PDA

View Full Version : VET TIME at the Found Cat Hotel!!!

catmandu
12-07-2006, 09:55 AM
There are 7 Carriers out in various places in the Hotel.
I try to catch as many as I can, the record is 8.
I will try to make it 12 out of 12, but as Cat Lovers know, the Cats catch on very quickly nad the last ones find hiding spots that you didnt know even existed.
Please Pray that the Found Cats are all Healthy and have a Clean Bill Of Health.

Pam
12-07-2006, 10:23 AM
the last ones find hiding spots that you didnt know even existed.

Ha! True! One day I had to actually cancel a vet appointment because I couldn't find Andy. :rolleyes: They said that happens all the time.

I usually bring their carriers into the bathroom when they aren't looking (best to do the day before their appointment). Then I pick them up, one by one, and we head into the bathroom. It is a great place to *load them* into their carriers because, should they squirm and get away, they have nowhere to hide. :p With more than two, though, my plan probably wouldn't work unless you have a very large bathroom. :) Good luck rounding everyone up. I hope no one has any problems and their check-up is good. Just the fee for *well visits* for them all will be quite a bit. :eek:

lvpets2002
12-07-2006, 10:26 AM
;) Woo Hoo and the chase is on.. Run Kitty Run :D Yes me & the girls send Whisker Prayers & Huuggss for all babies to be Healthy.. Ok Gary put some of that Breathtaken Canada Cat Nip in a Carrier & Waa Laa..

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Wow Gary, you bring them all in ONE go :confused: :eek: !
You are VERY couragious.... :D

I have "only" 4 cats, and I bring them in 2 "shifts": 2 in August, and 2 in January :) :p

I hope they all get a perfect clean bill of health!!

ps. Snoopy is sending Miquelito lots of kissies; she says it doesn't hurt at all at the vets :D

Reachoutrescue
12-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Good luck with the kitty chase!! I sure hope they give in a little for you, Gary!! I give you credit....trust me, catching cats is no fun!

Sonia59
12-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Good luck Gary. I hope you catch them all!
Paws are crossed that everything will go fine ;)

Zippy
12-07-2006, 11:00 AM
It is a midnight to catch my two.Prayers and Paws crossed for all the Found Cats to be healthy. :D

Grace
12-07-2006, 01:49 PM
You are my hero, Gary!! No way on earth would I try to take my 6 in at the same time - not to mention paying the fee!

Ours are scattered throughout the year, and it works for us.

Good luck, and prayers that everyone is extremely healthy.

Husky15
12-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Good luck with cat chase/capture - I'm sure you'll do fine. Wishes and prayers that all the Found Cats are as healthy as they can be! :)

critter crazy
12-07-2006, 02:04 PM
WOW!!! Good luck with the chase!!! Geesh I have a hard enough time with one!! Dont know how you do it??? Do you got a superman costume on under your clothes???:D

Freedom
12-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Gee, Gary, I am impressed! I have 7 but ever do more than 4 or 5 at a time!

My routine starts thie night before - all the nails get clipped.

Time for loading, I have planned tht they are really hungry, and I snag everyone in the home office; that room is the smallest in the house and has no impossible places to hide (under a double bed is an "impossible" place - I can't get the cat there.) Only after they are "trapped" do the carriers appear.

Are you in shreds, Gary? Hope all get the clean bill of health!!!

jenluckenbach
12-07-2006, 06:15 PM
So how did the trapping go? ;)

catmandu
12-07-2006, 07:12 PM
I got 9 of the 12.
The Vet who was visting was wrapping up when Miquelito went to a carrier and made Cat 9.
We missed Rocca, John and Pouncierge. :( :( :(
The young Vet assistant tried for Rocca who made like a rattler and scared her out of a years growth. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
JJJ3, and BoBo will need dental in 6 months, but overall all went well.
My Aunt Joan helped out and brought food for the Found Cats, and Scraps for the Porch Cats.
It vanished in a New York Minute.

kimlovescats
12-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Gary, 9 out or 12 is really good! I'm glad everyone checked out OK! ;)

jenluckenbach
12-07-2006, 07:28 PM
9 out of 12 is VERY good!!!

phesina
12-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Well done, Gary! 9 for-sure healthy cats, and 3 probably. That's fantastic.

Congratulations, and I bet all concerned are glad that's over with for another year!

Pat

fragrancehound
12-07-2006, 08:14 PM
I usually bring their carriers into the bathroom when they aren't looking (best to do the day before their appointment). Then I pick them up, one by one, and we head into the bathroom. It is a great place to *load them* into their carriers because, should they squirm and get away, they have nowhere to hide. :p With more than two, though, my plan probably wouldn't work unless you have a very large bathroom. :) Good luck rounding everyone up. I hope no one has any problems and their check-up is good. Just the fee for *well visits* for them all will be quite a bit. :eek:

Me too! One time I couldn't get panther in the carrier and had to cancel my appointment. He was hiding under the bed and I couldn't get him out. I felt so silly too.

Since then the bathroom is the best place in my house to put them in the carrier....no place to hide if they get loose.

Logan
12-07-2006, 11:01 PM
I have had to cancel many vet appointments because Butter is in hiding. How does he know??? :confused: You did great, Gary!!! :)

catmandu
12-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Actually the Older Cats were easy as pie.
I just walked up, and plopped them in the carrier.
I had John Hancock in a carrier but he actually was rocking the carrier back and forth, and howling not unlike a banshee, so I let him out.
He was scaring the other Cats too much.
Now I have to scheme how to catch the Stubborn Trio.
Scrappy 2s calm, but loathes being picked up in any way.
John Hnacock might have ear mites and has to be caught, but thats easier said than done.
And Rocca has a bad reputation at Two Vets already.
This is going to be not a lot of Fun.

cassiesmom
12-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Prayers and Paws crossed for all the Found Cats to be healthy.

From here too