PDA

View Full Version : I have Great News.........******Updated******

Lori Jordan
12-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Ok you all know about Anna,Well i was talking to Melody (her owner),a couple days ago,and she was saying that she would like to get another dog,Well my husbands friend called last night and a guy he works with was looking to rehome these two Siberian Huskys he lives in a house,when he moved in the women before him left these two dogs.

The landlord told this man that they need to be gone by tuesday or else he is taking them to a shelter,Back to Melody,I called and told her this and she wants them both she only wanted one but said that she was not going to seperate them.

Last night me and Jamie took a drive to go see them,they were both tied out,I went to the back of the barn (in pitch black) to see the one and i was so surprised what i had found these dogs have to be purebred they are stunning,there both the black and white,the one male has some brown in him.

You could not ask for nicer dogs,So tonight we are going to go get them we have to wait until dark, As this womens friends live at the front of this house,and the guy said they would put up a fuss,which i could care less she dont take care of these dogs when she moved out she left them to die.So we are going to go get them and take them to Melody,Im soooo excited,Also they are both intac males about 2-3 years old so she will have to get them in to be fixed.

borzoimom
12-04-2006, 12:02 PM
That sounds promising but please be careful going there at night...

cyber-sibes
12-04-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm always happy to hear about siberians going to an owner who knows sibes. I've been thinking about Anna so much after you posted your heart-touching story. I'm so glad you are staying in touch and get to see your beautiful girl now & then. Good luck to these boys, hope it all works out.

Lori Jordan
12-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Well it will take some work.apparently the two males do not get along,So my husband is going to work with them,he said you cannot expect them to get along when one is tied and the other is allowed to run loose also SH will fight for who is boss,My hubby has owned SB way before he has known me so he is going to try to get things worked out,They are so gorgeous i want them...Wish them luck,Jamie seems to think they will be fine but who knows ill keep all updated.Bmom,as to being there at night,im not worried no one is going to stop me from taking these dogs,they will not be cared for if she happend to come back,nor if they go to the shelter,They will be coming with me regardless on what anybody says!

borzoimom
12-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Okay- I am just worried about you. People that dont care for animals usually dont care about people either...

ramanth
12-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Good luck and be careful.

cyber-sibes
12-04-2006, 03:17 PM
also SH will fight for who is boss,Neutering them both would help. Will Anna be safely away from them? With her age, it could be rough having two testosterone-laden males bashing around for dominance. She might not like that too much, especially in her territory.

Cinder & Smoke
12-04-2006, 04:23 PM
... she wants them both - she only wanted one -
but said that she was not going to seperate them.

You could not ask for nicer dogs ...

Well it will take some work.
Apparently the two males do not get along ...

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to SEPERATE them to different homes!

If they don't naturally "get along" - they certainly won't "mind" NOT seeing each other again!

/s/ Phred

lizbud
12-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Sounds like an excellent opportunity to SEPERATE them to different homes!

If they don't naturally "get along" - they certainly won't "mind" NOT seeing each other again!

/s/ Phred

Great idea. :) As long as they both have good homes. They sure
seem to need people who care about them.

Lori Jordan
12-05-2006, 08:12 AM
I went and picked them up last night,with my husband and daughter,Ricco seemed to be the bossy one and chinook was the layed back one,I had the truck i put ricco in a cage and the other had the roam,When we got there I got Chinook out and walked over to Anna and she just loved it,She has always loved dogs she was so playful,It is nice to see that in a 12 year old dog.

Then Ricco and he started to growl at her and all she did was showed him her teeth and he dropped,Then later that night we took them out for a bathroom break i had Ricco out front and they had Chinook out back well he pulled and barreled around front to Ricco,they Danced made some noises and that was it,Considering they told me Ricco would kill chinook if he had a chance,After that they were in the house together,and got along,This situation is based on two people that knew nothing about Siberian Husky's.

I am so glad they have a indoor home,Where they will be loved for the rest of there lives,And Anna is so sweet she is back to her playful self maybe she needed this?Ya never know

CountryWolf07
12-05-2006, 12:13 PM
You have a husky named Anna? I do too! :)

This is my Anna:

http://i45.imagethrust.com/i/269547/dogs024.jpg