PDA

View Full Version : California Natural Herring & Sweet Potato

sanford8916
12-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Hello everyone!

As I posted in another post, Lou Lou has allergies on her feet, so the vet recommended that we switch her food from Nutro Lamb and Rice to Eukanuba Kangaroo and Oats, but I got some negative feed back on that and was given names of several other brands that PTers thought would be better. I have done some reserch and I think we have narrowed it down to California Natural Herring and Sweet Potato. I would prefer to feed both dogs the same food instead of worrying that sneaky Lou Lou gets into Winchesters bowl, which she has a couple times this week, she is to fast. Would it be ok to switch Winchester to that same food? What treats would be ok to give to Lou Lou? It seems like all the treats you can buy have wheat in them and I think that is one of the things we are trying to stay away from. Does anyone have a some homemade treat ideas?? California Natural($41) is also a better price that Eukanuba($53) for a smaller bag! I found a store that is about 25 minutes away to get California Natural and that run ads all the time so I am sure I will just buy a few bags at one time when I am there. But dogs go to the vet tonight to get their stitches out and Lou Lou will get her feet checked again!

Thanks for any help! :)
Heather

Logan
12-05-2006, 07:49 AM
I've never used that variety of California Natural food, but I did read up on it the other day, actually, when I was looking for cat food for my cat, who has some skin issues. Perhaps using the CF Natural or Innova treats would be the way to go. I have to "forewarn" my supplier if I need the CN foods, but he has access to all of them.

I can't imagine why it would hurt to have both dogs on that food. It can't hurt to try, at least!

Good luck, Heather.

Logan