PDA

View Full Version : My Dad is in the hospital...

AmberLee
12-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi all,

My Dad has been dizzy for a few weeks now. We finally talked him into calling the doctor for an appointment yesterday. When we talked to the nurse she insisted we take him to the Emergency Room immediately.

His tests were inconclusive and they're holding him over the weekend for further testing.

He's misterable. I think it's best we finally figure out what's making him dizzy, but wish he weren't so unhappy. :( :(

Mcat
12-02-2006, 11:37 PM
Your dad is in my prayers. I hope they find out what's wrong and that it isn't serious and can be fixed quickly and painlessly.

Karen
12-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Your dad will be in our prayers - answers are always better than wondering.

RedHedd
12-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Amberlee, your day is in our prayers. Do keep us posted. Georgia

krazyaboutkatz
12-03-2006, 01:57 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.:( I sure hope that they'll be able to find out what's wrong and that it can be easily treated. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Don Juan's mom
12-03-2006, 02:48 AM
Prayers. Don Juan and Zerlina will put in a good word with Goddess Bastet.

Liz

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-03-2006, 03:19 AM
Your dad is in my prayers!!

Killearn Kitties
12-03-2006, 04:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear this about your dad, and about how miserable he is. That is difficult for the rest of the family too. I'm hoping that you get some answers very soon.

catcrazylady
12-03-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm sorry. I hope you soon get some answers and he feels better. Prayers on the way.

Felicia's Mom
12-03-2006, 09:40 AM
I am so sorry for your Dad. Will keep him in my prayers.

kimlovescats
12-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Prayers going up for your Dad! I hope they can find what it is, and it's nothing serious!!!

Hugs,
Kim

AmberLee
12-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Thank you, all.

As we learn more I'll keep you posted. :)

Randi
12-03-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear your dad is feeling so miserable. I hope they can find the reason quickly and do what's neccesary. Could he be dehydrated?

Sending lots of positive thoughts to you and your dad.

catmandu
12-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Prayers Are Going To Your Dad, And We Are Praying That Theres Nothing Wrong.
You Did Well By Advising Your Dad To Go Into The Hopsital As Its Better To Error On The Side Of Caution.

cassiesmom
12-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Prayers from Chicago too... my dad (78 years old) just had heart bypass surgery a little over a month ago, so I can relate.

catfamily
12-04-2006, 12:11 PM
I hope your dad is ok.I'll be praying for him.There's many prayers I've been saying lately it seems.Well needed though and your dad will be on the top tonight.I love your quote above your siggy.It says it like it is.Great quote indeed!

AmberLee
12-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Dad's been moved to the coronary care unit: apparently he had a bad reaction to the substitute heart medicine and had an episode with racing heart.

:confused: :( :confused:

I guess I'm glad if it had to happen that he was so close to people who could help.

:( :confused: :eek:

~~~~
Thanks, all, for your prayers.

kimlovescats
12-04-2006, 01:39 PM
I know that must have been very scary for him! :( Like you said, he is in the best place he can be right now! ;)

Hugs,
Kim

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Dad's been moved to the coronary care unit: apparently he had a bad reaction to the substitute heart medicine and had an episode with racing heart.

OMG, poor Dad.... . Good to hear he is under close control now!

krazyaboutkatz
12-05-2006, 12:25 AM
How scary.:( I sure hope that he'll be okay. I'm sure that he's in good hands. Did they ever find out what was causing his dizzyness? Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Logan
12-05-2006, 07:59 AM
I'm so sorry I missed this, before, Amberlee. "Dads" can be very stubborn, can't they? Mine is the same way! :rolleyes: I'm glad they have found the cause and I'm glad you and your mother persisted in getting him some medical attention. Hopefully, he will be better in no time. But I'm going to keep him in my prayers, just to be on the safe side.

Logan

rg_girlca
12-05-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm glad to hear that they were able to find out was was causing your Dad's dizziness and that it isn't anything too serious. I'm sure with a new medication that your Dad will be back home before he knows it.

Prayers still on the way though, that he has a full and speedy recovery.

AmberLee
12-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Dad came home this afternoon.

He pretty much has a clean bill of health. There's some controversy over what medicines he should be taking.

Thank you all for your prayers.

rg_girlca
12-05-2006, 10:14 PM
This is such great news that your father has a clean bill of health and is back home.

I pray that they are able to prescribe the right medication for him.

krazyaboutkatz
12-05-2006, 10:48 PM
AmberLee, I'm so glad to hear that your dad is now home and well again.:) I hope that he'll continue to be very healthy for many more years to come.