PDA

View Full Version : Who do I call/contact for spay?

emilysgk
12-05-2006, 02:20 PM
I dont know of any resources around here for getting a cat spayed. I just went through thinking she was pregnant, and my conclusion at the moment is that she more likely is not. Which is really good of course. Problem is she has no sign of heat still, so maybe she is and just starting acting that way really early. I know they still can get it done if early in the pg. Right now though we have no job what so ever. Not since mid October, I have had to go to a food bank and all that for us. Luckily she dont eat much so she is still eating well and I can afford that. We have a few job leads, but no promises yet. So what can I do? I try to keep her in and she dont try to get out so much lately. But if she wants out she is like a bullet out the door. Also though, what if she is pregnant? This is so hard to call and I dont want to contribute to over population. She has hair loss around her nipples and she is eating and drinkig more than her usual, no big belly, and the nipples are still somewhat inverted?

rosethecopycat
12-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Try the local SPCA, low cost spay and neuter program.
They can spay in heat or when pregnant.

Good luck, thanks for wanting to spay her, it will make everyone more happy and healthy.

:)

lvpets2002
12-05-2006, 04:01 PM
:) I know here about once a month or two the Vet's run a special for spaying & it like real cheap.. So you might check with them.. Good Luck..

heidiv
12-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Humane Societies around Wisconsin run Spay and Neuter clinics for a lower cost. Watch your local papers....

catmandu
12-05-2006, 06:29 PM
One thing I did when I was unemployed was to go into the Pet Food Stores and take the free sample bags they had on display there.
I wasnt greedy, and tried to rotate the stores as much as possible.
I think thats why the Found Cats are not fussy, as they would have different foods every day.
Call the Cat Food Companies and watch the Flyers for deal, thats how I feed All The Found Cats on a fixed income.

Freedom
12-05-2006, 07:15 PM
In my area, the vets have info on the low cost spay / neuter programs. So you could start with calling a few of them.

AbbyMom
12-05-2006, 09:49 PM
How far away are you from Chicago? The Lurie Family Clinic is having free spay/neuter days until 12/30. This is their announcement:

PAWS Chicago will be providing "Free Spay / Neuter for Cats" from
November 28th through December 30th.

This is a great opportunity for you to work with friends, neighbors, or
individuals you know who haven't had their cats sterilized due to the
cost of this service. Please call 773.521.7729 to make an appointment.
The Lurie Family Spay / Neuter Clinic is open on Tuesday, Wednesday,
Thursday, & Sunday.

These offices are located near Midway airport. Here is their web site:

http://www.pawschicago.org/SpayNeuter/sn_main.htm

You drop them off in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. If you can swing the gasoline for the trip, it could work!

emilysgk
12-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Well so far, just doing internet searches, most places are too far from me. I love in the Flint, MI area. All I find are mostly all extreme south or west of me, and a few north... Which would cost me too much in gas. We have no savings or anything. We just put our last bit of money in the gas tank. :( I dont see me being able to do this for probably a month or two, unfortuatly if she is already pg then we wont be able to do anything about it. I couldnt get into my local humane socety website. I cant find the number in the phone book, so hopefully they get it up and running soon. Last I remember hearing they only did the contracts with pets adopted from them, or if you bring a litter in. Thats why I didnt try them. Maybe it has changed. Even if she were to have a litter, i would rather try to place them on my own than fill up the shelter more. Its really driving me crazy trying to figure out if she is or not, one day I think not, the next I do... :confused:

Karen
12-05-2006, 11:42 PM
Citizens for Animal Rescue and Emergencies (CARE)
PO Box 493
Flint, MI 48501-0493
810 239 3567
Email: [email protected]
Low cost spay/neuter program for low income families.

emilysgk
12-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks for finding that for me.