PDA

View Full Version : The 12 Days of Christmas Minus Six

catnapper
12-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Oh man, I nearly laughed til I cried last night when hubby was telling me about how ticked off the music teacher is at school. Apparently, he has not been able to practice for the Christmas Concert at school. No big deal, right? HUGE deal! They keep taking the kids out of his music class for stupid things, so they have not been able to practice.

The Christmas Concert has traditionally been a HUGE deal at his school - lots of talent and a very well put together show. This year, there's a new principal who seems to think he knows everything. He especially thinks music is a waste of time (don't get me started on administrators who think the arts are secondary to other subjects)

Sooooo... this year, the music teacher has only been able to get the kids together enough to teach them the first 6 days of what their true love gave them. He doesn't have time to teach any more days since the concert is next week and the kids don't even know the first 6 days very well........ so the music teacher said they'll sing "The 12 Days of Christmas Minus Six". Its written in the concert program that way.

OMG, I swear I never heard anything so funny. Just wait til the know-it-all principal gets the phone calls from ticked off parents and has to explain that he thought music practice was a waste of time! :D :p

Cookiebaker
12-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Wow! :eek: that's horrible. :( I can't stand principals like that.

Just a side note, but its things like this that push me towards NEVER sending my children to public school. We are already saving for the tuition of a local private Christian school.

IRescue452
12-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Sorry to hear about this school. Well you just have to have a decent public school. Its not bad all over. We live in an area where our schools take priority. We've got tons of music and art classes. BTW, if you count on private schools, you will have to teach them a lot to make up for the lacking private school system, they will be behind in almost every subject. The private school in our area goes up to 8th grade and then most of the students go to public high school, and they are so behind.

Cookiebaker
12-03-2006, 09:08 AM
Sorry to hear about this school. Well you just have to have a decent public school. Its not bad all over. We live in an area where our schools take priority. We've got tons of music and art classes. BTW, if you count on private schools, you will have to teach them a lot to make up for the lacking private school system, they will be behind in almost every subject. The private school in our area goes up to 8th grade and then most of the students go to public high school, and they are so behind.

Well, you just have to have a decent private school. The one near us is awesome. It goes all the way through 12th grade, and I personally know at least 7 kids who have graduated from there, and gone on to be successful in college. And yes, you do need to work extra with your kids. But you do if you send them to public school, too.

The public schools around here are zoos. I know a teacher that works in the local system, and she is sending her daughter to the same school that we want to send our kids. And the reason is because of the administration. They get more and more ridiculous every year. she said that she would never send her kid to that school that she works in.

IRescue452
12-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Touche. Yes, administration can be a pain in the rear. I think they need less job security.

Pembroke_Corgi
12-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Wow, they're are actually going to write it in the program? That is kind of funny. I hope that the people responsible will take the blame, though, and not the music teacher.

I agree that schools don't offer programs like art and music enough. When I was in school I always wished I had more time for art classes. I wonder what it's like now that we have NCLB? :rolleyes:

kimlovescats
12-03-2006, 01:53 PM
YIKES! Funny in a sense, but also pretty sad for the teacher, kids and parents! :confused: