PDA

View Full Version : So Excited, just ordered my new computer

Queen of Poop
12-04-2006, 01:15 PM
I am so excited. I just ordered my new computer. It's a MacBook. It will also run Windows. I can't wait till it arrives!!

borzoimom
12-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Ohhhhh you are going to be surfin now!!! lol..

Randi
12-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Good choice - Congratulations! :)

BitsyNaceyDog
12-04-2006, 07:59 PM
That's awesome! I have a MacBook too, you'll love it.

Is this your first Mac? If you don't need windows for something specific I wouldn't put it on your computer. Windows is much less secure than OSX. You'll also like OSX much better than windows, I guarantee it.

dukedogsmom
12-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I agree about Windows XP. If you don't need it, I wouldn't put it on there.

cyber-sibes
12-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Very exciting! I couldn't figure out the native word processing program on the Mac. (sometimes I feel so computer-challenged :rolleyes: ) I installed Windows for Mac and am quite happy with it.

Queen of Poop
12-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Ahhh, but with windows I can connect to work and potentially do work related stuff at home. Then maybe I get more time with the furbabies.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Ahhh, but with windows I can connect to work and potentially do work related stuff at home. Then maybe I get more time with the furbabies.
Ah. My husband has to do that too. Having Windows on our computer makes me so nervous though. Justin has an external hard drive and he's always backing everything up. We're looking into getting a cheep PC so he can run tests in IE when he needs to and we can get Windows off our Mac. Right now he has to switch back and forth from OSX to Windows to run his tests and it takes forever.

There is something called Parallels that may be of use to you, depending on your needs. It will allow you to open Windows in a window while you are still in OSX. It didn't work for Justin because of how he has the computer formatted though. Otherwise you will need to log out and restart the computer in Windows every time. Sadly it's saved no time having Windows on the Mac, in fact just the opposite is the case, it takes way longer. Hopefully it will serve your needs better than it does Justin's.

Queen of Poop
12-05-2006, 10:48 AM
I understand from one of the computer guys in the office that there is new software out that will make it way too easy to switch between the Mac and windows environments. He said it was called boot camp or something similar. Anyways when it arrives he will set it all up for me - very nice of him. I just can't hardly wait!!!