PDA

View Full Version : You won't believe what happened after work Thursday night

doolittleky
12-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Well as usual, I was on my way home from work last night driving home from jsut feeding Ivy and Scooter at my friend's in the pouring rain and I was turning into the street where I turn off into my condos and what do I almost run over? This little dog who walked right in front of my van and I almost hit her! I stopped because she was so little and it was so dark that I didn't know where she was . I waited but didn't see her and thought she must have already passed me so started real slow and jsut then she wlaked past the van in front of me and down the road right on the road line. I thought of myGod, I can't take this dog, I don't have anywhere to put it because my neighbors would throw a fit and I would get in trouble etc etc. But I couldn't leave it to get killed whihc is what was definitely going to happen at any minute. So I turned the van around and drove down the road very slow to make sure I didn't hit it. It was jsut walking right on the line of the road. I drove so slow I was barely moving because I wanted to make sure she didn't go in the road and get hit. There was a street coming up that I was going to pull into and get her. I put into the street and got out of the van and ran to the street jsut as she was getting to the street and called for her. She came right to me and I picked her up and put her in my front seat and she jsut sat there like it was the most normal thing in the world as I totally stressed out on what I was going to do with her. She had a collar but no tags. I pulled into my parking spot as I was talking to my friend on my boorrowed cell ranting about no where to keep the dog. I thought the only thing I can do is ask my animal loving neighbors in the subdivisin right by the condos if they would at least keep her until we can find her owners. I felt really bad because it was almost 12 midnight and I had to wake them up and ask them. Luckily they said no problem and I brought them some dog food and they kept her. Today I went over there and she had already foudn the dogs owner and they were so happy to get her back ! Turns out they ahd paid alot of money for her because she is a mold detecting dog. Here is her pic and story

http://mold-dog.com/PDF/news/o9x.%209-30-03%20WHAS11_TOP_BreakTheMold.pdf

I hope this link works.
Melissa

krazyaboutkatz
12-02-2006, 04:17 PM
Wow!!! I'm so glad that you were able to pick her up and that your neighbors could keep her until her owners were found. I'm glad that this story had a very happy ending.:) Did they offer you a reward for this?

catfamily
12-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Me and Mike both read this and just are so happy you were there to help that dog.Your a super caring person to do this.Especially with all you have on your plate.Between work...taking care of your own animals and feeding and caring for the others at your friends.It just never ends.

catmandu
12-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Thats great that you were able to reunite that Dog with his Guardians.
That must have relieved them so much, and saved them from a night of worry.
The Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad must have let that Dog know that you would get him safely home.