PDA

View Full Version : Got a collapsible kennel?

BC_MoM
12-10-2006, 12:49 AM
I was wondering --

Molly's starting obedience in January and needs a collapsible kennel (soft or wire - it doesn't matter), but I don't feel like going out and spending money on a new one.

Does anyone on here have one they no longer use that they would be willing to sell me, second hand?

Molly's roughly 18" tall.

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-10-2006, 01:55 AM
I do have a wire one that I don't use, but shipping would probably be insanely expensive as it would be rather heavy/big. Do you have a PetsMart nearby by any chance? The one near me has wire crates pretty inexpensive..

BC_MoM
12-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Good point. Shipping's a bummer.

We don't have a PetsMart - only Petland (expensive) and Petcetera (too far). My Walmart doesn't have any.

Pam
12-10-2006, 06:17 AM
My daughter got her soft collapsible crate from ebay. She saved a bundle of $ too. It held up well for over a year and then Harlee managed to poke a hole in it (it is nylon and zips) with her nail and kept working on it until the hole is now a rip. It is still able to be used though.

borzoimom
12-10-2006, 06:50 AM
I have several, but again shipping. Petsmart has free shipping for orders over 50 dollars. http://www.petsmart.com/global/search/search_results.jsp?In=Dog&N=2035804&Ne=2 and considering its a crate, that would be what would be paid if someone else shipped a crate to you. ( or least about half just guessing with the size).

Freedom
12-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Well, this left me wondering what they are going to teach the dog in obedience class - how to collapse it, or how to set it up? ha ha ha.

If you "only" need it for the 6 or 8 weeks of class, and have what you need for home, maybe you could borrow one from the vet; or shelter? Even offer to put a full deposit to cover its relacement, and get the deposit back when you return it? Or maybe pay a small "lending" fee for the use of it those few weeks? Just an idea, I haven't had to do this. Or maybe if there is a breeder in your area ( of anything, dogs, cats, potbellied pigs, who knows) they might be interested in a lending arrangemnt? Just tossing out ideas.

labmomma
12-10-2006, 08:09 AM
I have 2 crates one of which I bought on eBay. Even with shipping taken into consideration it was a lot cheaper that the one I got at the pet store. Having a crate trained dog is really convenient because there are times when they need to be crated. This summer was horribly hot and if I was going to be gone from the house for a long time I'd crate my boys inside with the A/C.
Labmomma X 2 :)

Pembroke_Corgi
12-10-2006, 09:35 AM
What about a "pop-up" crate? They are not the sturdiest of crates, but they are light and cheap. We have one for camping. I bought it at target for about $18. I think they still sell them.

BC_MoM
12-10-2006, 11:02 AM
1) I've emailed lots of local people, and no one has a spare crate.

2) I can't buy online, I don't have a credit card.

3) I live in Canada - we don't have Targets here.

Molly can go crazy sometimes, so I want something a little more sturdy. :p

borzoimom
12-10-2006, 11:03 AM
1) I've emailed lots of local people, and no one has a spare crate.

2) I can't buy online, I don't have a credit card.

3) I live in Canada - we don't have Targets here.

Molly can go crazy sometimes, so I want something a little more sturdy. :p
I was at a dog show a few months back, and this one lady had a fabric crate. The dog got too excited and ROLLED the fabric crate. The way I look at it is, if it wont hold them with safety protection from something that could harm them from the outside, you may as well not crate.
I am also pming you.

borzoimom
12-10-2006, 11:26 AM
pm back to you..

areias
12-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Craigslist!!

borzoimom
12-10-2006, 06:59 PM
done..