PDA

View Full Version : Keep Me In Your Thoughts

mina'smomma
12-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't been on lately. I've had to spend most of my time looking for a new and better job. Our silly commissioneers informed my boss that despite I have over six years working in the office that I would not be promoted to Director of Veterans Services at all. Last Friday I had an interview in Saginaw at a company called Genuine Marketing Solutions Inc. They only interviewed 20 people and out of that 20 only 5 would be called back for a second interview. I was one of the lucky ones and I go in tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. est for my second interview. This job is suppose to pay more than what I make now and I should know tomorrow whether or not I have the job. Please keep your fingers crossed for me and a prayer tucked aside.

Hugs
Renae

ramanth
12-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Lots of hugs and prayer Renae!! Good luck!

Randi
12-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Good luck with the interview, hope you get the job! :) Will be sending positive thoughts.

JenBKR
12-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here, and prayers on the way! Let us know what happens!

catnapper
12-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Good luck!!! We'll be keeping all fingers and paws crossed here for ya! :)

cyber-sibes
12-05-2006, 02:25 PM
All paws crossed!

Pembroke_Corgi
12-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

lizbud
12-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Best of luck to you. :)

moosmom
12-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Girl, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know exactly what it's like to get so close. But I have every confidence that they'll make the right decision.

Good luck! Please keep us posted. ;)

borzoimom
12-05-2006, 06:32 PM
And take care!

kimlovescats
12-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Good luck, Renae .... I hope you get this job! If not, please have faith that there is something even better out there for you! ;)

Kim

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-06-2006, 02:54 AM
Fingers tails and paws crossed here, Renae!!

mina'smomma
12-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Ok so I went to that second interview only to find out that instead of it being an office job with a steady income its a glorified sales job. You only make about 35% of what you sell and then to top it off there is not fringe benefits. I'm sorry but I believe that when it says that you make $30,000 a year and benefits they should be backing it up. Not only if you sell this stuff. What is it that makes business think that no one needs a steady income.

I'm so mad and hurt. I feel like I wasted an entire day doing nothing but standing at a mall trying to sell a bunch of junk. :mad: This was not what I was told the job was. It is completely opposite and not what I want. Had I known this ahead of time I would not have bothered with it. :mad:

I guess I was kidding myself hoping my life would look up and start getting better. I'm never going to be anything else then what I am. I person who is pretty much useless. :(

Karen
12-06-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm never going to be anything else then what I am. I person who is pretty much useless. :(

You are NOT useless. Not. Not. Not. Not.

So, you are not a salesperson - most people aren't. That's why there are always openings in sales jobs!

What kind of job would you like to do? If office work appeals to you, have you considered signing up with a temp agency? They often lead to steadier work than one might think ... and sometimes to "real" jobs.

Catty1
12-06-2006, 10:20 PM
WHOA. You stand up for yourself and know that selling junk in a mall kiosk is a waste of time and you say you are NOTHING???

Holy cow, girl, you have standards and pride!

You're one in a MILLION! :D

HUGS!

JenBKR
12-07-2006, 07:31 AM
Oh sweetie, that stinks that they were not up front with you. But, I m with you, that doesn't sound like the kind of job that would be for me either. There IS something out there for you, you just have to find it. We are here for you! You are NOT useless, not at all! You are a wonderful, kind, caring person. PM me if you ever need to talk. ((((hugs))))

borzoimom
12-07-2006, 07:36 AM
WHOA. You stand up for yourself and know that selling junk in a mall kiosk is a waste of time and you say you are NOTHING???

Holy cow, girl, you have standards and pride!

You're one in a MILLION! :D

HUGS!
AMEN!!!!!!!

Anita Cholaine
12-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Sweetie, maybe sales jobs are not for you, but they are actually for very few people.
I'm sure you'll find the right job, you just need to be positive and wait. And don't feel bad about yourself, I know you're not useless, ok?
(((((HUGS)))))