PDA

View Full Version : Oops....i Did It Again!! Please Don't Be Mad Fellow Pters!!

Reachoutrescue
12-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Well, as most of you know, back in August a bunch of put our brains together and pulled 12 kittens from a pound in Richland County, Olney, Illinios. Yes, we ended up getting a couple that had ringworm and it spread like wildfire. Well, I don't know why, but I am pulling three more kittens and two puppies from them this Saturday. Sandy, the animal control full time employee, has set up a transport for me. We are meeting the man in Bradley, Illinois Saturday early afternoon. I know, I know, I shouldn't be doing this, but I just could not say no. We have 11 cats here and one dog (plus our own dog), so what is a couple of more, if it will save their lives right? We are now on Petfinder, so if will be easier to receive donations and adopt some animals out. I know you guys are probably thinking I am crazy....maybe I am...just a little bit!! Here are the links to the kittens and puppies we are pulling. I hope you guys will support my decision once you see these adorable faces.

Kitty 1 (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7457734)

Kitty 2 (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7457742)

Kitty 3 (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7369151)

Puppy 1 and 2 (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7439440)

lvpets2002
12-07-2006, 12:41 PM
:) I know it is very hard to resist recuing.. We thank you for being so concern & caring.. These babies are just too sweet & adorable.. Pet Finder if a good web site.. That where 5 of my babies came from.. Good Luck

Donnaj4962
12-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Oh no, we could never be mad at you! You are doing a wonderful thing to save these babies! Please keep me in mind for other transports that may be going through NE and central Indiana. I will help if I can!

Hope all of these babies come with NO RINGWORM!!!!!!!! I know that you will be a great foster family for all of them and they will find wonderful forever homes.

TamanduaGirl
12-07-2006, 03:30 PM
I don't think the number of pets or rescues you have matters as long as you ca care for them all properly.

kb2yjx
12-07-2006, 05:19 PM
THe kittens are so sweet and so lucky to have YOU!! Great job!

RedHedd
12-07-2006, 05:56 PM
I WANT kitty #2 - orange fluffiness!

Reachoutrescue
12-07-2006, 07:27 PM
I WANT kitty #2 - orange fluffiness!
He is cute isn't he? Thank you everybody for your support. I decided I am taking all four kittens. Two already have pending homes! Yippy!

catmandu
12-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Angry at YOU!
NEVER!
How can we be Mad at Compassion , and someone who goes the extra mile to help the Helpless.
Its the people that put these poor Creatures of God in that sad state that we are MAD at.
God Bless You for Your Big Heart.

Reachoutrescue
12-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Angry at YOU!
NEVER!
How can we be Mad at Compassion , and someone who goes the extra mile to help the Helpless.
Its the people that put these poor Creatures of God in that sad state that we are MAD at.
God Bless You for Your Big Heart.
Thank you Gary, that is so comforting. I really feel I am doing the right thing. I am sure there will be consequences, but what rescue does not have them???

Thank you every body for understanding my crazy little mind! :eek:

mr.chiwawa
12-07-2006, 10:31 PM
As long as you care and love for them no one can fault you. And the pictures they are too cute you wont have any problem finding them homes. Take care and god bless you!!!!
-Chi Hugs-

Reachoutrescue
12-07-2006, 10:35 PM
As long as you care and love for them no one can fault you. And the pictures they are too cute you wont have any problem finding them homes. Take care and god bless you!!!!
-Chi Hugs-
Thank you so much and god bless you as well!! :)

Husky15
12-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Definitely not mad at you! This is a beautiful thing you're doing for these wonderful animals. God bless you. To me it doesn't matter how many you have, just as long as they're taken care of and loved as much as they deserve and need to be. And I know they definitely will be. It's people like you who make this world a wonderful place.

kt_luvs_kitties
12-08-2006, 09:24 PM
It's just something about that first kitty :p ;) :D

Reachoutrescue
12-08-2006, 11:36 PM
It's just something about that first kitty :p ;) :D
He is pretty darn cute, isn't he? (found out she is really a he!!) You know, a friend of mine said she thinks the lil' guy looks like he is mixed with Flame Point Siamese....What do you think? I am sure we will find him the PURRRFECT furever home!!

krazyaboutkatz
12-08-2006, 11:53 PM
He is pretty darn cute, isn't he? (found out she is really a he!!) You know, a friend of mine said she looks like the lil' guy is mixed with Flame Point Siamese....What do you think? I am sure we will find him the PURRRFECT furever home!!
Yes, I was just going to mention that he sounds like a Flame point Siamese mix. They take about 2 years to get their full points. My Starr is one and he'll turn 2 in March.:) All of the kittens and puppies sure are cute and you shouldn't have any problems finding them new loving forever homes.:) Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way that everthing will go smoothly this time and that they'll all be healthy. I really do admire your work.:)

Reachoutrescue
12-09-2006, 12:47 AM
Yes, I was just going to mention that he sounds like a Flame point Siamese mix. They take about 2 years to get their full points. My Starr is one and he'll turn 2 in March.:) All of the kittens and puppies sure are cute and you shouldn't have any problems finding them new loving forever homes.:) Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way that everthing will go smoothly this time and that they'll all be healthy. I really do admire your work.:)
Thank you so much. I am feeling positive about this bunch. Sandy, at the Richland County Pound, said she dewormed them and had given the pups antibiotics because one was really ill (a little boy). They ended up losing the little boy. They found another pup that looks just like the two so they believe it is a litter mate of the two. We are now taking a total of four kittens and three pups (we are taking a beagle/terrier mix along with the two rottie mixes). I will post pics this weekend. Thanks again everybody for your support on my decision.

softballgirl11
12-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Good for you. Very sweet looking animals. I love them all!!!! I wish I could have one, but already have 4 cats and 2 large dogs in my small home.

moosmom
12-09-2006, 09:07 AM
I know you guys are probably thinking I am crazy....maybe I am...just a little bit!

If being crazy is wrong, then I don't wanna be right. Okay, so I stole the words from a song, but it's SOOOO true.

I completely understand you wanting to help those precious animals out. Like you said, what's one more, as long as you save their lives??? What you've done so far is short of spectacular, and I commend you for it. Keep up the good work and remember one thing, when you start to feel overwhelmed, take a break. You can't save them all, but you can make a difference, even if it is one tail at a time.

(((((HUGS)))))

kt_luvs_kitties
12-09-2006, 09:16 PM
I am praying he will find the PURRFECT FURREVER HOME! :p
And if it wasnt for you and Dave, they would never get that chance ;)