PDA

View Full Version : I got it done! --Pictures--

buttercup132
12-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Sorry for the wait on pictures I've been so busy with work.
The pictures are kinda sucky too.

Anyways heres the pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/IMG_3385.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/IMG_3364.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/IMG_3368.jpg

I also got the one on my leg touched up.

Before:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/tat2.jpg

After:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/IMG_3370.jpg

animal_rescue
12-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Awesome, they both look great! :D

Almita
12-03-2006, 06:16 PM
That is awesome Alicia. Love it, I also love that star.

GreyhoundGirl
12-03-2006, 06:18 PM
It's beautiful. but :eek: wow, it's huge! I pictured it much smaller. lol.

Sevaede
12-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Neat!

I'd have a few by now but I don't have a job, yet. :o

GoldenLuv
12-03-2006, 06:25 PM
ouchie

Danegirl2208
12-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Looks GREAT! congrats :)

dukedogsmom
12-03-2006, 06:59 PM
I love it! Very cute. I've got to get the one on my arm redone. It needs a lot more color. The guy that did it before didn't do it right. And I'll be getting a Duke tribute one on my ankle soon.

Suki Wingy
12-03-2006, 07:02 PM
she's cute! I still love that star. :)

Husky15
12-03-2006, 08:08 PM
That's so cute! Both of them! I'd love to get a nice tattoo sometime.

dab_20
12-03-2006, 09:07 PM
It looks great, Alicia! I really like it, and the star is cool, too.

Toby's my baby
12-03-2006, 09:18 PM
That is awsome Alicia! I LOVE it!

Marigold2
12-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Sorry I am one of the old fashioned people that don't like tattoos. When I see one on a person in my mind their IQ goes down about 25 points. I know a lot of young people get them but, coorporate american is still, white collar, clean cut, no screws, bolts, nuts or tattoos. Just can't take anyone serious that has them. I was in a store and this girl had a bolt in her eyebrow, I just walked away. I couldn't even look at her. Bride of Frankenstein is all I could think of. My daughter who is 20 and also named Alicia says I am old fashioned, but hey, we old fashioned people are still the ones hiring you young people and when I see a tattoo, you have lost the job.

caseysmom
12-03-2006, 10:50 PM
I am in the old fogie category and tattoo's are a lot different now than they were in the old days......I think it looks pretty.

binka_nugget
12-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Sorry I am one of the old fashioned people that don't like tattoos. When I see one on a person in my mind their IQ goes down about 25 points. I know a lot of young people get them but, coorporate american is still, white collar, clean cut, no screws, bolts, nuts or tattoos. Just can't take anyone serious that has them. I was in a store and this girl had a bolt in her eyebrow, I just walked away. I couldn't even look at her. Bride of Frankenstein is all I could think of. My daughter who is 20 and also named Alicia says I am old fashioned, but hey, we old fashioned people are still the ones hiring you young people and when I see a tattoo, you have lost the job.

You couldn't have just said "Tattoos aren't for me, but I'm glad you're happy with it" instead of insulting a number of people on Pet Talk? If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. ;)

It looks lovely Alicia. The shading looks great.. especially with the transition of colors in the skirt/pants.

Sevaede
12-04-2006, 01:16 AM
You couldn't have just said "Tattoos aren't for me, but I'm glad you're happy with it" instead of insulting a number of people on Pet Talk? If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. ;)

It looks lovely Alicia. The shading looks great.. especially with the transition of colors in the skirt/pants.

I agree, Ashley. Marigold, that post was full of ignorance and hurtful comments.

Yes, indeed! That's the best part, I think, is the skirt. It looks very nifty!

TFTpwnsYou
12-04-2006, 12:24 PM

Yeah. I agree. Tattoos aren't for everyone. I personally I have 4 and still have a ways to go before I'm complete. Now all of mine are totally coverable I made sure of that. I once ran into to someone when I was wearing a small shirt and the one around my belly button was showing. They said to me "why did you get that? When you're 50 that's not going to look so good." The smart *** in me came out and I simply said "Well, I don't think I'll be wearing mid drifts when I'm 50 either. I like it...it's pretty now, and I will always remember what it used to look like." Needless to say there was no reply for that one.

I say go with what you want to do. What makes you feel you look good and feel good. People will think what they will, and that's fine by me. And looks can be deceiving. Congrats on the tattoo!

Jadapit
12-04-2006, 12:31 PM
I love it! It looks great. :D

Muddy4paws
12-04-2006, 01:06 PM
Marigold2 - If you dont like them so much why reply? I think its very rude to make judgements on other peoples bodys regardless of what they do to it.
There is always one that likes to ruin a thread.

I love them both! I dont think I could bare the pain of a tatoo :o I've always wanted one though!

buttercup132
12-04-2006, 02:43 PM

Aw how nice of you to make such a rude comment. Just lovley of you.
You took my IQ down because I have pericings and tattoos..Thing is you came to me a month ago asking for ME to help you on a subject with rabbits. I provided you with tons of information that you didn't know. Oh but yes I'm very dumb for knowng more then you, a adult.
You also calling me the Bride of Frankenstein? Thats very nice of you
too. And it's called a RING NOT a bolt...:rolleyes:
Thanks for invading my thread and leaving a negative comment though. I already have a job lined up for my future and they all love my
tattoos and pericings so I think next time you should keep your rude comments to yourself.Especially since alot of people on here have tattoos and pericings. Also I don't live in America I guess you missed where it said right on the side of my post..must be that smart non tattooed/periced brain of yours that made you miss that cause it's pretty easy to read..

Thank you everyone else for the POSITIVE comments.

borzoimom
12-04-2006, 02:48 PM
I think nothing less of tftpwnsu- she has been a lovely friend, has come to my house several times, although she lives several hours away, stays for days in my house, even took care of my loving dogs while we were at a dog show. And I trust NO ONE with my dogs-..
I have been in management since 1983. They have already decided based on qualifications to interview you or not. Some public jobs they might- like a high restaurant- but not a normal job..
Do not worry about it buttercup.. TFTpwnsu has 4, and I hold her in the highest regard as a highly intellegent lady! Even trusting her with my most prized- MY DOGS!!! She is also very good friends with my daughter as well.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
12-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Wow! I LOVE it! Didn't it hurt getting it done in the spot? I want a half sleeve, from my shoulder to my elbow - I just have to design it. :)

caseysmom
12-04-2006, 02:54 PM
I think nothing less of tftpwnsu- she has been a lovely friend, has come to my house several times, although she lives several hours away, stays for days in my house, even took care of my loving dogs while we were at a dog show. And I trust NO ONE with my dogs-..
I have been in management since 1983. They have already decided based on qualifications to interview you or not. Some public jobs they might- like a high restaurant- but not a normal job..
Do not worry about it buttercup.. TFTpwnsu has 4, and I hold her in the highest regard as a highly intellegent lady! Even trusting her with my most prized- MY DOGS!!! She is also very good friends with my daughter as well.

I thought you just posted that you don't know a single person with a tattoo...I am seriously losing it :D

borzoimom
12-04-2006, 02:58 PM
I thought you just posted that you don't know a single person with a tattoo...I am seriously losing it :D
Yes you are right- but I wasnt thinking- I dont see tftpwns you as someone with tattoos- I see her for who she is.. My mistake- I stand corrected! lol.

Argranade
12-04-2006, 03:33 PM
The fairy girl looks realy nice Alicia ... I also thought it was gona be smaller but either way it looks great, that's some type of tinker-bell right?

I LOVE that star it's beautiful! :D ... I realy do want a tattoo but I'm going to make sure I think out exacly what I'm going to get because it's for life, maybe when I'm 17 or 18.

So far my Todum the Native Raven is first on my list. ;)

Fur&Feathers
12-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Wow, very nice! Dumb question, but did it hurt terribly there? I don't think I could stand to get a tattoo in that area.

buttercup132
12-04-2006, 04:04 PM
It hurt closer to the armpit. The tattoo artist said it's the most sensitive spot to get one done. It hurt a little at the bottom too. Other then that it didnt hurt it just felt annoying.

Husky15
12-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Marigold2, some people like tattoos and some don't. Some people like piercings and some don't. It's all our own personal opinions and we all seem to coexist pretty fine together. Tattoos have nothing to do with the IQ of a person. I know a man that has tattoos and he is most definitely not stupid.

Anyway, I respect the fact that you dislike tattoos, and so do many people here, I'm sure. So you should respect the opinions of the people who do.

Marigold2
12-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi Everyone,
I would first like to apologize to Alicia who I think is a lovely and intelligent young women. I never meant to say that you were anything but. No I don't like tattoos. And I do have a personal reason for it. That aside I am sorry if I hurt anyones feelings.
My mom was in concentration camp and she had a tattoo on her left arm, it started with the letter Z, and then a long number followed, it was put on there for identifcation. My mom became a number, not a person. Whenever we used to go somewhere people would ask her about it and she would have to say " well I got that in concentration camp" and then people whould start asking questions about her experience. This happened all the time and it was incredibly painful to her and anyone that loved her. A tattoo to me, means you become a non-human. Because that was what the tattoo meant to my family and many other families as well. It became a mark of shame. You are marked for life. So it is hard for me to imagine anyone wanting to mark themselves for life. Many older people don't like tattoos for that reason and it is not always something that should be shown. If for instance you work in a Dr's office, hospital, teacher to small children, a tattoo can and does make some people uncomfortable. Anyway I do apolize to Alicia and I hope that her tattoo brings her happiness and joy all her life.

Rie Rie
12-05-2006, 12:57 PM
I think it's very cute, love the colors. I am 40 years old and just got my first one this summer. My hubby wasn't that thrilled about it at first, but he's ok with it now. My mom was surprised, because I do pain at all, but she really likes it. I plan to one day have my twin brothers initials put around it somehow, he died 24 years ago this Jan.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v680/maggiemay885/100_1651.jpg

caseysmom
12-05-2006, 12:59 PM
That is really pretty rie rie...

luckies4me
12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
I work at a Veterinary Hospital and have three tattoos. I have my whole right shoulder done with "I love my daddy" (something special to me), a black cat on my left shoulder and kitty cat paw prints on my chest. Clients always point out how cute my paw prints are. The other tattoos you can't see. There are many people at work with tattoos and we all seemed to get hired. ;) I plan on having many more as I grow older as they to me are a work of art.

P.S. I love the tattoo! It looks very cute. I don't think I'm strong enough to get one on that side of my arm though. Just the one near my armpit made me flustered. :o

Blue_Frog
12-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Thats a really cute tattoo you have :) It looks like they did a really good job on it too - I'm surprised that it didn't hurt more to do!

So far my Todum the Native Raven is first on my list. ;)
Thats what my sister got -- shes got 2 ravens on her chest, a 50's dancing woman to represent our grandmother on her right forearm, a celtic knot on her right sholder, a design her ex designed for her on her left forearm (hes a graphic artist), the celtic tree of life across her back, another knot on her lower back, and a small scorpion slightly below that. Thats the only one she regrets getting (when she was 16). Plus only she knows how many piercings.

My sisters' Tattoo'd Ravens ...
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/Misc/m_ravens.jpg

Me? I got nuthin ... just a navel piercing. I'm too much of a chicken to do anything that permanent to myself. I'd really have to love a design, and know that i'd still love it in 30 years before i'd put ink to myself like that.

:)

Argranade
12-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Thats a really cute tattoo you have :) It looks like they did a really good job on it too - I'm surprised that it didn't hurt more to do!

Thats what my sister got -- shes got 2 ravens on her chest, a 50's dancing woman to represent our grandmother on her right forearm, a celtic knot on her right sholder, a design her ex designed for her on her left forearm (hes a graphic artist), the celtic tree of life across her back, another knot on her lower back, and a small scorpion slightly below that. Thats the only one she regrets getting (when she was 16). Plus only she knows how many piercings.

My sisters' Tattoo'd Ravens ...
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n19/bluefrog_ca/Misc/m_ravens.jpg

Me? I got nuthin ... just a navel piercing. I'm too much of a chicken to do anything that permanent to myself. I'd really have to love a design, and know that i'd still love it in 30 years before i'd put ink to myself like that.

:)

They look realy neat but I would never get anything that noticible.

I want my Raven hidden, I don't even know if I realy am going to get a tattoo because I heard there wrong and I don't want to sin, we were born with out any tattoos and I just might keep it that way.

Well I know in my heart the raven is my spirit, I learned from being native (Ojibway), crows are my favourit birds actualy before I even knew my todum .. I might save up and buy one as a pet .. they can be taught to speak and are such smart and gentle birds. ;)

bckrazy
12-05-2006, 04:58 PM
That is so cute, Alicia! I really love the style & the coloring. =) It's really unique, I have never seen a fairy done in that style before.

Im getting a sacred heart, on the back/base of my neck. zomgz I would not be able to stand getting one on that side of my arm! Youre way way tougher than me.

sumbirdy
12-06-2006, 02:59 PM
That is awesome. I'd really loved to get a tattoo but I'm a real baby when it comes to needles. *sigh* Oh well. Yours looks great!

My Peanuts
12-06-2006, 03:15 PM
I love it! :)

It really fits you.

Suki Wingy
12-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Well I know in my heart the raven is my spirit, I learned from being native (Ojibway), crows are my favourit birds actualy before I even knew my todum .. I might save up and buy one as a pet .. they can be taught to speak and are such smart and gentle birds. ;)
My dad had one named Archie when he way young. My favorite picture of him is with that crow about 10-15 yrs before I was born. He and his friend took the two from the wild as babies, and I know that's not right but Archie grew up to fly free and come back as he pleased, always finding him no matter where my dad was in the town almost like the owls in Harry Potter. He was a very smart bird and some of my favorite stories have to do with his antics.

Sevaede
12-06-2006, 10:55 PM
They look realy neat but I would never get anything that noticible.

I want my Raven hidden, I don't even know if I realy am going to get a tattoo because I heard there wrong and I don't want to sin, we were born with out any tattoos and I just might keep it that way.

Funny story this is...

My MIL has several friends who go to the same church as she. They are all pretty devout. One of them has three children and they all have a multitude of tattoos (and she was musing about getting one herself). One of the other ladies has a rose inside of an anchor or something like that on her leg, I Think.

buttercup132
12-07-2006, 06:36 AM
Thanks everyone:)

anna_66
12-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Very cute but OUCH! I could never get one on that part of my arm...too sensitive:o
Your much tougher than me:D

Anita Cholaine
12-07-2006, 07:24 AM
Alicia, it looks really pretty! I love the coloring and the shades, and it looks great on you. I love the one in your leg too.

I really want to get a tattoo done someday, but not yet. I want it to be something meaningful to me, not something I'd probably regret in the future.

Argranade
12-07-2006, 09:25 AM
My dad had one named Archie when he way young. My favorite picture of him is with that crow about 10-15 yrs before I was born. He and his friend took the two from the wild as babies, and I know that's not right but Archie grew up to fly free and come back as he pleased, always finding him no matter where my dad was in the town almost like the owls in Harry Potter. He was a very smart bird and some of my favorite stories have to do with his antics.

I would LOVE to help a baby crow out lol, there used to be a bunch of them that nested next door to us and once in the summer all the poor baby crowns fell out of the nest, if only I was 16 that day or even 12. :rolleyes:

Crows are beautiful birds and it's stupid that people use them for halloween, there birds of knowledge .. they know things that humans will never know lol.

dukedogsmom
12-07-2006, 09:58 AM
When I was very young, I think around 4 or so, my aunt had a wild crow they had taught to talk. He would fly up to the deck and say "Feed Joe dog food." He loved canned dog food. He was so cute. Its funny, until we started talking about crows here, I had completely forgotten about him.