PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's 189 - time for cyber-hugs

catland
12-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi everyone. I'm happy to see that I get to open the door this week. These past couple of months have been really hard and stressful. I think the shorter days don't help much (its not even 5:00pm yet, and its almost dark outside).

I'll get the fire started and see if I can find some hot cocoa. Please feel welcome to come on in and warm yourself up.

Sevaede
12-06-2006, 06:54 PM
*peeks in*

I've been lurking at these. I don't quite understand how they work. :p

TamanduaGirl
12-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Oh me too. *Runs inside and curles up by the fire then smells cocoa brewing and gets up for a cup*

Karen
12-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Okay, new folks. This cyber bar is open to everyone BUT ... to earn your admission, you need to tell one joke - keep it clean, as this is still Pet Talk!

Catland, I'll also brew a big pot of chai tea, with cinnamon and cardamom, and I'll start a big batch of cookie dough, too - warm cookies are good for cold fingers, don'tcha think? And a warm cookie is kinda like a hug, too!

Yes, Mario, you can help stir - BOTH paws on the spoon now ...

Lots of folks who need hugs, I'll give one to anyone who asks, but beware - a Peterson hug (my maiden name) is NOT for the faint of heart. The faint of heart can wander to the couch, where Lady might be persuaded to cuddle.

Lady's Human
12-06-2006, 07:22 PM
To explain (or attempt to explain) this madhouse to the newbies:

Take your average streetcorner bar. Fill it with Pet Talkers, and a barkeep who has an amazing ability to come up with ANY ingredient you can name.

Take one monkey (Mario), a dog(Lady), and a little orange kitten (Who STILL doesn't have a name!), and throw them into the mix.

In the summertime, we have a cabana, but the Cabana boy is an Orc, and he hauls firewood for us in the winter. The remote control you see Mario playing with isn't for the TV, it's for Orc's electronic collar. With the exception of the times Mario has it with new batteries, the collar is completely humane, so no worries.

Add to the bar a L+F, which is basically a black hole that all sorts of odd material falls into. DO NOT , I repeat DO NOT go in there by yourself. Some people (Richard) have gone in there and not been heard from for weeks!

Admission and drinks cost one clean joke on entry.

Feel free to join in the chaos!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Count me in for hot cocoa and cookies!!! Mario come back here with the marshmallows!!! :D

DJFyrewolf36
12-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Heya! *peeks in* anyone have a hot chocolate? Its been too cold here lately. I'll take a cyber hug too...the past couple of months has been killer :(

Lady'sOtherHuman
12-06-2006, 08:12 PM
a little orange kitten (Who STILL doesn't have a name!)

Feel free to join in the chaos!

Hello and welcome to the newbies!

I say we should have some kind of contest here at Thursday's to get this little, orange kitten a name.

I'd love some of that hot cocoa please. Are the cookies done yet? What kind are they?

davidpizzica
12-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Okay, new folks. This cyber bar is open to everyone BUT ... to earn your admission, you need to tell one joke - keep it clean, as this is still Pet Talk!

Catland, I'll also brew a big pot of chai tea, with cinnamon and cardamom, and I'll start a big batch of cookie dough, too - warm cookies are good for cold fingers, don'tcha think? And a warm cookie is kinda like a hug, too!

Yes, Mario, you can help stir - BOTH paws on the spoon now ...

Lots of folks who need hugs, I'll give one to anyone who asks, but beware - a Peterson hug (my maiden name) is NOT for the faint of heart. The faint of heart can wander to the couch, where Lady might be persuaded to cuddle.
Karen, let me have a PETERSON hug for tomorrow! Maybe it'll cure my knee! I think I'll curl up on that big, soft couch by the fire and sip my cocoa.

Karen
12-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Karen, let me have a PETERSON hug for tomorrow! Maybe it'll cure my knee! I think I'll curl up on that big, soft couch by the fire and sip my cocoa.

It won't cure your knee, but it will give you the courage to get to the doctor, and as an aside, a little strength to bop him/her if they don't give you an answer!

Jen, it's a double batch of Tollhouse, some with and some without walnuts.

Lady'sOtherHuman
12-06-2006, 08:42 PM

Cool! I'll have some of each please, just what I need a chocolate over dose! mmmmmmm. Still warm and the chocolate chips are still nice and oooooey! :D

catland
12-06-2006, 09:43 PM
It won't cure your knee, but it will give you the courage to get to the doctor, and as an aside, a little strength to bop him/her if they don't give you an answer!

Walnuts? Did someone just say walnuts?

You won't believe this, but we actually have a non-cyber walnut tree in our back yard and I have bags and bags of dried walnuts. I just tasted one to see how they were and they are still nummy. So please feel free to use some of my Oregon walnuts in your cookies. That sounds like just the right combination.

For our newcomers - please don't feel intimidated by the joke requirement. It can be as simple as this....

What do you call an unemployed jester? ... Nobody's fool. :rolleyes:

RedHedd
12-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Well I just had to try this recipe from one of my online food boards - marshmallow filled exploding cinnamon buns!

MARSHMALLOW CINNAMON ROLLS
Dip big marshmallows in butter, roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture, wrap in Pillsbury crescent rolls like diaper. Pinch edges REAL WELL. Dip in butter, place in muffin tins. Bake until brown and the marshmallow is melted. Frost with powdered sugar glaze. Hint: when baking place cookie sheet under muffin tin in case marshmallows explode.

A couple of them did explode, but those are the ones that taste extra yummy! :D

I'll have a cuppa hot cocoa and I'm set for the evening!

Karen
12-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Walnuts? Did someone just say walnuts?

You won't believe this, but we actually have a non-cyber walnut tree in our back yard and I have bags and bags of dried walnuts. I just tasted one to see how they were and they are still nummy. So please feel free to use some of my Oregon walnuts in your cookies. That sounds like just the right combination.

For our newcomers - please don't feel intimidated by the joke requirement. It can be as simple as this....

What do you call an unemployed jester? ... Nobody's fool. :rolleyes:

Why, those were Oregon walnuts, now that I check the bag! ;)

Gosh, if yours are still in the shells, that's a job to keep Mario busy - anybody wanna supervise? Because I have a feeling we'll need to make up another batch of those cookies before the week's over!

And I'll even make some the way Ma liked 'em - with no (or few) chocolate chips, just walnuts. That one cookie, scraped from the dough left in the bowl, always was reserved for Ma, but this time, I'll make a whole tray of 'em.

trayi52
12-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Those Cookies and Hot Cocoa sounds yummy! I think I'd like some. It is so cold outside.

How is everybody tonight? Hope you are all doing okay. David, I hope your knee gets to feeling better. Maybe the Doctor will be able to help you. Please keep us updated.

Willie :)

gini
12-06-2006, 11:55 PM
I just stopped writing Christmas cards and thought I would drop by to see what is going on.

Well, first of all, I would love a cyber hug...........and then I can pass it on to the next person.

Chocolate chip cookies with WALNUTS! It always makes me nuts (forgive the pun) when people say they don't like nuts in cookies. Choco chip cookies just gotta have nuts in them.

Mario - isn't that cute - each one of your little fingers has a marshmallow on it. No - don't put them up your nose! Oh Mario, Santa is coming soon - and you had better be good - or no cherries in your stocking!

Sevaede
12-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Okay ladies and gents. How is this one..

A pirate walks into a bar and sits down next to a guy. The pirate has a wooden leg, a hook for a hand and a eye patch. The guy next to him looks at him and says "wow,you must of been throgh a lot of adventures,how did you get your wooden leg?" So the pirate says "Well I 'twas out at sea and fell into the water and a shark bit off me leg." "Wow!!!" "So how did you get that hook?" "Well" says the pirate,"it was a nasty sord fight with Black Screwy Joe,and he cut off me hand." "Interesting," said the man. "and your eye patch?" "Ahh," said the pirate "a bird pooped in me eye." "I don't understand," the man said. "Arr," said the pirate "it was me first day with the hook."

davidpizzica
12-07-2006, 04:46 AM
Wenisrubber, with that entrance joke you'll fit right in with this crowd! I'm cookng a fresh batch of hot chocolate and coffee for the morning people to drop in. Mario, don't you think that santa suit is a little TOO big?!

Killearn Kitties
12-07-2006, 05:19 AM
Oooo smells good, David. Could go some of that hot chocolate right now. After three magnificent bright sunny days, our rain is back this morning. Grey, grey and more grey! :rolleyes:

Happy Thursday everybody! Cyber hugs all round.

RICHARD
12-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Mario, Where did you get that scone?

Dainty napkins and finger sandwiches?

(the scent of tea gently wafts thru the room.....)

Fi Fi Fo Fum.....I smell cinnamon rolls by the TON!

------------------------

I miss a few Thrusdays and the place become a TEA ROOM, Nothing wrong with that...But this place has a reputation! ;)

Hi everyone....

Thank you for opening CL......

Hi new people...

Thursdays isn't a real place.....it's a concept!

------------

Before I forget...

A man walks into a bar and sits down...The patron hears a small voice that says, "Good Afternoon! Nice Suit!"

The parton THinking that the bartender is talking to him says, "Thanks!"

A few seconds later the same voice says, "Hey that's a nice tie!"

The patron notices that the bartender is at the other end of the room and talking to another guy, mumbles "thanks!" again.

Now really confused, the parton hear that voice say, "that is REALLY a nice shirt..."

The patron is looking around the bar when the bartender comes up to take his order.....The patron tells the bartender about the voice he has heard making comments about his attire.

The bartender, without missing a beat, tell the patron, "The voice? Those are the COMPLIMENTARY peanuts....."

Ba dump!

---------------

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Awwwwwwww, hot chocolate!!! Gimme one with extra whipped cream on top, please!!
Good jokes!!

Killearn Kitties
12-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Complimentary peanuts! I love it.

So can I have some brandy in my hot chocolate please. It is after 5 here!

RICHARD
12-07-2006, 11:08 AM
I forgot to take drink orders.

Karen,

That Peterson ug soiunds like a wrestling hold. Your spine is realigned and your ribs creak! :D

Catland,

I just brought some firewood to the back door, sit down and relax...let me!

WR, Hot Cocoa?

DONE!

Tam,

One HC... on the way!

DONE!

LH, Would you be interested in the Sergeant of Arms position here at Thurdays? It may be a RIR but you covered the description quite well?

Start with a Bailey's? and ???

DONE

Hi , DJ..

What about them "Hawks?

One HC? DONE!

HI LOH,

Cocoa and cookies? DONE!

David.

An HC and good vibe for your knee!

DONE!

Thanks Redd.
Thanks for saying they were Rolls, not Buns!

I was ogling them pretty heavily! :D :eek:

HI Tray!

One HC!
DONe!

H gini..
HC and warm cookies? DOne!

Hi KK....

What's this about a tornado in England?

:eek:

Yikes! hugs to everyone out there!

Want and HC?

DONE!

M&I and HC with some WC on the top?

DONE!

Killearn Kitties
12-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi KK....

What's this about a tornado in England?

Good heavens, you're right! I think I'll stay here. ;)

gini
12-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Hey, the barkeep got in early this morning - good to see you Richard.

Yup you turn your back and here we are having HIGH CHOCOLATE (as opposed to High Tea).

It's Mario's fault - you know how he gets................

RedHedd
12-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Hey, the barkeep got in early this morning - good to see you Richard.

Yup you turn your back and here we are having HIGH CHOCOLATE (as opposed to High Tea).

It's Mario's fault - you know how he gets................High chocolate? Now I'm curious! Pour me a cuppa .... oh yeah, I have to do work too. Should be interesting :D

catland
12-07-2006, 03:38 PM
You know what they say about High Chocolate....

What happens at Thursdays stays at Thursdays (until one of us posts it on PT) ;)

lizbud
12-07-2006, 05:05 PM
I would love to order a round of drinks for everyone tonight courtesy of
your truly. :)

Today I am celebrating 10 yrs of freedom from Breast Cancer. :D

catland
12-07-2006, 05:24 PM
LIZBUD - that's wonderful news :D :D :D

Lady's Human
12-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Now THAT's something to drink to, Liz! :D

Is there any Bailey's left?

Killearn Kitties
12-07-2006, 05:31 PM
CONGRATULATIONS LIZ!!!!! Champagne? :D

gini
12-07-2006, 05:46 PM
Liz, what fabulous news! No, let US buy YOU a drink! This is truly a wonderful event to celebrate with you.

LH - with Slick as a regular - we are NEVER out of Bailey's - bless her.

RedHedd
12-07-2006, 05:54 PM
I would love to order a round of drinks for everyone tonight courtesy of
your truly. :)

Today I am celebrating 10 yrs of freedom from Breast Cancer. :D
Congratulations! We have something in common - I celebrated 9 years on 11/18.

lizbud
12-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Congratulations! We have something in common - I celebrated 9 years on 11/18.

Well, congratulations to you as well. :D You know, I didn't even think
of the time gone bye until I was talking to another woman in the Breast
Cancer Center waiting room. and we were comparing dates of surgery.

Seems she & I were discovered and treated the same year. :)

Lady's Human
12-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Richard,

I'm a sergeant, and I have arms, BUT if you think I'm going to try to control THIS bunch you've got another think coming!

Keep the Bailey's coming!

Lady'sOtherHuman
12-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Now THAT's something to drink to, Liz! :D

Is there any Bailey's left?

That's a silly question of course there's Bailey's! With you around there has to be Bailey's or you start getting grouchy. I found another case behind the bar.

Congratulations Liz! That's great news. Look even Lady is happy.

Dorothy39
12-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Lizbud and Redhedd~ :cool: That is so AWESOME!!!! :D

Gini and I are paying your tab this Thursday ;)

Let's Celebrate everyone~

(Hoping Slick arrives with the Bailey's)

gini
12-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Dorothy, LOH found a case of it behind the bar that Slick brought.

Did LH drink all of it - he was asking for some. Geese, LH, nice guy!

Richard! Richard! LH isn't sharing!!!!!!

Lady's Human
12-07-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm Sharing! I'm just not sharing as much as Gini wants! :p

DJFyrewolf36
12-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Heya Richard, I'm not saying a DARN thing about them "hawks" until they come back from this weekends game with a big fat WIN! I have to root for them doubly this week because if they lose to the Cards I think my poor mom will have a heart attack.

Or at least need some sort of breathing treatments ;)

I'll take whatevers on tap (no no not YOU mario!)

I don't think Ive been properly introduced to Orc yet, my Thursdays attendence has been poor (that thing called "life" keeps interfearing with my time :p anyone else have this problem?) Hello, Mr. Orc, are you a nice Orc? All the orcs I've encountered over the years have tried to bludgon me with big sticks but I'm willing to base every encounter off of trust (so please keep the big sticks away from me :D)

Congrats ReddHedd and Lizbud!!! *big HUGS* the C word doesn't have to mean horrible things and life does go on, thanks so much for reminding us ALL of that! *HUGS again* Have a pair of drinks on me! (Mario, get BACK here with my wallet!)

Lady's Human
12-07-2006, 10:11 PM
DJF, you're poor attendance lately may require another joke.

Don't worry about Orc, the worst he's going to do is if Mario gets hold of his remote he'll break into a cross between break dancing and the jitterbug until the batts run out on the remote.

DJFyrewolf36
12-07-2006, 11:59 PM
DJF, you're poor attendance lately may require another joke.

Don't worry about Orc, the worst he's going to do is if Mario gets hold of his remote he'll break into a cross between break dancing and the jitterbug until the batts run out on the remote.

Oh ok...I have a couple of groaners for you all, courtesy of Ahajokes.com

One day there was a woman who lost her cat named "LOVE." It was pretty dark outside and she lived in New York. So, thinking that he might be down the street, she put on her house-coat and went looking for him.

When a police officer stopped to ask what she was doing, she said very honestly, "I'm looking for LOVE." The policeman arrested her on the spot.
(:D yeesh!)

Here are some of my favorite Laws of Cat Physics (complete list: CLICK HERE) (http://www.ahajokes.com/ani052.html)

Law of Cat Magnetism
All blue blazers and black sweaters attract cat hair in direct proportion to the darkness of the fabric.

Law of Cat Elongation
A cat can make her body long enough to reach just about any counter top that has anything remotely interesting on it.

Law of Random Comfort Seeking
A cat will always seek, and usually take over, the most comfortable spot in any given room.

Law of Cat Disinterest
A cat's interest level will vary in inverse proportion to the amount of effort a human expends in trying to interest him.

:D howz that for a re-entrance fee? ;)

Sevaede
12-08-2006, 01:16 AM
Heya Richard, I'm not saying a DARN thing about them "hawks" until they come back from this weekends game with a big fat WIN! I have to root for them doubly this week because if they lose to the Cards I think my poor mom will have a heart attack.

Or at least need some sort of breathing treatments ;)

I'll take whatevers on tap (no no not YOU mario!)

I don't think Ive been properly introduced to Orc yet, my Thursdays attendence has been poor (that thing called "life" keeps interfearing with my time :p anyone else have this problem?) Hello, Mr. Orc, are you a nice Orc? All the orcs I've encountered over the years have tried to bludgon me with big sticks but I'm willing to base every encounter off of trust (so please keep the big sticks away from me :D)

Congrats ReddHedd and Lizbud!!! *big HUGS* the C word doesn't have to mean horrible things and life does go on, thanks so much for reminding us ALL of that! *HUGS again* Have a pair of drinks on me! (Mario, get BACK here with my wallet!)

I know how you feel! My magely characters have gotten smacked by a few Orc (and Drow! Darn them!) in their time. :D

Here, here! Congrats Redhedd and Lizbud!

*spins in circles*

Oggyflute
12-08-2006, 03:53 AM
G'day all,
Maybe I'd better tell another 'admission' joke. :)

The Lone Ranger and Tonto are camping in the desert. They've set up their tent, and they have fallen asleep. Some hours later, The Lone Ranger wakes his faithful friend, saying "Tonto, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

Tonto replies, "I see millions of stars Kemo Sabi."
"What does that tell you?" asks The Lone Ranger.
Tonto ponders for a minute
"Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.
Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo.
Time-wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three.
Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all powerful and we are small and insignificant.
Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow.
What does it tell you, Kemo Sabi?"
The Lone Ranger is silent for a moment, then speaks.

"Tonto you idiot, someone has stolen our tent."
:D
Maybe a little shot of Baileys please? ;)

RICHARD
12-08-2006, 06:56 AM
:)
Good heavens, you're right! I think I'll stay here. ;)

If ya happen to see a cow, farm implements or a lady driveing a broom stick pass your window.....get a bucket of water and get yer "ruby reds' on..... :eek:

Done?

Gini,

High Chocolate? I think you mean CHOCOLATE MARTINI.. Do you think we can get Edwina's Secretary's to bring Don or the recipe?

Done? :D

Catland,

Who would believe us anyway? :)

LIz, Congrats!

You may be buying but what are YOU having?

DONE?

Everyone,
This round courtesy of the smiling lady over there!

LH,

I don't blame you for not wanting to even try!

One Bailey's done!

Speaking of batteries, Last time I went to the Large Chain Hardware Store
I bought a package of 36 AA batteries......

Now I have abour 10 things that require AAA batteries.... :eek:

WR,
One Bailey's?

DONE!

Hi Oggy....
LOng time!!!
You get one shot of Bailey's !!

Done!

And for my next politcally incorrect funny, Long Ranger and Tonto joke...

The LR and Tonto are trapped on a small hill by hundreds of screaming Inidans looking to kill them.

The Lone Ranger screams at Tonto,

"Tonto, We are trapped on this hill....It's only a matter of time before we run out of bullets and we are killed what are we going to do???"

Tonto tuns slowly and looks at the LR and says...

"what do you mean by WE, White Man?"

I know, I know.......I heard that joke years ago.....

LOH,

Careful......We do need a 'stock room person' around here!
Only because I can never find my glasses and am too busy trying to figure out why I have a 'Hole in the ground' on my back side!

Mario, is that your idea of a joke!

Dorothy,

Do me a favor...can you put on this black and white striped shirt and see what is going on at Gini and LH's table?

PLEASE?

I was going to suggest some kind of game, like arm wrestling, to settle that, but sinve the Sergeant HAS Arms.....it would seem a bit unfair, eh? :D

DJ,
Spoken as a true fan! :eek:

Lady'sOtherHuman
12-08-2006, 08:07 AM
I'm Sharing! I'm just not sharing as much as Gini wants! :p

Now, now play nice or else I will have Orc separate you two! Ugh! LH you cannot hoard the whole case of Bailey's you can take one bottle and leave the rest behind the bar where it belongs.

I need a cookie and some hot cocoa ;)

Orc let's get this fire going. It's very chilly in here.

Lady'sOtherHuman
12-08-2006, 08:27 AM
LOH,

Careful......We do need a 'stock room person' around here!
Only because I can never find my glasses and am too busy trying to figure out why I have a 'Hole in the ground' on my back side!

I don't know if I would want that job. It doesn't require going into the L+F does it? :eek:

RICHARD
12-08-2006, 02:33 PM
I don't know if I would want that job. It doesn't require going into the L+F does it? :eek:

Naw, that's why I am here...

Fire and Chocolate, DONE!

davidpizzica
12-08-2006, 04:31 PM
RICHARD, I'll sacrifice myself and become the thursdays stock-up man. I can have Orc as a bodyguard if I need to make a journey into the unknown L & F!

gini
12-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Oh no, David - don't go near the L&F. I heard some really strange noises coming out of there earlier this morning. And even now - don't you hear those tinkling of bells followed by a loud CLUMP!!!

Barkeep - how about a nice tall rum and coke with a generous slice of lime to tame this Friday afternoon of work!!

Killearn Kitties
12-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Are Santa and his reindeers in the Lost & Found? :eek:

It's late on a Friday night and I seem to have a cold coming on. How about a nice hot toddy to help me sleep?

RedHedd
12-08-2006, 07:00 PM
How about a nice hot toddy to help me sleep? Oh Wow! Is Toddy here too? Yes, he does look hot! :p He should help you feel better in NO time! :D

TamanduaGirl
12-08-2006, 07:56 PM
oh I almost missed my cocoa well I found a suitable joke
Why doesn't an anteater ever get sick? Because it's filled with anty-bodies.

Lady's Human
12-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Let me be the first to say BOOOOOOOOOOOO....Hisssss :p

Welcome....you should fit right in!

gini
12-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Ah, no - give that girl a huge hot cup of cocoa with whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top!!

(anty bodies - groan)

Dorothy39
12-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Dorothy,

Do me a favor...can you put on this black and white striped shirt and see what is going on at Gini and LH's table?

PLEASE?

I was going to suggest some kind of game, like arm wrestling, to settle that, but sinve the Sergeant HAS Arms.....it would seem a bit unfair, eh? :D

[/QUOTE]

Will Do Richard ( hope it's not too large :rolleyes: ) I always have a bucket of water handy, and, of course, I wear those Ruby Slippers at all times ;) ( wanders over to Gini and LH~)

DONE!!! ;)

TamanduaGirl
12-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Ah, no - give that girl a huge hot cup of cocoa with whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top!!

(anty bodies - groan)

Keeping me busy so I don't tell any more?

Oh and is my sig to tall? I could maybe try them all side by side instead, for scrolling ease.

Ah whipcream can't resist *slurp*

Karen
12-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I PM'd you about your signature graphic, thanks for asking. Just finished a mug of hot chocolate, this is the coldest night we've had in these parts for a long time.

Okay, anybody wanna wrestle the bag of marshmallows away from Mario?

DJFyrewolf36
12-09-2006, 03:41 AM
I would get the marshmellows from Mario, but he looks so darn cute cuddling with them!

Anty-bodies....groan lmao :D

davidpizzica
12-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Are Santa and his reindeers in the Lost & Found? :eek:

It's late on a Friday night and I seem to have a cold coming on. How about a nice hot toddy to help me sleep?
Karen, you're right! I thought I heard the faint echo of a "ho ho ho!" from there!

Lady's Human
12-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Dorothy, Richard, we weren't having a fight over the bailey's, just a friendly discussion!

No need for a Ref, there's plenty for both of us (The rest of the bar, welll............sorry guys)

Now, would someone please tell Orc it's Okay over here?

catland
12-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Mario - please don't spit marshmallows at people. What will our newcomers think of such naughty behaviour?

gini
12-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Mario - aren't you cute? Slinging marshmallows at LH. Well, he drank ALL of the Bailey's again - so now I have to wake Slick up early and ask her to make some more.

But the hot chocolate with anty-bodies (hee hee) is sure good.

TamanduaGirl
12-09-2006, 12:33 PM
TThos are anty-bodies? I thought those were little chocolae sprinkles.

RICHARD
12-09-2006, 01:41 PM
RICHARD, I'll sacrifice myself and become the thursdays stock-up man. I can have Orc as a bodyguard if I need to make a journey into the unknown L & F!

Dude,
Glad to hear about your "no sir-jury" news....

I think we can trust the Orc! :D
Let me buy you a HC....DONE!

Gini,

Rum and coke, heavy lime! and an easy Friday afternoon!

and you hot chocolater chaser!

done!

KK,

One Toddy, Done!

Take a load off by sitting by the fire...

RH,

Toddy? And a cinnamon roll.

DONE!

TG,
I love jokes like that....here's a drink.....We haven't had an "open mike comedy night" in a while......Hmmmmmm...

DONe?

LH,
Come on.,....cut the rookie some slack! :D

Karen,,,Some Chai tea?

I have apologize to for nixing the Tea Room Idea!! After all I am a squatter here on PT...

Thanks D39...

We'll keep you in reserve for wnother event that need officials!

Lh, Gini....
Hokay, we'll have to wait for the Slickser....I know she went back to work this week,.....I hope she's doing OK!

Catland, that's not spit on those mallows...it's whipper crem

Dorothy39
12-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Dorothy, Richard, we weren't having a fight over the bailey's, just a friendly discussion!

Now, would someone please tell Orc it's Okay over here?

Orc has been filled in on the situation~Afterall, He is a "trusted" patron~ davidp , (laughes and sets pail of water aside for Wicked Witches Only :p )

Chi Tea does sound good to me right now~I'll just hang up this striped shirt in the Wardrobe department~ Hey, Do I get a Whistle too? Gee!!!! :eek:

Hey Look, Here comes Slick with more Baileys!!!

TamanduaGirl
12-09-2006, 03:55 PM
*looks at microphone* hmm well..

How does a bird get wings?
http://www.daviddeen.com/imprint/issue8/brawlnov01_cat.jpg
First he gets real quite and sneaks up on the bird....

*sips drink*

When do anteaters have eight legs?
When there's two of them.

Two anteaters watched in amazement as a shooting star flashed across the sky.
1st anteater: Wow! I wish I could fly like that.
2nd anteater: You would, if your tail was on fire.

Customer: Could I have a pound of ants for my anteater please?
Pet Shop Owner: I'm sorry, we don't do exchanges.

Slips into the crowd with my drink before more booing starts.

RedHedd
12-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Hello all! I NEED a cuppa that hot chocolate with the sprinkles and whipped cream on top. Just got home from braving the malls - or is that mauls? I sure FEEL mauled! Yikes! No Mario, don't squish the marshmallows. I need them to make more of those cinnamon thingies :D

Petco was the most fun - it REALLY is where the pets go. I was in line in front of a tiny baby pit bull - they're SO cute when they're that tiny. The doxies, poodles and French bulls running around made it so festive and fun.

Dorothy39
12-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Hello all! I NEED a cuppa that hot chocolate with the sprinkles and whipped cream on top. Just got home from braving the malls - or is that mauls? I sure FEEL mauled! Yikes!

Yikes indeed Redhedd~ Those Maul Memories ( haven't been to the Malls yet :eek: )

Here, sit down and rest your feet ( hands Redhedd a cup of Hot Chocolate, just the way she wants it)

Now, You were saying something about Petco~ :p

VTJess03
12-09-2006, 07:40 PM
If y'all have found the Bailey's, would you pour me an Irish Coffee, please?

I'm finally back from WV...been working on the road for about a month and a half. Celebrating a promotion at work, being home, and finalization of my divorce :D . Hmmm, never told my joke (didn't know about that rule, I guess).

Congrats to the cancer survivors!

What did the fish say when it hit the concrete wall?

"dam"

Lady's Human
12-09-2006, 08:12 PM
I SUPPOSE I'll share the Irish.... :p (Otherwise Orc will thump me)

One Irish Coffee...DONE!

cyber-sibes
12-09-2006, 09:08 PM
:eek: my gosh! I 'm just noticing this new episode at Thursdays....last time I checked in I think it was Thanksgiving??? I really have to get back here more often. Any more hot chocolate with anty-bodies? (I love it!) I need a double, and a cyber-hug or two. Just got back- met my son and his "new fiance" (sp?) and took them to a nice dinner. I'm not ready for this, but at least I didn't go put my foot in my mouth like the first time I met her. (This was only the second time). Kids. *shakes head* .
Oh, and congratulations to lizbud & reddhead - that's quite a milestone! Gee it's crowded in here tonight. :)

*edit - I just checked up on how to spell fiance, and learned that in Czech, "fiance" is "snoubenec".

TamanduaGirl
12-09-2006, 10:00 PM
why don't anteaters french kiss?

Cuz they get tongue tied :D

made that one up all by myself too

Dorothy39
12-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Cyber_sibes, I often learn something *new* at the cyber bar~

"snoubenec" is "fiance"~ In Czech :cool:

It's pretty noisy in here tonite, but, Hey, I thrive on NOISE :D I LOVE a room full of friendly people.
"
"You're darned good with the anteater jokes Tamanduagirl ~ (You got me to giggling anyways :D )

Cheers to Lizbud and reddhead !!!! Standing Ovation !!!( crowd is cheering)

I'll take an Irish Coffee before I leave ~

RedHedd
12-09-2006, 10:25 PM
No standing for me - my feet still hurt from my shopping adventures! :D but this fire sure does feel good. A little more whipped cream on the hot chocolate and I'm set. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh, yeah, Petco. The M's needed some cat grass. I'm really looking for one of those Chia Pet cat grass thingies that I keep seeing on TV. I know the fur kids would love that, but they didn't have them. What the heck is different in Petco cat grass vs. the organic wheat grass I get at the grocery store? Why do they charge about $4 more and the container is smaller? I was also looking for one of those cat spas, but they didn't have them, but the Internet does. So Xmas shopping for the "kids" is done. :cool:

TamanduaGirl
12-10-2006, 04:40 PM
thank you Dorothy39

and there is really nothing different between the grasses if they are both wheat grass.

RedHedd
12-10-2006, 05:48 PM
and there is really nothing different between the grasses if they are both wheat grass. Except the price! :eek:

lizbud
12-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Hi all :) May I have an Irish coffee please. It's been a long day, a good
one, just long and busy. :) I'd love to sit by the fire a bit.

Lady's Human
12-10-2006, 06:23 PM
What is it with all these people wanting into my stash of Irish! :eek: :rolleyes:

Well, I suppose I'll share with someone else.

One Irish (grudgingly :p ) DONE!

RICHARD
12-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Hi everyone.

Santa is coming to visit this week.....His rocking chair is next to the tree....
Feel free to come in and sit on his lap and have a picture taken..

I feel like mojitos today.....

3 tbs.Sugar
Mint leaves
1.5 oz. Rum
Ice and lime

Crush mint leaves and sugar in glass
Add rum, sliced lime and ice.

DONE!