PDA

View Full Version : Resume help.....

CatLuvrs
12-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Isn't there a place online you can type one and save it? I have my dad's computer until mine comes back (it has been gone for a month now) and he has not one thing to make any kind of resume or letter on. Thanks for all of your help you all are keeping me sane.

Michelle

lizbud
12-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Your computer has windows right? I guess I thought that all that
software came with windows.

CatLuvrs
12-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Your computer has windows right? I guess I thought that all that
software came with windows.

Yep has windows XP and doesn't have anything on here. :confused:

wolflady
12-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Michelle, you can develop a resume on monster.com. :) Create an account (it's free) and then you can walk through the resume creation process right there in monster. The beauty of that is, once you create a resume, employers will immediately be able to see it.

Good luck!

**hugs**

Blue_Frog
12-06-2006, 05:18 PM
If you wanted a web-based document/spreadsheet tool, google labs actually has one in Beta that you could try

You can make documents and spreadsheets without the word processor being on the computer, and then go to any computer and the file will be there for you online :)

http://docs.google.com

Also, you need a Google account, but you can create one there (or if you have a gmail account that works too) :)

Good luck with the job hunt!

CatLuvrs
12-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Thank you.....I didn't even think of them.....DUH!

Pembroke_Corgi
12-06-2006, 06:12 PM
You can also download Open Office, which has a free word processing program. It's pretty similar to Microsoft Word. You can even save files as a .doc file (MS Word's format).

CatLuvrs
12-06-2006, 06:25 PM
You can also download Open Office, which has a free word processing program. It's pretty similar to Microsoft Word. You can even save files as a .doc file (MS Word's format).

Where do you download that at?

Pembroke_Corgi
12-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Where do you download that at?
http://www.openoffice.org/ :)