PDA

View Full Version : Dog biting

sumbirdy
12-06-2006, 01:59 PM
I can't seem to get Novie to stop biting my legs everytime I walk. He bites me really hard and it hurts. I know that he's not meaning to hurt me and that he just wants to play but it's hard to walk around him and it's really annoying. I've tried everything I can think of. I sprayed him in the face with water (he just stood there, looked at me for a second, and did it again.) I shook noisy things at him, he wouldn't stop. I yelled NO really loud at him, still he wouldn't stop. I don't want him doing this to my nephew when he learns to walk because I know it will hurt him a lot worse than it hurts me. Dad said that if he keeps doing this we are going to have to get rid of him because someone could get seriously hurt. Can anyone help me?

borzoimom
12-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Have you tried a prat fall? PIck the good time to do this like walking in a hallway. When he bites at your leg, fake a fall smacking the wall with your hands. The trick is to let him think his biting suddenly made a huge noise, with lots of no's. Also- ignore him after you do it. No consoling- you are " flat out irratated".. no eye contact of reassurance etc. I had a shepherd that was so bad, I even raised my lips like a growl ... He left my legs alone after that.. Another one is to stomp your feet... ( dont step on his paws..)
** or- stop and make him sit.. Wait like count to 10.. release him and start to walk, if he does it again- stop make him sit.. Pretty soon he will figure out he is getting no where with this..

sumbirdy
12-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Nothing seems to be working...I'm hoping that this is just puppy behavior and that he will grow out of it.