PDA

View Full Version : Fingers Crossed Everyone! Please!

catnapper
12-06-2006, 11:43 AM
I have my resume sent out to many, many places. I missed a phone call from one of the companies that I really want to work for while I was out this morning taking my youngest to the doctor (she has strep throat -- what else is new around here? :rolleyes: ). I returned the call at 12:15, which was most likely his lunch break, so now I'm waiting not-so-patiently for him to return my call.

Please, please, pray that I get an interview and hopefully a job at this company!!! It would be a definate pay raise (anything is more money than I'm making now!:p) Its an international company and you all would know the name if I mentioned it. From what I hear, they treat their employees very well.

I would love nothing more than to have a job by Christmas. Even if they didn't have me start til the new year, I would be happy just knowing a job with a steady income was just around the corner.

I feel like jumping for joy. This is gonna drive me crazy until I hear back from him, then it'll drive me crazy preparing for the interview.

Sonia59
12-06-2006, 11:48 AM
I hope this works for you. It will be a great Christmas present :)
Paws and fingers are crossed ;)

borzoimom
12-06-2006, 11:48 AM
Good luck!!! And prayers sent!

catnapper
12-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Well the guy called me back. He said he likes my resume and my background, and that he's passing everything on to the hiring manager (I got stuck at this place a few weeks ago with another company and have not heard back :()

I hope he didn't find me too "bubbly" I was just about jumping out of my skin so I know I sounded a bit perkier than normal. Sigh... still keeping my fingers crossed.

He said if the hiring manager likes what he sees, I should hear something in about a week. A whole week?!?!? Ugh, I'm, gonna die in that week! LOL

Killearn Kitties
12-06-2006, 12:07 PM
I will keep my fingers crossed for you all week! :D I hope you hear back soon.

Donnaj4962
12-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Fingers crossed and sending prayers that this works out for you! A new job.... a Christmas present that doesn't even need tobe wrapped!!!! Wouldn't that make this the best end to 2006 and nothng but better for you and your family in 2007!

Keep us posted.

catlover4ever
12-06-2006, 12:58 PM
I have my fingers and toes crossed for you and when I get home I will be sure to cross all the toes on the kitties as well.

Kim, if you don't hear back from then in a week, call them back....by doing this you show good interest in the job.

Good luck, I will be thinking and praying for you.

Pembroke_Corgi
12-06-2006, 06:33 PM
I've got my fingers crossed for you! I hope you hear back soon, and get an interview.

Companies like to take forever with stuff like that....I hate waiting too!

CatLuvrs
12-06-2006, 06:45 PM
I have my fingers crossed for you! I hope they call you soon!

moosmom
12-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Kim,

Stop being so negative. OBVIOUSLY they like what they see. If they didn't like "bubbly", you wouldn't have heard anything from them. Keep after them. Being pushy CAN be a good thing sometimes.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((HUGS)))))

Donna

ramanth
12-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Fingers and paws crossed! :D

kimlovescats
12-07-2006, 10:50 AM
I just said a prayer for you, Kim! Good luck!

Kim ;)

jenluckenbach
12-07-2006, 04:42 PM
I don't get it, they call you to tell you that they "will call you in a week??" :confused: What kind of game is that? :rolleyes:

Well, I don't know how I will work or type, but I will keep my fingers crossed until we hear from them. :D

K9karen
12-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Kim...keeping fingers crossed. Been there with the 1st call then the we'll re-call you back. At least they had the decency to call you and let you know they liked it! I think that says alot about the company. That's really good business, as silly as it sounds. (except for waiting with bated breath)