PDA

View Full Version : Do you have times like these...i am sure you do

carole
12-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Ok i am just doing a vent here, because i Know everyone has times like these, just thought i would share my last three weeks.

First i had the cancer scare,luckily that turned out to AOK,then i decided nothing will get me down again, oh famous last words, then i spent the next week with a really bad fibro flare up,well i got through that one eventually as i always do, and thought yes this week will be good.

Wrong again, Lexie got sick and is still not doing great, so major concerns there, as i am such a worry wart,not to mention the old finances are very strained,but she is worth it for sure.

And in that week i nearly broke my washing machine, i overloaded it with a duvet inner, which i might add had washed before in the same size machine, just not this one,well end result was it flooded the laundry and ruined all the skirting board, as it is custom wood and swells, but the good news machine is working fine.

Then my dishwasher door, lost it's spring,so it is very heavy and you have to watch out,otherwise if you forget it can fall on you and hurt real bad,then the treadmill i was so excited about died on me after one use,and then yesterday as well the little plastic piece on the nose of my glasses broke,how about that, i really think i am jinxed this week lol, i am scared to touch anything, oh i forgot the vacuum cleaner top broke as well, but hubby managed to put it together again.

Well i can laugh about it, so that's something, so how is your week going, are you having bad luck like me or is everything sweet.

catnapper
12-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Oh man, I know what you mean!!!

We all know about my string of bad luck the past year. Come on 2007, I'm looking forward to a new year and clean start! :D

IRescue452
12-03-2006, 06:37 PM
I know what you mean. Fortunately every once in a while you get a series of events where everything goes right and it seems to make up for everything. Hang in there until then.

dukedogsmom
12-03-2006, 06:57 PM
This year has been the worst year of my life. Lost dad in February. I met my sweetie in February and visited him in July (that was the best time) Early October, he got very ill and has since pushed me away. Lost Duke 3 weeks ago and that still cuts like a knife. Then this past Friday, lost my sweet feral kitty that I was going to turn into an inside cat. I'm so ready for this year to be gone :(

carole
12-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Oh my goodness my wee ups and downs are pale in comparison,Minor setbacks really,nothing that cannot be fixed, I had better start looking at that glass as half full instead of half empty like i promised myself lol, you know some of you have really had a rough deal this year, now i feel most fortunate, so thanks for that, i do hope 2007 is a brighter and happier year for you all that have faced challenges,grief,sadness and down right bad luck, let us all think positive and hope for a wonderful new year. :)

davidpizzica
12-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Ok i am just doing a vent here, because i Know everyone has times like these, just thought i would share my last three weeks.

First i had the cancer scare,luckily that turned out to AOK,then i decided nothing will get me down again, oh famous last words, then i spent the next week with a really bad fibro flare up,well i got through that one eventually as i always do, and thought yes this week will be good.

Wrong again, Lexie got sick and is still not doing great, so major concerns there, as i am such a worry wart,not to mention the old finances are very strained,but she is worth it for sure.

And in that week i nearly broke my washing machine, i overloaded it with a duvet inner, which i might add had washed before in the same size machine, just not this one,well end result was it flooded the laundry and ruined all the skirting board, as it is custom wood and swells, but the good news machine is working fine.

Then my dishwasher door, lost it's spring,so it is very heavy and you have to watch out,otherwise if you forget it can fall on you and hurt real bad,then the treadmill i was so excited about died on me after one use,and then yesterday as well the little plastic piece on the nose of my glasses broke,how about that, i really think i am jinxed this week lol, i am scared to touch anything, oh i forgot the vacuum cleaner top broke as well, but hubby managed to put it together again.

Well i can laugh about it, so that's something, so how is your week going, are you having bad luck like me or is everything sweet.
Oh sis! I feel for you! I'm starting to get depressed and downright scared about what's going to happen with my knee. With the way it feels now, I'm in for more surgery.

carole
12-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Oh mate i know what you are saying, i am counting my blessings really, probably a good thing i started this thread, because now when i hear everyone else's problems mine sure don't seem even worth mentioning, you are in my thoughts bro.

Kfamr
12-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm very sorry you're having a tough time, Carole. :( {{HUGS}}

My year was very upsetting and heartbreaking at times. I've been very depressed and wondering about "true" friends. It seems they are very slim nowadays. Then Kiki went missin, My grandmother has a few bumps which are going to be surgically removed on Thursday, our dear friend Corinna passed away.

This last two months are looking way up. We found Kiara and now we have a new puppy in our family who has made me smile non-stop. There are a few people who are trying to push me down in my happiness but I will not stand for it! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and a fresh new year.

Dorothy39
12-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Wow Carole, You really did get into a groove of Bad Luck!! My Goodness!!!

I'm knocking on wood that nothing as pessimistic happens in this house. We did loose our electricity during that ice storm, but it was restored before the real cold weather got a chance to consume the inside.

but, on a minus note, we used the wrong grade of Kerosine in our portable heater :rolleyes: ~ SOOOOOOO~ every single surface that was exposed has to be washed!!! We're really cleaning up for our Christmas this year, I'll say that much!!! :eek:

After reading this thread, I am doubly Thank-ful for all of my Blessings~

(I've got internet service and Pet Talk :p )

I'm often reminding myself to look at the glass as half full!!!!

ramanth
12-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Oh goodness! I do know what you mean. First I was feeling unwell, then Chipper gets ill. I'm almost afraid on what the third incident will be. :eek:

RedHedd
12-04-2006, 12:20 PM
May I join in the "fun?"

In October when I went to renew my driver's license. Because of my poor eyesight, they restricted me from nighttime driving. So I'm dealing with that, but to add insult to the injury the DMV has now decided I need to have a reevaluation hearing which is scheduled for this Friday.

So in the interim, I'm had to have piles of papers filled out by my doctors, the good news being that they have been able to improve my eyesight slightly. BUT I need to buy new glasses. My Flexible Spending Account doesn't kick in until January 1 and I'm broke.

I was hoping to use my Christmas bonus to buy new glasses, however when I took Mitzi to the vet for an ear infection, they also discovered that she once again needs her teeth cleaned. So THAT's going to come out of my Xmas bonus too - there goes the bonus.

I'm in a debt management plan trying to pay off my bills so I have virtually NO extra money. I was planning to use my Xmas bonus to pay down my debt even further, but I guess that won't happen.

AND I also need major dental work. My dental insurance plan really sucks and basically only cover $1,500 per year which will hardly put a dent in the work I need done.

Why can't I just win the lottery or meet a single millionaire? I'm freaked beyond words about the DMV hearing this coming Friday, right smack dab in the middle of my office Christmas party. I tried to reschedule, but the DMV responded with rudeness and threats of suspending my license.

Please wake me when it's over. :( :rolleyes: :confused: :mad:

Pembroke_Corgi
12-04-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about everyone's hard times! When it rains...it pours, I guess. I hope things look up soon.

carole
12-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Oh my goodness HUGS to everyone who is having it tough,Redhedd you sure are being tested, i know what it is like to have to watch the finances, never known anything else really, and everything seems to happen at once doesn't it? yes i want to win the lotto too, not just to have a sweet lifestyle, but to help so many other people and animals out there, that would be the best part about it all wouldn't it really?

I know there is always someone worse off out there,and I sure am counting my blessings right now too,I hope everyone out there who is having it rough can see light at the end of the tunnel and things will eventually turn around in a more positive manner.

You know Kay I have only ever had one or two close friends, yes i do have other aquaintances, but that is all they are, my two best friends are just that,and mean the world to me,you sure do find out in life just those you can rely on and trust, my two best friends are always there for me in time of need and to lend a hand,a kind word, and boy that means a lot,don't be too discouraged by your experience,sometimes it takes a few not so good friendships to find the real precious ones. :)