PDA

View Full Version : anyone else have dial-up??

kimboe
12-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Just wondering if anyone else had the slow connection. I never had it before and just recently moved out of the city to the sticks.
Do you get just as impatient as I do?
I want to see all the nice photos everyone takes of their furkids, but it so slow uploading :eek:
Sitting trying to wait patiently........ :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-03-2006, 01:49 PM
I feel your pain!!! I have dial up too!!! :D

borzoimom
12-03-2006, 01:51 PM
We did until we moved into the mountains and had to get our cable through a satellite.. Talk about spoiled now!!! We have direct tv and their internet connection is fantastic!

kimboe
12-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Satellite internet....I've heard of that. I'm thinking of upgrading to that. It seems like a much better idea. But, I'm wondering of how much would that be a month?? hopefully not to expensive.... :(
In the county that i live in said they are putting up towers for wireless internet. Not sure when they are putting one up in my area...but waiting to find out.
And i can't wait till that day happens :D :D
I can do some gaming, look up pictures, Do a ton of multi-tasking on the web.
:D

Toby's my baby
12-03-2006, 04:47 PM
We got satellite internet a while ago too. I think that's what it is, since they put a tower thing on top of our house with a satellite thing on top. :confused: It cost quite a bit to get all that ($250?), but I dont think it is too much per-month now.. I think probably around 30-40$. Good luck, until then, you'll realize what patient means! ;)

lizbud
12-03-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm using DSL dial up line and it's not to bad really. Except for the very
picture heavy threads, it works pretty good.

borzoimom
12-03-2006, 04:50 PM
well our house already had it, so it was a free upgrade. Sometimes like with direct tv its free installation with a contract and we pay a totall with 4 tvs and internet 72 a month... ( why we have 4 tvs- I have no clue- we use the one in the great room the most, but the kids come to visit and each room has a tv set.. )

Toby's my baby
12-03-2006, 09:22 PM
well our house already had it, so it was a free upgrade. Sometimes like with direct tv its free installation with a contract and we pay a totall with 4 tvs and internet 72 a month... ( why we have 4 tvs- I have no clue- we use the one in the great room the most, but the kids come to visit and each room has a tv set.. )

Hmm... I wonder if ours was hooked up through our direct tv, is there a way to tell? I'm guessing it wasn't since my mom was ranting about how much it cost to get the satellite deal on top of the house. It might be with Direct tv though, because we dont pay too much, and we have dt on 6 tvs, and internet on two computers

borzoimom
12-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Hmm... I wonder if ours was hooked up through our direct tv, is there a way to tell? I'm guessing it wasn't since my mom was ranting about how much it cost to get the satellite deal on top of the house. It might be with Direct tv though, because we dont pay too much, and we have dt on 6 tvs, and internet on two computers
Call them and find out. Its a 800 number. As I said, sometimes they put up free installation deals. They offered dsl through the telephone company too, but quite frankly- it was the same price for the satellite, and we never loose it. And the kids tell us when they visit ours is so much faster than their dsl. To the point that my daughter had her satellite installed.

RedHedd
12-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Also ask your IP (Internet Provider) if they offer an accelerator - basically a piece of software that helps make the dial-up download speed a little bit faster.

moosmom
12-08-2006, 07:03 PM
I've got dial up as well. It is SLOW!!! But I can't complain. At least I can keep in touch with my friends and post on PT. I guess I got a bit spoiled by the highspeed DSL I had when I lived with Mark.

dukedogsmom
12-08-2006, 07:28 PM
I know what you mean. I've got cable internet but on my phone, it's like dialup. But it's so worth it! I love being able to see the real internet on my phone. Next year, I'm hoping to upgrade to the new Sidekick 3. I went to the TMobile store and looked at it. It's so nice! It's a lot lighter and the internet is faster, plus it's Blue Tooth enabled and also downloads MP3s. I want it badly.

cloverfdx
12-08-2006, 09:27 PM
We are still on dial up aswell here sadly, but it is better than nothing ;). Wheni finally get my new computer we will be going for cable/ broadband.

Ginger's Mom
12-09-2006, 07:00 AM
Yep, dial-up here too. It can be very slow, and there are threads I have to pass by (until I get to work, if I'm not too busy there ;) ). But, unfortunately cable is a luxury I cannot afford and there are no DSL lines in my area.