PDA

View Full Version : Happy Feet

luvofallhorses
12-03-2006, 05:36 PM
has anyone seen this yet? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366548/

I went with my best friend to see it today and thought it was really cute! :D now I want a penguin. ;) if you haven't seen it yet go see it. I think it would be considered as a great family movie. :D

Jamieejo85
12-03-2006, 07:43 PM
I saw it also. I really liked it. I saw a review of it on TV and they were saying that it wasnt all that great but I strongly disagree. I went with my little sister and she and I both liked it.

Husky15
12-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Happy Feet is really cute! My sister and I saw it a little while ago. It's definitely worth the money if you're into those cute animated movies. :)

luvofallhorses
12-03-2006, 09:31 PM
yeah, I thought it was great. whoever doesn't like it oh well. I think it's a really great movie and that kids would love it! :D

Vela
12-03-2006, 09:45 PM
I took my kids to it and it was okay until the end, which none of us really liked. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be but I've definately seen worse.

BC_MoM
12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
What is this even about? Penguins dancing? I've heard it's cute, but I won't waste money on a movie just because it's "cute". Is it comedy, adventure..?

luvofallhorses
12-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I didn't go because it's "cute". ;) it's a comedy adventure and it's not just about penguins dancing. it's about one penguin that can't find his heart song and can't help but dance.

Muddy4paws
12-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Its been a big horror story here involving happy feet!!

Lots of parents took their children to see it and during the trailers it showed one for "Black christmas" a horror film and its left kids VERY scared seeing santa killing people..

luvofallhorses
12-04-2006, 01:26 PM
huh? :confused:

Muddy4paws
12-04-2006, 01:42 PM
huh? :confused:

Sorry :p When we go to the cinema here we see alot of trailers for new films before the actual feature film. Some one make a mistake and showed a trailer for a horror film called "Black Christmas" which is about Santa murdering people or something like that and its left some childen really upset!

They were talking about it on the radio this morning. The cinema have offered the children some free tickets but I can imagine some very scared children on Christmas eve!

dogzr#1
12-04-2006, 04:27 PM
I watched it a couple weeks ago and I absolutely loved it! I begged my parents to take me, but they didn't want to go so they forced my brothers to go with me. They weren't that excited to see a 'dancing penguin movie', but they actually liked it. It was really fun, funny and I loved the message it gave about pollution. I highly recommend it for adults and kids alike.

Argranade
12-04-2006, 04:31 PM
I did not want to see it cause it looks like toy story or somthen lol.

luvofallhorses
12-04-2006, 07:08 PM

I think you would like it since it has penguins in it. ;)

elizabethann
12-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Sorry :p When we go to the cinema here we see alot of trailers for new films before the actual feature film. Some one make a mistake and showed a trailer for a horror film called "Black Christmas" which is about Santa murdering people or something like that and its left some childen really upset!

They were talking about it on the radio this morning. The cinema have offered the children some free tickets but I can imagine some very scared children on Christmas eve!

Those poor little kids.

I can't wait to see it. I took the week after Christmas off & I plan to see movies all week - Happy Feet being the first.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-06-2006, 03:52 PM
now I want a penguin. ;)
No, you want a penguin that can dance, right? :D
I know I do and I've just seen the trailer for the movie. :D

Zippy
12-06-2006, 04:05 PM

I want to see it.I love cartoons. :D

*iluvskipper*
12-06-2006, 05:45 PM
I saw it and I think that the penguins are the cutest ever!!!! It was an "ok" movie...

luvofallhorses
12-06-2006, 09:37 PM
No, you want a penguin that can dance, right? :D
I know I do and I've just seen the trailer for the movie. :D

no because they are cute. :p and it's not a cartoon. it's like Shrek was but not a cartoon cartoon. :)

slick
12-10-2006, 12:34 AM
I just got back from seeing this film and I'm sorry to say that it was not what I expected and is certainly not one of my favourites. I won't rush out to buy it. It was like they took March of the Penguins and made a musical out of it.

I loved the characters and I loved the animation and the photography. It was truly amazing, but like Vela, I did not like the ending. It was too abrupt. OK, so the "aliens" came but you didn't see how the "aliens" helped them out. My friend was thinking it was done that way on purpose so that Sequel 2 can continue the story.

Oh yes, in spite of what I said, I cried through alot of it...but that's just me. I cry at the drop of a hat and the potential for a sweet, fluffy, fat penquin getting eaten by a whale sends me off the deep end. :(

I rate this 5 fish out of 10.

cloverfdx
12-10-2006, 07:10 AM
I want to see it just to hear Brittany Murphy sing :D.

pitc9
12-10-2006, 11:48 AM
LOL!!!

I'm going to see it today with my mom, sister and her 5 year old daughter and 2 1/2 year old son.
I hope to goD there are not scary movie previews before the movie startes today!!

I'll let you know how many fish I give it when I get back. :D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-10-2006, 01:39 PM
I just got back from seeing this film and I'm sorry to say that it was not what I expected and is certainly not one of my favourites. I won't rush out to buy it. It was like they took March of the Penguins and made a musical out of it.

I loved the characters and I loved the animation and the photography. It was truly amazing, but like Vela, I did not like the ending. It was too abrupt. OK, so the "aliens" came but you didn't see how the "aliens" helped them out. My friend was thinking it was done that way on purpose so that Sequel 2 can continue the story.

Oh yes, in spite of what I said, I cried through alot of it...but that's just me. I cry at the drop of a hat and the potential for a sweet, fluffy, fat penquin getting eaten by a whale sends me off the deep end. :(

Thanks for the heads up. I'm the same way. Ever since Bambi, I can't stand to see sad shows. I was thinking about buying Happy Feet when it come out on dvd. Don't think I want it now.

I started to watch the March of the Penguins the other day but knew I was in trouble when they showed one couple looking so sad when their egg froze. Then when they showed one of the older males freezing to death, well that did me in. I did peek back once and they were showing cute little baby pinguins peeking out from their daddy's feet. Then they talked about how the dad's would have to abandon the baby's if the mom's didn't get back soon.
Well, no way was I going to watch a baby pinguin freeze to death. I can't believe that show won so many awards!!!
Just call me softie!!! :eek: :D

jackmilliesmom
12-11-2006, 03:59 AM
I am kidnapping my small cousins this weekend and we are going to make a day of it. I am bringing them shopping and then we are going for a pizza and then to the cinema to see it - its the only way I can think of going without looking like a real seriously sad adult

pitc9
12-11-2006, 01:15 PM
I loved it!
I loooove the little mexican penguins they were the funniest!

I rated this movie 10 fish out of 10.
Great music & it was funny and entertaining.