PDA

View Full Version : Spook found a new place to sleep...

DJFyrewolf36
12-04-2006, 05:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/DJFyrewolf36/December%202006/001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/DJFyrewolf36/December%202006/004.jpg
Isn't she cute? The perfect bathroom acessory!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/DJFyrewolf36/December%202006/003.jpg
Remus says he still prefers the nice soft couch...

I also had a question for you all. If you zoom in on the first picture above Spooks right eye, you'll see a small baldish patch. It isn't totally bald (it has some stubbly fur) but the skin is really dry and rough. She was scratching at it last week and there was a small scratch there, but some peroxide cleared that right up. Now there is just the spot, and she doesn't seem to be scratching at it anymore. Anyone know what this could be? Remus also had a similar thing happen to the top of his ear, but that went away about two weeks ago and the fur is back.

Thanks for any advice!

kimlovescats
12-04-2006, 02:54 PM
What a cute sink kitty!

It almost sounds like the patches could be ringworm. Ringworm usually is more prominent on the face and ears.

caseysmom
12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
I thought of ringworm also but usually there is more than one spot...bubba had ringworms, the spots were sort of scaly.

lvpets2002
12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
;) What adorable babies.. Looks like Spook has found the tolit paper rolls.. Just like my girls if it not the sink then its out to kill the tolit paper rolls.. Hey about the eye spot I have to agree with Kim.. Great pics thanks

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Aw Remus, looks like a perfect "Snoopy-look-a-like"!!!

RedHedd
12-04-2006, 03:38 PM
.... or, all kitties have thinner fur over their eyes. It's just more noticeable on black kitties.

Donnaj4962
12-04-2006, 03:42 PM
What cute pictures! It looks as if there are other sink kitties! My girls don't sleep in the sink, they prefer to get drinks! Silly kitties! :rolleyes:

I have no advice on the baldish spot.... have never had anything like that with my girls! Hope it is better soon though!

catmandu
12-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Thta happens the odd time with The Found Ctas where they wil get ptaches, I think that sometimes they are too agressive with thier scratching, and make the spots.
Great Photos of Spook, they make me miss my Tubby 2 though.
Wish me luck with the Tubster!!

elizabethann
12-04-2006, 07:40 PM
LOL. That is so funny. What a cutie pie.

DJFyrewolf36
12-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Hrm, at first I thought ringworm too, but there is only the one spot...the rest of her looks all kinds of gorgeous :D. Maybe you are right, Gary. The spot on Remus appeared after what sounded like a major fracas with the MILs cats shortly before we moved and Spook developed the eye patch shortly after a particularly rough play session with Remus. The MILs cats health is sadly declining rapidly over the last month, especially Draco, who has developed open sores all over his ears and face. :( Not sure if this is an agression issue (I took my two cats, but the MILs roomate added three aggresive kittens) or a sign of illness...but Im still keeping an eye on mine just in case

rg_girlca
12-05-2006, 05:05 PM
AWWWWW Spook look so adorable in the sink and Remus is such a hunk of a tabby boy. :)

DJFyrewolf36
12-06-2006, 12:41 AM
AWWWWW Spook look so adorable in the sink and Remus is such a hunk of a tabby boy. :)

Remus says "MEOOOW and thank you!!"

He knows how cute he is, and exploits it...not that I BLAME him for this :D

catcrazylady
12-06-2006, 09:25 AM
How CUTE! Spook is a beauty for sure and there is nothing better than a kitty accessory for the bathroom.

My first bet would be a patch of ringworm too but you might also want to check for earmites. Sometimes they get bald spots from scratching.

Remus you are as adorable as always!