PDA

View Full Version : Amber is not eating.

jenluckenbach
12-09-2006, 06:30 AM
:(

I am at a loss as to how to help her. She won't eat the canned food, she won't eat the dry, she has eaten a little of them mixed together, but not enough. She won't drink the cat milk, she won't touch the baby food. She HAS to be hungry! She won't eat the a/d canned. I am going to try a Fancy Feast variety that is always a favorite, but I have to BUY it first (too early to get it now).

She's making me crazy! :(

K & L
12-09-2006, 07:06 AM
Have you tried tuna? I know it's not the best thing to give cats, but if it will get her appetite stimulated it may be worth it. Good luck!

kittycats_delight
12-09-2006, 07:06 AM
Jen I don't know what to say. Will she eat some canned tuna? I know it's not the best thing but it is better than nothing. what about making a little bit of chicken and putting it in the food processor with some of it's cooking broth? I hope she starts eating something.

Amber sweety you have gat to eat for your meowmie. But most of all you have to eat for YOU!!! Come on sweetheart, you want to feel better right? You have to eat something.

((((JEN))))

Michelle

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-09-2006, 08:07 AM
Oops.... oh no.. . Is her mouth healing well after that surgery?
I thought she started eating already, so if she stopped now, there MUST be a reason... . Did you tell your vet, Jen?

Come on sweat Amber, tell meowmie what is bothering you.....

catmandu
12-09-2006, 09:53 AM
You might have to get the AD into a syringe and inject it into her mouth.
Some Chicken Of The Sea Tuna might helped.
I know the Found Cats went crazy about that when I brought it back from the States.
We are praying that Amber regaind her appetite soon.
Maybe a little Deli Chicken would tempt her.

Zippy
12-09-2006, 11:03 AM
I agree with everone about giving her a little tuna and maybe a little lunchmeat.Have you tryed chicken?

orangemm
12-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Does she like ham (lunchmeat type)? Archy goes nutty if we get deli ham out of the fridge. That is soft enough not to cause any problems.

Poor girl, she's been through a lot...........

fragrancehound
12-09-2006, 05:44 PM
What about some salmon or sardines? Those are pretty stinky and might encourage her appetite.

Maybe even some plain chicken or turkey broth mixed with some wet food?

catmandu
12-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Or Royal Canin Baby Kitten Food.
That worked for Dear John Hancock, until he decided he was eating what the Other Found Cats were eating.
Deli Turkey , or Minemeat might work as well, Mr Scrappy loved to make mincemeat of the mincemeat.
Prayers are coming for Amber from Us All.

Taz_Zoee
12-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Taz went through a not-eating stage a few months ago and we tried changing his food. We changed it about 3 times and I was just worried about changing it SOOO much. Finally, we found a food he could eat and keep down. It is only available through a vet, but it is Purina Veterinary Diets z/d. This is a food for sensitive stomachs. But of course, what worked for my cat doesn't mean it will work for Amber.
Good luck and I hope she gets better soon.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-09-2006, 06:43 PM
If she doesn't eat the Fancy Feast, can you try some baby food? Just an idea to try and get her to eat again.

Poor Amber, poor meowmy. :(

jenluckenbach
12-09-2006, 07:10 PM
ACK!! She's driving me insane!! I placed her in a room by hersle today so I could keep food down and no other cats could eat it. then I went off to work. Well sometime until Charlie got home she ate the canned food.

But tonight, she would not eat again. :confused: I don't get it???

Well, tomorrow is another day and another flavor food, I guess.

krazyaboutkatz
12-10-2006, 03:02 AM
I hope that Amber's appetite picks up soon. I know how frustrating this can be. Please continue to keep us updated about her.

rosethecopycat
12-10-2006, 06:38 AM
i think you need to go into 'syringe' mode with A/D.

And try KFC chicken. (not any other brands, the Colonel puts something in there cats like)

Is she sick, or does she hurt?
Stinky foods will help if she's sick, but not if she hurts.

jazzcat
12-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Poor Amber. I've been reading and catching up about her. I'm sorry to hear she's not well.

Maybe she just needs plenty of time to relax and eat slowly since she did eat in the room by herself. Poor girl.

jenluckenbach
12-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Again today, while we were away, we left Amber and food in a room by themselves. She ate EVERYTHING!

SO she CAN eat. I guess we are looking at a little bit of "baby-ing. :rolleyes:

Lizzie
12-10-2006, 04:48 PM
That's great news (except for the extra work for you, of course)! You must be very relieved. She's quite the princess, isn't she? First of all making you spend all that money on her that you needed for yourself. And then insisting on a private suite for meals. What next?!