PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a reclusive cat?

ashleycat
12-02-2006, 09:55 PM
I love my kitty, but she's always hiding. I never see her. The only time she comes for any attention is when we go to bed and she jumps up there and gives us headbutts before she lays on our pillows.

I want a more lively kitty, more affectionate and wanting attention. What do I do? I've had her for 8 yrs, her whole 8 yrs. She's always been this way.

I gotta go fine that lazer toy she likes. Maybe that will get her out for a minute. She doesn't even care for kitty nip. She's very strange.

kimboe
12-02-2006, 10:17 PM
hmm....maybe try treats and pet her to keep her near by before she runs off.
:)

ashleycat
12-02-2006, 10:46 PM
What treats do you recommend? She won't even touch human food. I've tried.

catcrazylady
12-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Some kitties are just this way. Do you have a noisy and active house? If not this may just be her personality. Have you tried feather toys or strings? Some kitties need lots of interactive play. :)

ashleycat
12-03-2006, 10:27 AM
I have a 2 yr old kid. But other than that it's pretty quiet. But she's always been like this, even before the kid arrived lol

Zippy
12-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Did you add any new pets like a dog or any other animal?You could alwas find her a special treat that you give her when she comes out and plays.What are her favorite toys?
Pounce treats,Whiskers treats,and Greenies are my girls favorites.

ashleycat
12-03-2006, 11:59 AM
LIke I said.. She's ALWAYS been this way. We have added pets in her lifetime. But even when she was the loner she was this way. All she does is sleep.

I've tried giving her treats, but she won't touch them. She won't even touch turkey, chicken for fish.

I gotta find her lazer toy tho. She liked that. For a min anyways.

kimboe
12-03-2006, 04:52 PM
I guess she's just an anti-social kitty. But she does come and cuddle with you at night to show she loves you, Better then nothing.
But, Try to find her lazer toy, and maybe try the feather toys as well..
Hopefully she'll slowy come out of her shell

catmandu
12-03-2006, 06:36 PM
I Have Had Cats That Were Shy At First, And I Found That The Best Thing Is To Leave Them Be.
Eventually They Will Realize That You Love Them, And Respond.
Roccas Still Shy Around Me, But Before She Would Run From Everyone.
Now Shes In All The Found Cat Pile Ups.
Patience And Love Work Everytime!

ashleycat
12-03-2006, 07:09 PM
This has been going on for 8 yrs. I don't think she's just bein shy lol..