PDA

View Full Version : lexie is still concerning me....

carole
12-06-2006, 02:26 PM
I just have to share my worries, as i know I will get great advice and support from you all, Lexie has not taken a turn for the worse, but neither has she improved much, she is off her food, which is a first for her, but eating enough all the same, she is more keen on the royal canin,but i have had to offer her chef wet food, as she likes that and has eaten that, this of course is not the idea, we have to slowly get her on those biscuits permanently, but for now i think it is important that she eats,drinking is fine, still no poop yesterday and nothing so far today, but it is early only 9.22 am here , I am worried she might be constipated again, i do have five ml left of the parafin oil so if nothing today will give her that, she has one day left of her antibots,i would put her lack of appetite down to those, but when she was on them a week ago ,she seemed the opposite, more hungry.

I just cannot believe all of this has happened to her because of that dam hills science diet, she was ok until i introduced those to her, i am thinking it is her anal gland problem, as she has had that once before and being constipated can aggravate them from what i read,she was scooting and licking alot, her rear end still looks not normal, like she has a small haemorrhoid,but i am sure it is not, it does not look abcessed or anything like that,just a small blackish protrusion,gosh i am so worried about my wee girl, i just love her so much, i feel so bad this is happening to her,just not fair,any suggestions or help much appreciated, once the antibots are finished if no improvement i am taking her to the vet on saturday.

catmandu
12-06-2006, 05:00 PM
We are sorry taht Lexie is still having troubles.
Its hard to believe that its the Science Diet, but you may have a rare Cat who cant tolerate the ingredients.
I would try some Royal Canin or Nutrience, they usually have free samples at the big Pet Food Stores.
The best of luck , and prayers for Dear Lexie.

carole
12-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Gary i have changed her to Royal Canin, of course she is only getting 20grms of that and 40 of her old for five days, then half and half until ten days, then she needs to be on full diet, no free samples, as she has to have So and it is only available at the vets, well it could be pure concidence,, but i really doubt it, Lexie has never had constipation before and no problems, i do blame the science diet, pure poison for my lexie. :( getting constipated has it appears caused some other problems now,so she is not the usual happy princess she normally is,but she is still active enough,well activity not being high on her priority list lol, and she is not desperately ill or anything, just not her normal self.

Catty1
12-06-2006, 10:04 PM
So...has she been switched to something besides Hills? My boys are on Royal Canin SO.

There is usually a wet version of the food too...would some of that help? Add some pumpkin to her diet?

HUGS to Lexie...

carole
12-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Yes she is on the Royal Canin SO, but of course only a little at this stage, good news she did her business and all was ok, so that is a relief,just have to hope she continues to improve, good thing is she seems to prefer her new biscuits over her old ones.

Here is a pic of my wee girl, in my daughter's room, she is still looking her pretty self in these pics,love that wee girl so much.