PDA

View Full Version : Did Anybody Watch the Eukanuba Dog Show this Weekend?

elizabethann
12-04-2006, 07:46 AM
I watched it both Saturday & Sunday night. I picked the English Spring Spaniel to win and it won Best in Show. All of the dogs were beautiful. :)

borzoimom
12-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Yes!! Watched it both nights, defying orders to get rest.. lol.. I loved it!! And the borzoi kalarney was just to drool over!!! ( hurry up galina...lol..)
I have loved that springer for years= not only just drop dead beautiful- but a serious showman as well!

Danegirl2208
12-04-2006, 04:24 PM
i didnt catch yesterdays but i saw last nights :) Such wonderful dogs in the ring, the springer was just stunning! Though i will admit i was rooting for the German shepherd dog...GORGEOUS!

Suki Wingy
12-04-2006, 05:01 PM
no but I wanted too. Who was the BOB dal? the Am staff? Who one Non-sporting Group1?

lute
12-04-2006, 06:16 PM
i was going to watch both days, but ended up partying saturday. Sunday i watched begining to ead! i love watching dog shows. i wish they showed all the way back to the breed ring.

*iluvskipper*
12-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Yeah I watched pretty much all of it but what was up with the 2 best in show ceremony things b/c first it did all of the categorys but herding then a best in show where the Golden Retriever won, then it did the herding and had another best in show??? :confused:

angelbow20
12-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I watched it for a few minutes then i fell asleep! I wanted to see if the golden retiever was going to win and missed it! :rolleyes:

cali
12-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Electra co-owners dog Blaze took BOS for Tollers, her sire(UKC US CH Cinnstar's KD's Red Tornado WC) showed but did not place, but her sires half brother took an award of merit :p

elizabethann
12-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah I watched pretty much all of it but what was up with the 2 best in show ceremony things b/c first it did all of the categorys but herding then a best in show where the Golden Retriever won, then it did the herding and had another best in show??? :confused:

That confused me too. When the Golden won, I thought the whole show was over. But I think it was Best In Breed or Best of Breeders or something. It took me awhile to figure out the show was still going on.

If anybody would like to see the winners go to this website and click on the columns to the left.

http://www.akc.org/invitational/2006/jan/index.cfm

Danegirl2208
12-04-2006, 07:35 PM

The Golden won Best Bred By Exhibitor, which is a whole diffrent category :)

cyber-sibes
12-04-2006, 07:37 PM
I watched parts of it off and on. I thought that little white toy poodle was so cute - she was soooo "girl"! She won the toy group. - and yes, that Borzoi was fabulous! I also thought the Kuvatz was stunning. I thought that the male weimariner that showed was one of the best looking dogs I've ever seen- I wish he would have made it into the BOB. And that german shepherd was beautiful too. Ah heck, they were all beautiful!
Had to laugh at Costello, the malemute that won last year....he walked off camera half way through his "spot" with the host -- haha, he's got that Northern breed personality, too - so long Mr. Independent!

K9karen
12-05-2006, 01:17 AM
Thanks for clearing up the GR situation. I almost shut the TV off, thinking the show was over.

Of course I wanted the GSD (cough, cough) to win, but all the dogs were awesome.

I've always loved Retreivers (esp. the Flat Coat and N.S. Duck Toll)but I thought the Dalmation was spectacular! Don't start me on the Border Collies....

:D :D Logan stuck her nose up in the air and walked out :D :D ))

anna_66
12-05-2006, 06:29 AM
I only got to see a few minutes of it, but what I did get to see was a beautiful chow placed 4th (CH IMAGINE I LOVE JAZZ):D
Ohh and thanks to your link I see it also won best of breed!!

IRescue452
12-05-2006, 07:09 AM
I didn't really like the tollers they put up. Good to see that the labradors are looking less like they belong in the hound group.

TFTpwnsYou
12-05-2006, 09:45 AM
I watched Sat. night, and then forgot it was still on Sun., but caught the winner. I was happy. It was a good looking dog. My b/f thought I was crazy during the 1st show cause I have toys, and haaaave to see that group. The Papillon comes out and I started pitching a fit about "who sent that dog through!" I was like there is no way it's even making the short list. Well, it didn't make the short list and I'm in there "I told you!" I get into them just a little much..... :D

cassiesmom
12-05-2006, 11:36 AM
I did, I did! I watched it both nights with my mom. I think we said something about each one - oh, what a cute dog! or look at that coat, or I guess big dogs need big homes! I always learn something when I watch dog shows. For example: I didn't know that the Portuguese Water Dog has webbed feet. Or that there are three different sizes of poodles. All the dogs are so different from each other! If I were the judge I would have a really hard time choosing, plus I think I would want to pet them all and play with them. (When you go to a dog show, you're probably not allowed to touch the dogs, huh?) The commentators explained some very basic things about dogs and dog shows, too. There was a boy handling a dog in one of the groups who was 15 years old, the commentator said that it's a lot of pressure for a young handler and he was doing a great job. I liked the crowd's reactions to all the different dogs. I hope I'll be able to have a dog at some point in my life. First I have to move to a place with a safe area for a dog and get a more predictable schedule, though.

IRescue452
12-05-2006, 12:01 PM
I get into it. I have to watch every breed and every dog. I like Dylan, Aka roadside attraction, who took award of excellence in papillons. Gorgeous markings. And the rough collie pup that took opposite sex, cute as can be. She looks so young, I didn't catch the age. The german shepherds were hideous.