PDA

View Full Version : Cleo turned 18 today

TopCat3
12-03-2006, 07:52 AM
And she informed me that she was now legally able to drink alcohol, vote, take her turn at jury duty, and marry without my permission.

Then for good measure she asked for the car keys and went off with Colette for a slap up meal in my car!

As she would be driving, she promised to bring back the bottle of champagne to share with me later. :rolleyes:

My darling girl has now thrived for fourteen months since being diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, high BP and renal impairment. (no such word as failure in our household...)

With diligent medication, Chinese herbs, subcutaneous fluids three times a week and lots of love and cuddles, she is doing so well and I am thrilled that she is here for another birthday and Christmas.

She felt the cold in the winter so I made her a polar fleece coat with a lace collar and here she is in it...

GreyhoundGirl
12-03-2006, 07:54 AM
Aww, she's precious, she sure does age gracefully :D

TopCat3
12-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Thank you Greyhoundgirl

Hey your "pet" is gorgeous too, wouldn't mind giving him a cuddle ;)

GreyhoundGirl
12-03-2006, 08:05 AM
JS or JSS? lol, I love saying that... :p Wish I knew what Jack's middle initial was. I'd laugh if it is S. I'll just go with the first and last initial. Then my love is always JS. hehe :p

You're so lucky. POTC2 already came out in Australia, right?

Freedom
12-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Cleo is lovely, and now prettier than ever! I am impressed she is doing so well with her meds and therapies. I had a cat with all 3 you mentioned; so I can relate to what you are describing, even to feeling the cold. It is wonderful what the medications can do for our pets.

I recently got my first sewing machine. I am in awe of your abilities, with that little coat and lace collar. You should be so proud of your talents! Not all of us can do these things.

Thanks for showing off your kitty! Happy birthday, Cleo!
Sandra

catcrazylady
12-03-2006, 10:00 AM
!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLEO !!!

Wow, you look amazing and oh so BEAUTIFUL! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! I love your little sweater and you should never be in any color but pink. It suits you so well. It sounds like your not one to let a few health issues get in the way. You have fun pretty girl!!! :)

Felicia's Mom
12-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY precious CLEO! :) :)

kimlovescats
12-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Happy Birthday, beautiful girl!!! She looks so adorable in her shirt!!!! :D

kb2yjx
12-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Dear Cleo!! ALL the Clan have gathered about the computer to sing you a rousing Happy Birthday!!!! Mom sure made you some lovely sweaters to keep you warm!!! MANY HAPPY MORE BIRTHDAYS!!!
with much love,
Norton, Molly Meu, Raven, Tina Peepers, Nicholas, Riley, Hayley,
and Hope Simone

orangemm
12-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Happy Birthday pretty Cleo!! You look mah-vel-ous in your beautiful pink fleece collar and lace. Your meowmie is a very clever lady and you are wonderful for modeling her lovely creation.

Now don't carry the partying too far; remember to always be a lady, but have fun!! (you don't want Meowmie to worry, either)

I'm so glad you are doing well; keep up the good work!!

You go, girl! :D

lisalee
12-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Happy Birthday Cleo!! I just love her little sweater, she looks so pretty and very good for an 18 year old! Wishing her many more years with you.

catmandu
12-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Its A Special Occasion When Our Companions Hit The Age Of 18.
I Dont Think That I Have Ever Had A Cat That Mature.
Smokey Was 24, But He Came Here At 17.
A Huge Happy Purrrrthday To Cosmic Cleo!!!!
May She Have Many More Years With You.

cassiesmom
12-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Happy Birthday, dear Cleo ...
Happy birthday to you!

phesina
12-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Happy birthday, dear Cleo! Such a beauty you are, and dressed so stylishly!

Drinking, voting, doing jury duty, driving.. pretty soon you'll be moving into your own apartment, I bet! With your husband-to-be?.. You go, girl!

May you enjoy many, many more years of health and happiness.

Cheers and congratulations,

Peony, Sydney, Priscilla, Poppy, Elmer, and Pat

krazyaboutkatz
12-03-2006, 10:44 PM
HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY CLEO!!! I'm so glad to hear that you're doing so well and I hope that you have many many happy and healthy years ahead of you.:) I love your new sweater too and pink looks great on you.:)

TopCat3
12-04-2006, 06:09 AM
Thank you everyone for your good wishes, I certainly intend to stay around for a long time yet, this little Princess isn't going anywhere anytime soon except Mummy's lap. I was indulged somewhat yesterday, and dressed up in my gold leather collar with the diamante studs - from Robinsons in San Francisco don't you know, the famous pet store. It's a long while since Mummy was there, I can tell you. ;)

Any San Franciscans on the forum? Is Robinsons still there?

Have a lovely day everyone, and thank you for making my special day memorable. :)

KitCat
12-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Good for her! With her wild antics, you better be saving some bail money!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-04-2006, 01:13 PM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20851_partycat.gif Happy Birthday Cleo !!!

Wow, your meowmie made you a beautiful fleece coat!!!

elizabethann
12-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Happy 18th Birthday. Nice pink coat. :)

Queen of Poop
12-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Happy Birthday Cleo!!! May you have many, many more sweetheart.

My ferret Sebastian wanted me to tell you he is very much in love with your coat. As he's adrenal and mainly hairless and it's snowy and cold here.