PDA

View Full Version : Oh, I'm ancient!

Sevaede
12-07-2006, 11:39 AM
That is my husbands line of thought today. Today is his 30th birthday and he is *NOT* (there just is not enough font effects to emphasize what I mean. :p ) happy about it. He is incredibly grumpy, irritable, depressed, etc.

How can I make him feel better? :p I tried telling him that he is only twenty four hours older than he was yesterday. It's not like he was 29 one day and *POOF* he was 30. :p Probably wasn't the best way to explain that... :o

The way I see it is like this. Stores price things at .99, 1.99, etc, to make you think you're getting a better deal, right? Well, same thing applies. :p

Tells stories of your 30th (or whichever birthday effected you like this), funny anecdotes, etc!

:D

lvpets2002
12-07-2006, 12:01 PM
:) Happy Birthday to Your Hubby.. Tell him he is just 30 yrs younger.. Also the younger you get the Wiser you get.. If all of that fails just Grill him a Good Steak with a Big Baked Potato with the works.. :D

Reachoutrescue
12-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Please tell your husband Happy Birthday for us. I just turned 29.....let him know we are not ancient! :)

lvpets2002
12-07-2006, 12:10 PM
:p Oh yes I forgot you could tell him he could be my age.. I know I am not Ancient!! :D

Pembroke_Corgi
12-07-2006, 12:12 PM
Well, I've heard that 40 is the "new 30," so logically, 30 must be the "new 20!"

Tell him happy birthday for me! Maybe a little cake and ice cream will cheer him up :D

mruffruff
12-07-2006, 12:13 PM
He has at least 30 more to go, so cheer up! :D

Every year after I turned 40 was better than the last. That was 24 years ago. I started doing all those things I was afraid to try, stopped letting anyone tell me what to do or how to live, decided to make ME happy. All within reason, of course.

I wouldn't want to be young again. It's so much better to be (sorta) wise!

Or maybe I'm just a wise a$$.

borzoimom
12-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Tell him men are not classed as men until they are 30... They know enough to be men, know how to act, know who they are, etc ... and another 30 my foot- try another 60 years by todays standard, so now he has all that time to take the ball and run with being a man... lol..

RedHedd
12-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I recently heard that 50 is the new 30. I'm 55 so I guess I'm REALLY ancient.

For my 30th birthday I subpoenaed all my friends to a party. My birthday was on a Saturday that year so I subpoenaed them to a "Final Friday of my 20's" party. I think I still have the subpoena somewhere. It was a fun party at the London Wine Bar in San Francisco. I don't remember too much about the evening, probably because I drank too much AND it was like a million years ago!

Tell hubby 30 is NOT old at all! That's when you're just getting good at being an adult and it DOES get better. My 40's are still my favorite decade.

Queen of Poop
12-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Get over it honey!! I just turned 41. You're as old as you feel and as old as you want to feel. He doesn't know what ancient is. Ancient is my ex-grandfather in law who lived to be 101 years old, that's ancient.

wolflady
12-07-2006, 02:37 PM
LOL
I can totally relate to your husband's feelings. I turned the big (and dreaded) 30 this past year and felt rather traumatized. I refuse to accept that I'm an adult, and so when people ask me how old I am, I simply say I'm 25 with 5 years experience.... :p

Sometimes it takes them awhile to figure it out. LOL

borzoimom
12-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Get over it honey!! I just turned 41. You're as old as you feel and as old as you want to feel. He doesn't know what ancient is. Ancient is my ex-grandfather in law who lived to be 101 years old, that's ancient.
I am 46 and my grand parents lived well into their 90's and great grandparents into 100... When I look back- 30 feels young..

Logan
12-07-2006, 02:51 PM
30 was much tougher for me than 40, for some reason, at least at first. Maybe it was the black roses my then husband sent to me! Grrrrrrr! And my life totally changed when I was 30 as I went through a divorce, moved off on my own with my then 2 year old daughter and our cat (Mimi). I sort of look at it as my life began at 30! Tell your hubby to get over it and enjoy being "30 something".

Logan

catnapper
12-07-2006, 03:53 PM
I couldn't WAIT to turn 30. Things get better with age. I never understood geting upset over turning 30 (or 40, 50, etc) since its all just a number, nothing else. Its how you feel, emotionally and physically that counts.

I concur with Queen of Poop: get over it!

critter crazy
12-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Oh Boy!!! I cant wait till next year! Hubby turns 40!!! I am so goig to through him a huge suprise party!!!! Hubby has yet to complain about hs age!! besides hubby always say that he only feels as old as the woman he is with, and since I am only 29 he feels young!! he he he he he!! Hubby is a big goof!!!:D

Dorothy39
12-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Looking back, 30 is now my "favorite" age!!!

( I swear that I'm still 12 :D )

You are as *young* as you feel fella!!!

This is not a dress rehearsal, LIVE IT UP!!!! :cool:

BitsyNaceyDog
12-07-2006, 07:37 PM
My husband just turned 25 last week. His mom told him he was "a quarter way to dead". I told Justin to take it as a compliment because that means his mom expects him to live to 100.

My husbands friend turns 30 on Saturday. His wife is throwing him a little party with some of his closest friends. I don't think he cares too much that he's turning 30.

When my mother-in-law turned 40 she had a party thrown for her. Someone gave her a key chain that read "here's my keys, now where's the car?" When she first looked at the key chain and read it aloud she read it as "here's my keys, now where's the cat?" With a puzzled look on her face she said "that's cute, but I don't get it". It was funny and very memorable (she still gets teased about it years later).

Catty1
12-07-2006, 10:46 PM
He's just 15 twice!

"It's not how old you are...it's how you are old."

and

"Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative."

:)

anna_66
12-09-2006, 07:51 AM
Ancient? Now come on...I'm almost 41 :eek:

I understand him having a hard time though. When I turned 40 this year it made me feel extremely old, I just can't believe how time flies. Kinda felt to me like 1/2 of my life was over and before I know it, it will be over!

Hope he starts feeling better about it!

Sevaede
12-09-2006, 08:43 AM
He had a good giggle, everyone. He also said thank you very much! :) It really did seem to elevate his mood to see all of your posts. :D

I think now he still doesn't like it but he's going to accept it. :p

cassiesmom
12-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Tell him that 30 is three perfect 10s.

I had the big four-oh this year. Some days I feel old and others, not. They say that age only matters for wine and cheese.