and Mr Fluffy Angels are there with Scrapster, comforting that Lucky Feral.

lizbud
12-10-2006, 12:59 PM
She certainly does not act like a feral at all. A beautiful cat. :)

Prairie Purrs
12-10-2006, 01:44 PM
I'd vote "not feral." If she was found at an apartment complex, perhaps someone moved away and left her?

The markings on her face are stunning! I hope she quickly finds a loving home.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Awwwwww, she is GORGEOUS!!! I hope she finds a great forever home asap :)

heidiv
12-10-2006, 02:27 PM
She is gorgeous I LOVE the markings around her nose and mouth. Seems to me that she might be a stray?? She will make someone a very good companion??? What a beauty..

Sevaede
12-10-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm gonna send you a PM, Laura! :)

buttercup132
12-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Look at the eyes on her!!
I hope she finds a good home soon.
Definatly dosent seem feral. They won't let your touch them at all let alone want more.

phesina
12-10-2006, 04:37 PM
What a beautiful girl! I bet she's not feral but was dumped. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I hate so many people.

Please keep us posted about her search for a permanent home, Laura! Elmer and I both thank you for taking this lovely cat under your wings (so to speak).

Pat and Elmer

Lizzie
12-10-2006, 04:45 PM
The poor wee mite is a throwaway and not at all feral. Will you be able to have her checked more thoroughly by a vet? I've learned since adopting Ashley that some neuro cats are not CH but have problems because of poisoning or other issues. If she managed to get into that litter box, she appears to be a mild case. Tuxie is lovely and needs a very good home. What a shame you don't have room, Laura, since she would make a fine friend for Amy.

catfamily
12-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Definetly NOT ferel.Please don't send her out to fend for herself :(

krazyaboutkatz
12-10-2006, 06:42 PM
She's gorgeous and defintiely not feral. I sure hope that she'll be able to find a wonderful loving forever home. Please continue to keep us updated about her.:)

moosmom
12-10-2006, 07:33 PM
That beautiful girl is definitely NOT feral. Just another product of a stupid, irresponsible pet owner shirking their responsibilities. I hope you can find her a wonderful furrrrever home.

Laura's Babies
12-10-2006, 09:22 PM
I am glad you all agree with me! Mike swears she HAS to be feral.. Maybe she was born to a wild mother but people have handles her a LOT! I went back this evening and held her again and she laid against me a I felt a little purring going on.. I got a good feel for her and she is far more fluff than cat. I think she is 6 months or younger (age wise). She started eating today, her first since before surgery, I told Mike to give her 24 hours then look for poop in the box.

Mike said he thinks Miss Tuxie had planned all the time to be a house cat with humans to serve her and that is why she was so easy to catch. You can tell, she has a lot of love to give.

....and yes! I would love to have her and would take her in a heatbeat if I had more room and didn't work like I do. She is just to beautiful to ignore and not to love.

Oh, I got tons of pictures to post of our family get together yesterday when things settle down here and I have more time...

QueenScoopalot
12-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Without a doubt NOT FERAL! Please, please keep her until she finds a forever home Laura & Mike! Especially being special needs, she would not survive if she had to run from a preditor or evil human. She's lovely. :)