PDA

View Full Version : Christmas drawing (FINISHED)

slleipnir
12-07-2006, 10:01 PM
http://tainted-sky.net/draw/horse_pres6b.jpg
I guess I'm done...

http://tainted-sky.net/draw/horse_pres5.jpg
Yet another update....still not done...the "water" looks crappy...

http://www.tainted-sky.net/draw/horse_pres4.jpg
Still working......ack, the mane is hard....

(edit)I thought I'd show you all what I'm planning on doing with this. Again, it's not done...the clouds and water are just thrown in for now, and will be finished later
http://www.tainted-sky.net/draw/horse_pres3.jpg
(/edit)

(edit)I'm NOT finished yet, that is why the neck looks weird(/edit)

I'm a little tight on money this year, so I figured I would draw my mom something. I do that sometimes, but I feel cheap doing it :o

Anyway, I was going to do something traditional (IE, pencils), but I keep messing it up so I figured I'd just do something on the computer...although I know she prefers the pencil drawings.

http://www.tainted-sky.net/draw/horse_pres2.jpg
This is what I have so far (ie, I'm not done yet). It looks odd to me, but I can't place what...any suggestions?

Husky_mom
12-07-2006, 10:10 PM
first of all...............mayor WOWW!!!!...........itīs awesome what you can do............

second..............donīt feel that way i know she will appreciate as she knows the time and effort and love it takes you to make it..........

and third............i would love if you teach me how to do it

and for the odd thingy..........what i feel it might be is the far right side, right where the neck ends, it seems to be missing something, perhaps you can add more hair and make it end in hair (i know itīs called mane :rolleyes: LOL )

you can have it print out in a nice paper (cheap by the way) and i bet it would look awesome, more if thatīs possible :D

slleipnir
12-07-2006, 10:20 PM
first of all...............mayor WOWW!!!!...........itīs awesome what you can do............

second..............donīt feel that way i know she will appreciate as she knows the time and effort and love it takes you to make it..........

and third............i would love if you teach me how to do it

and for the odd thingy..........what i feel it might be is the far right side, right where the neck ends, it seems to be missing something, perhaps you can add more hair and make it end in hair (i know itīs called mane :rolleyes: LOL )

you can have it print out in a nice paper (cheap by the way) and i bet it would look awesome, more if thatīs possible :D

Thanks :) I would love to show you how I do it, but I'm not sure how haha. As for the right side, I'm not finished of that yet. I'm going to add a little more body, and a sunset for background..or maybe clouds.

Toby's my baby
12-07-2006, 10:32 PM
It looks great!! I sure wish I could draw like that! I can't wait, I'm taking "beginners draw" 4th quarter at school! ;) lol

The only thing I was gonna say was that the right sided where the neck ends is too bold, and the light outline thing around it looked odd, but since you aren't finished with that part yet, well, it looks fine! I love it, and I think your mom will too! :)

cmayer31
12-07-2006, 10:40 PM
I can't say that I see anything odd about it, but my eye for art isn't exactly the greatest. That said I'm amazed at the detail in your drawing! I keep looking at the face and detail and I can't belive how much "life" you've captured. It's really great!

BOBS DAD
12-07-2006, 10:48 PM
I like it... just finish as you think it would /should be, and be happy with it. I know your Mom will love it!

dukedogsmom
12-07-2006, 10:57 PM
That is just beautiful! If you'll add the withers on the right side and let the mane taper off, it should be fine. #6 on this diagram : http://www.m-w.com/mw/art/horse.gif
It looks great! Wish I could do all that stuff on the computer.

anna_66
12-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Awesome! Don't feel cheap, your mom will absolutely LOVE it:Dd

cyber-sibes
12-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Wow! That's gorgeous! Your detail is really fabulous. You are so talented! Cheap? No way!

borzoimom
12-08-2006, 08:55 AM
WOW!!! Is that a Black Pearl Friesians??? WOW!!!! I agree a little more in the mane, but HOLY COW! YOu have MAJOR TALENT!

slleipnir
12-08-2006, 10:12 AM
WOW!!! Is that a Black Pearl Friesians??? WOW!!!! I agree a little more in the mane, but HOLY COW! YOu have MAJOR TALENT!
It's a friesian, yup. This is the ref I'm using (http://www.wyningedgefriesians.com/wyndepluum/wgallery1conf/WynBestHead.jpg)
Isn't he amazing??

(I use a ref, but I don't trace..it's harder then you would think hehe)

Anita Cholaine
12-08-2006, 10:12 AM
I love it! It looks so real, almost like a photograph.
I'm sure your mum will be thrilled with it :D

Pembroke_Corgi
12-08-2006, 10:49 AM
It's beautiful!! I'm sure she will love it. :)

gini
12-08-2006, 11:04 AM
I think it is just wonderful. You have an amazing talent that I know your Mom will appreciate and she must realize how long it takes you to complete - just for her!

borzoimom
12-08-2006, 11:12 AM
It's a friesian, yup. This is the ref I'm using (http://www.wyningedgefriesians.com/wyndepluum/wgallery1conf/WynBestHead.jpg)
Isn't he amazing??

(I use a ref, but I don't trace..it's harder then you would think hehe)
I thought so- my breeder of my two borzois has them. I mean what beautiful horses!!!

Vela
12-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Friesians have such a long heavy mane. If you carry the mane down as thick down the nck as you did on top, it will cover up most of where the neck ends and make it look more natural, have it end with his make as the border rather than the lined border and outline look, if you are going for more natural, which it seems you are by the face. Good job.

slleipnir
12-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Friesians have such a long heavy mane. If you carry the mane down as thick down the nck as you did on top, it will cover up most of where the neck ends and make it look more natural, have it end with his make as the border rather than the lined border and outline look, if you are going for more natural, which it seems you are by the face. Good job.

Husky_mom
12-08-2006, 12:16 PM
OMG!!......freakingly AWESOME!!!!.......I know its for your mom..........but.......can I download a copy when you are done??.....I would love to have it printed......AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME..........

beeniesmom
12-08-2006, 12:38 PM
OMG, It's coming out beautiful.
I have tears in my eyes.
Your mom will love this so much. It's a special gift that she will cherrish for years and years. These are the kinds of things that will pass from generation to generation. You can't do that with most storebought presents.

slleipnir
12-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Aww, thanks everyone :)

Yeah, you can dl it. Any ideas of where I can print it in good quality??

Vela
12-08-2006, 01:46 PM

Well yes I know, you had already stated that, but you said it looked odd and asked for suggestions...that's why I gave you my opinion on it :p I wasn't picking on it, I was telling you why I thought it looked off in that part, that's all. I think you are doing a very nice job on it.

Husky_mom
12-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Aww, thanks everyone :)

Yeah, you can dl it. Any ideas of where I can print it in good quality??

mostly at any photography places that do film...but maybe at walmart too......or walgreens.......

thank you!! ;)

slleipnir
12-08-2006, 02:02 PM
mostly at any photography places that do film...but maybe at walmart too......or walgreens.......

thank you!! ;)

I find walmart and those place don't print very good quality.

borzoimom
12-08-2006, 02:21 PM
I find walmart and those place don't print very good quality.
You can put it to canvas. Pm'ing you..

flamepony12
12-08-2006, 05:44 PM
......Why can you draw horses so well? T^T haha. seriously. it's amazing. It looks awesome :)

Suki Wingy
12-08-2006, 07:39 PM
WOW it's AMAZING! I've been drawing horses nonstop for 5 years but I could never reach that level of realism! :eek:

slleipnir
12-08-2006, 08:48 PM
I actually used to draw horses A LOT when I was younger...but they were always really crappy. (mostly for my mom :o) that's why, probably, I picked a horse and not a dog...because I know my mom would prefer a horse to a dog (drawing anyway)

dukedogsmom
12-09-2006, 04:15 AM
I'm so jealous! That horse looks like he could start coming right off the computer screen. That's how real he looks. You are way too talented. You need to start applying for jobs with graffics companies. Do you have a portfolio? If not, you need to get one. You have some serious talent.

anna_66
12-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Wow girl, it's looking fantastic!!!

cyber-sibes
12-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Wow, it just keeps getting better and better! re: printing it, check with shops that sell good quality photography supplies, many also do custom printing, and it's not that much more than regular.

slleipnir
12-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks :) I added another update...I'm almost done, but not yet..

slleipnir
12-10-2006, 09:31 AM
bump

gini
12-10-2006, 11:40 AM
The drawing just gets better and better and better.

You may be too close to it to see what we all see - it is beautiful and your talent is outstanding!

slleipnir
12-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Finished....I guess. Duno what else to do with it

Almita
12-11-2006, 05:23 PM
That drawing is great! love it, how ever if it's finished or not still love it. Can't wait till it is finished!

cyber-sibes
12-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Beautiful! Your mom is going to be thrilled!

Toby's my baby
12-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Fantastic job!! Look how far you came from the first one!! It is great, you are a wonderful artist, I'm sure your mother will appreciate it more than any other gift. Great job! :D

Pembroke_Corgi
12-11-2006, 08:48 PM
It's beautiful!

gini
12-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Simply a stunning drawing - every thing about it catches your breath -

slleipnir
12-12-2006, 07:35 AM
:)

Anita Cholaine
12-12-2006, 07:40 AM
It is absolutely gorgeous. The horse, the background, I think everything is perfect.
I know your mum will love it :D

My Peanuts
12-12-2006, 09:37 AM
All I can say is WOW! You are very talented. That is truly unbelievable!

Suki Wingy
12-12-2006, 06:03 PM
I Love It!

elizabethann
12-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Is this a painting? A colored pencil drawing?

However it was done, it's beautiful!

Vela
12-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Your mom is going to love it, good job.

slleipnir
12-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Is this a painting? A colored pencil drawing?

However it was done, it's beautiful!

I did it in photoshop, on the computer. I don't trace or anything, obviously. If you overlay the images, they don't match.

k9krazee
12-12-2006, 09:38 PM
It looks FANTASTIC!!

CountryWolf07
12-13-2006, 12:58 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself. You have an artistic talent, and you know it. That is one amazing drawing. Praise yourself, don't over-criticize. Trust me. :) You're awesome!! Keep up the amazing artwork!

anna_66
12-13-2006, 07:21 AM
OMG Audrey! It turned out absolutely wonderful! She's going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it:D

So are you going to print and frame it for her?

Kfamr
12-13-2006, 07:43 AM
I've been watching this thread since the first update. I LOVE it. It looks wonderful. I am sure she will love it.