PDA

View Full Version : A vet visit- the other way round

Barbara
12-10-2006, 12:03 PM
As you know Filou goes to see the vet weekly for his sub-q fluids. This goes on for one and a half year now and over that time we learned to know our vet fairly well. So we invited her over for dinner yesterday.
I was wondering so much what the boys would say. It would be a little like having your teacher over at home wouldn't it?
I supposed she would smell like a vet and that F+T would know... But no- my boys aren't that smart.
She brought over a bouquet with pine branches etc- in a nice Christmassy style and Filou jumped immediately on the table :o to chew the branches.
But Tigris topped it all. After dinner, when I had taken the plates away he just jumped on, lay down in front of her, belly side up and asked for belly rubs :o And got them. ;)
Most of the time when visitors come my boys are somewhat shy- but this time they weren't.

Killearn Kitties
12-10-2006, 12:06 PM
How lovely of your boys to welcome a guest so warmly - such a potentially hazardous guest too!
What good boys you have, they truly embody the Christmas spirit. :D

jazzcat
12-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Aww, how sweet that they were so friendly. I think my cats would hold a grudge, LOL.

Randi
12-10-2006, 12:28 PM
How wonderful! :) :D And a vet of all people! She is surely honoured. :) Even though Filou is going for sub-q fluids at her place, he must be quite comfortable with her, and Tigris too. :) That is SO nice!

catmandu
12-10-2006, 12:52 PM
My Vet got a very good reception from the uncaught Cats too.
So much so that we were able to scoop up Miquelito.
We are praying for Our Friend Filou to get better soon.

lizbud
12-10-2006, 12:56 PM
That's so sweet. She must be a true animal lover & they both sense it.
They hold no grudges. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-10-2006, 01:46 PM
That is great!! A good vet is worth so much!!!

Freedom
12-10-2006, 02:01 PM
I agree with lizbud, that person is definitely in the right line of work. He / she has a special gift with most animals, and yours know it. How touching!

Vio&Juni
12-10-2006, 03:52 PM
I always wondered if the vets have a special sign language that only they and cats know, 'cause my cats turn into mellow kitties at the vet.

Filou had to try the branches :) they think that all the flowers or plants come in just for them.

buttercup132
12-10-2006, 03:55 PM
How nice of your boys to be so friendly to the white coat.

krazyaboutkatz
12-10-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm glad that your boys welcomed her.:) Now maybe things will go even better the next time that Filou gets his sub-q fluids.:)

Edwina's Secretary
12-10-2006, 07:26 PM
They are too smart! They could smell an animal lover...even in vet clothing... :D

Cataholic
12-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Maybe she bathed in between the white coats and your home, and F&T were unaware? Or, F&T knew they were the 'boss' of her once she entered your home. OR, best yet- this was all part of a big trick, to make the white coat so enamored with the boys that she couldn't do anything mean to them once they returned to the white coats. :D

DJFyrewolf36
12-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Sounds like you have the right vet indeed! Prayers on the way that Filou continues to do well :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2006, 08:45 PM
What a lovely evening for all! How many kitties ever get an opportunity to relax and really enjoy the company of their vet?

I'm so jealous though....I want Tigris asking for belly rubs while on my lap. <pout> .....gotta find a way to make it to Germany one of these days.....

Laura's Babies
12-12-2006, 11:56 AM
I think it is neat that the vet got to see them in their home enviroment and see how they are in real life. That is definately a vet that loves her work!