PDA

View Full Version : Isn't technology amazing?

Karen
12-06-2006, 10:36 AM
If you go to the CNN homepage right now, you can click on a link that downloads the entire Iraq Study Group Report. You can read it yourself - no need to take anyone else's "spin" on it, or try to figure out the truth by listening to opposing "spin doctors" - with one click, you have the whole thing!

And I am sure it is on other websites, too.

RICHARD
12-07-2006, 11:10 AM
I was wondering about that...

It's great that the gov't. can give the masses info like that at no charge!
Thanks!

lvpets2002
12-07-2006, 11:21 AM
:) Oh yes isn't thow.. I try not too spin too much on this & or be too politicaly inclinded.. However I just love the Head Lines = U.S. Troops Using Silly String to Detect Trip-Wired Bombs in Irag.. I find this a very good & true logic..

Lady's Human
12-08-2006, 10:45 AM
And how much did we pay for this load of ..............

I t would be a really nice idea, there's only one problem........Iran and Syria, whose compliance would be required to get any piece of this to work, aren't exactly our friends, never have been, and never will be.

lvpets2002
12-08-2006, 11:30 AM
:) Thank you Well Put!!

I t would be a really nice idea, there's only one problem........Iran and Syria, whose compliance would be required to get any piece of this to work, aren't exactly our friends, never have been, and never will be.

Karen
12-08-2006, 11:43 AM

I haven't read the whole thing yet, so don't know how much of a part of it that is - the report is 100+ pages long.

But whether or not they are our friends, wouldn't it be in their own best interest to have a stable Iraq of some sort?

Lady's Human
12-08-2006, 12:20 PM
No, Iran has been trying to rebuild the persian empire for 20+ years (this time around) and an unstable Iraq that they can then move in and control would greatly benefit their ambitions.

BTW, didn't anyone even EDIT that damned thing?

lvpets2002
12-08-2006, 02:30 PM
:) Correct me if I am seeing this wrong = Butttt: if you have 10% with good intentions of ambitions in Iraq && 90% without amitions [for only to kill] == then where does that leave them.. The way I see it is the most Iraq's with ambitions are over here in the USA..

RICHARD
12-08-2006, 02:54 PM
If I can make a very sexist statement and observation.

The governments in the Mid East only understand the "my thing is bigger"
way of dealing.

They bargain face to face but never with any promise of carrying out with the agreement.

When the fit hits the shan, they put their palms up and say, "I don't have any contol over my people!"

A strong reponse in Iraq was to have taken care of the Saddam-ster in '91
when we have the help and the attention of the Coalition.
And it shold have been expalined this way.

"Look, we don't like this shiat, and we will help if you need it....but as the big Kahuna we are gonna decide who stays and who goes", in that same vein that
they deal with us...A little hard-assedness, tempered with some slack, never lost a war.

If we look at the basic problem of Iraq it's OK to kill each other one bomb blast at a time.....but not OK to patrol, try to keep the peace and repair the infrastructure...

What are we doing wrong? :rolleyes:

lizbud
12-08-2006, 05:01 PM

Since the study group was composed of retired or non serving officials.
I don't think it cost us anything.They were asked to serve and they did.

LH, if you only talk to your friends, you will never know the whole truth
about any issue. That's part of the problem right now, Bush only wants to
hear from people who agree with him.

Lady's Human
12-08-2006, 06:28 PM
The problem with asking Iran and Syria for assistance is simple. Iran (and Syria by proxy) have no interest in a stable Iraq. They both have a great desire to see Iraq fail as a state, so Iran can take another step in the re-creation of the Persian Empire. The failure of Iraq coupled with an Iranian power grab would also result in Iran's ability to attack Israel directly, as it would give Iran a direct assault path into Israel.

lizbud
12-09-2006, 09:34 AM
The problem with asking Iran and Syria for assistance is simple. Iran (and Syria by proxy) have no interest in a stable Iraq. They both have a great desire to see Iraq fail as a state, so Iran can take another step in the re-creation of the Persian Empire. The failure of Iraq coupled with an Iranian power grab would also result in Iran's ability to attack Israel directly, as it would give Iran a direct assault path into Israel.

The USA is not asking for assistance in the traditional sense of the word.
Both countries would be invited to send representatives to meetings of all
other countries involved in the area. Also Iran & Syria are not the best of
buddies that you would think they are.

Lady's Human
12-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Liz, they may not be best buds, but Iran and Syria both back Hezbollah, Syria allows hezbollah territory to train in, Iran gives hezbollah money and arms.

They would both love to see Israel eliminated from the map.

They are both sending money and arms to the insurgency in Iraq, and want nothing to do with a stable Iraq. Asking for their assistance in solving the problem is pointless, as neither has an interest in a solution.