PDA

View Full Version : What I like about Christmas?

RICHARD
12-06-2006, 12:11 PM
There are alot of things i don't like about Christmas...shopping, the lines, people being jerks during thte time of year when everyone should be NICE....

The things I love about Christmas?

The smell of a fireplace!
Staying up late and watching old B&W movies.
Bowl games!
Hot drinks!
Cars with wreaths on the grills
Home made cookies!
Those round hard peppermint candies. They remind me of my dad!

lvpets2002
12-06-2006, 12:22 PM
:) Well Richard you pretty much summed it up for me too.. ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Oh yes!!! And the smell of candles all over the livingroom :)

catnapper
12-06-2006, 01:28 PM
What do I love about Christmas? Everything!

I love how people become children again.
I love how people stop, if even for one moment, to think about what really matters in life
I love all the sappy, overly sentimental movies and TV specials
I love the idea of a White Christmas, and yes, I have already checked the 20 day forecast in hopes we'll have one (we won't)
I love all the Christmas lights as you drive down the street
I love receiving a surpise Christmas card in the mail from someone I haven't thought of in a while
I love the smell of a mulberry candle (you just can't burn them all year long -- its illegal or something ;)
I love how everything seems possible if only you believe! :)

elizabethann
12-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Cars with wreaths on the grills

Speaking of cars with wreaths on the grill. Have you seen the new thing? There are cars around here with a big red nose on the grill and in the windows of both the driver & pasenger side, there are antlers. So everybody is driving around in reindeer cars/trucks/suvs.

They sell the kits at the Xmas Tree Shop. They're kind of cute actually. :D

And no, I don't have one.

cyber-sibes
12-06-2006, 02:30 PM
I love....

...Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose....
...I'm dreaming of a White Christmas.....
...Fa la la la laaaaa, la la la la!
The MUSIC of Christmas, both religious & popular.
When I hear these songs, I just feel Christmassy, any time of year.

Getting cards & phone calls from friends & relatives. (I hit the motherload of cards this year with the PT cardswap! ;) )

The food! I love bakng the same Christmas cookie favorites that my mom did - makes me feel still connected. Makes the house smells so good!

Sitting up watching old movies with the Christmas tree lights on. Ahhh, cup of hot cocoa, anyone?

lvpets2002
12-06-2006, 02:48 PM
:eek: For real = car with a nose & antlers.. Hey I am going to look for Cat Ears & Nose for my car.. :D

Pembroke_Corgi
12-06-2006, 06:15 PM
My absolute favorite thing about Christmas is getting time off to spend with friends and family!

I also love to Christmas shop, especially for kids, it's fun to pick out what toys they would enjoy. And baking cookies, then frosting them! :D

Dorothy39
12-06-2006, 06:29 PM
The things I love about Christmas?

The smell of sticky Pine sap on your hands from handling the tree :D

Hot cider , while watching A Christmas Carol- or any old Balck and White Christmas Movie.

Receiving Cards in the mail~ Pet Talk was my Mother Lode this year too!!! :p

Seeing the lively faces of the Children

Hearing the sound of "Bells" ringing on a snowy day.

The Homemade Cookies , of course. and, the smell of oranges!!!

Shiny Brite Tree ornaments from the 40's and 50's

lizbud
12-06-2006, 06:56 PM
I love all the usual Christmas music & decorations of course, but I really love
it when both my children are in the same room at the time. :D I love spending
a day with my whole family, from my immediate family ,to all the cousins,
aunts & uncles, nieces & nephews. :)

KYS
12-06-2006, 08:22 PM
I love the Holiday music!
I was humming Christmas songs most of the day at work. :D

slick
12-06-2006, 11:07 PM
You know, up until about 5 years ago Christmas used to be very depressing for me. I didn't enjoy "family", I had no friends to speak of, and I was very lonely. I really don't know how it got started or how that period ended but I love everything about Christmas now.

Even though I live alone, I still put up some outside lights, have a 6' artificial Christmas tree with about 600 lights and lots of decorations (takes me two days to complete... :rolleyes: ) and put lots of Christmas decorations around the condo. My tree and outside lights go up at the end of November and come down the end January. :cool: Yeah, neighbours tease me all the time.

Christmas is the one time of year that everyone can become a child again and see the magic through their eyes. Yes, magic...that's what I love most about Christmas.

I believe!!

jackmilliesmom
12-07-2006, 05:05 AM
What I love about Christmas is the anticipation and especially the child's anticipation of did I get what I wanted.

the smell of cloves stuck in oranges
the taste of the cake
the smiling faces when opening presents
the old movies
the new movies
the fire
the rug
a white christmas (had my first white christmas in years two years ago when we moved into our first house {Still there} woke up to snow on Christmas morning what a treat that was)
Christmas lights and decorations
My dogs tearing open their presents
going to gran's house for our yearly tradition........

Barbara
12-08-2006, 05:12 AM
In addition to all that: Christmas markets where you stand with your friends and have mulled wine with spices-something you can have here quite a bit ;)

Pam
12-08-2006, 05:39 AM
First of all I like/love *The Reason for the Season.* The very idea that Christ came to earth to be born in human form as a baby to live among us and show us the way and bring us salvation. :)

Secondly I love the music and the decorations. I have been playing Christmas CD's in my car since Thanksgiving. :) Yesterday I visited my mom at the nursing home where she lives. Though the trees had gone up earlier, the staff was literally *decking the halls* with garland, etc. Even in a facility where people are sick and dying and it can be depressing, just seeing those decorations lifted my spirits.

Lastly I love being with family. Of course I love being with family any day of the year but there is something special about being with those you love on such a special day. :)