PDA

View Full Version : Labradorkie?

wolf_Q
12-01-2006, 04:23 PM
I've seen plenty of "designer" breed names, but seriously, labradorkie? :rolleyes: http://www.becin.com/pup/

Flatcoatluver
12-01-2006, 04:48 PM
:mad: Designer breeds are crazy but this is just pushing it! How can they even say that this dog won't shed when only 1/3 is poodle!!! Geesh I wonder how much this dog will cost, 1000, 2000, 3000?

borzoimom
12-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Do you mean lab and yorkie??? Are you serious??? I would like to know how uh that uh mating took place with the huge size difference.. ( or uh maybe I dont want to know..)

bckrazy
12-01-2006, 06:02 PM
I guess the female Lab was aritificially insemenated. But, still... why would they impregnate a "registered dock dog" by a freakin yorkiepoo? and why does it even matter if she's a dock dog, because the yorkiepoo in them probably won't be too great at the sport? =P stupid.

borzoimom
12-01-2006, 06:32 PM
My concern is having in a small dog, big dog genetics that would, if not spayed or neutered, produce puppies later for them too big to deliver.
This is getting sick... Several of the toy breed or some of the medium size breeds ( real breeds...) NOW cant deliver pups naturally.. So now some vet made a freak of nature?? We need to find out who the vet is and report that one to the medical authorities.

GreyhoundGirl
12-01-2006, 07:18 PM
*raises eyebrow. And after all the stupidity that goes into them, they look just like labs to me!

****** designer breeds... :(

*LabLoverKEB*
12-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Now this is just the stpuidest thing I've ever heard of... :rolleyes:

Karen
12-01-2006, 10:54 PM
They look like Labs without legs! Just ankles and feet!

YEs, they are cute, but this is not a "breed" folks, and I'll betcha a dollar they WILL shed. They are only 1/4 poodle, after all ... and some "Labradoodles" do shed, and they are "twice as much" poodle!

bluebird
12-01-2006, 11:19 PM
They look more like lab dachsund mixes with their short legs and long bodies. :rolleyes:

CatLuvrs
12-02-2006, 07:09 AM
Now this is just the stpuidest thing I've ever heard of... :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly! :rolleyes:

Love That Collie
12-02-2006, 07:32 AM
I've seen plenty of "designer" breed names, but seriously, labradorkie? :rolleyes: http://www.becin.com/pup/

Yikes! Is all that keeps popping into my mind as of right now. :eek:

Twisterdog
12-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Oooooohhhhhh, that's so pathetic.

Why, oh why, would anyone intentionally do that? Oh, never mind ... for the money. :(

But why, oh why, would anyone pay thousands of dollars for that? Seriously ... I have never understood that.

You can get a mixed breed dog at a shelter for $50. Make up a trendy, designer name for it if that's what floats your boat, and tell all your friends it's a "Rare, smooth-coated Australian golden border labrasnorkapooie". Whatever.

But don't buy a mixed breed dog from some backyard breeder who is intentionally bringing more mixed breed dogs into a world where tens of thousands of dogs already die every day. Please. Please adopt. Then call it whatever cutesy designer name you want.

TFTpwnsYou
12-02-2006, 11:59 AM
A "Rare, smooth-coated Australian golden border labrasnorkapooie". ROFL! Now THAT is one heck of a name!

I was shocked that there was only 2 pups since the mother was a lab which is a fairly good sized dog. But yeah, this is beyond me as well. Money money makes the world go round though. Sad but true. Never understood how people could buy into this little fad since dogs are not shoes or purses. I'm still wondering when it's all going to fade.

lute
12-04-2006, 12:46 AM
OMG! I've seen it all now! This is simply stupid! poor dogs having to be born into a world that may dump them at a shelter or worse. :(

borzoimom
12-04-2006, 08:25 AM
I want to know the vets name that this " first do no harm" and with the size difference in these breeds, that is obviously a serious possiblity. I mentioned it in a phone to my vet over the weekend on another matter, and I got a long pause- and a " I fail to see how this could be considered a action in the future to be of anything but a physical risk to the dogs." ( meaning giving birth etc.) Both of my vets were highly alarmed..
Sometimes with highly valuale show dogs ( meaning to their breed in genetics etc) they will artifically inseminate if the donor has pasted on, but it was stored. ( like they do with cows or stud racing horses). However this is to benefit the breed, like in breed, etc. This other situation borders a frankenstien experiment..

elizabethann
12-04-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm speechless.

BaileysMom
12-04-2006, 06:45 PM
I feel so sorry for the pups themselves.. regardless of how they entered the world or why.. poor things will probably only be bought for their 'title' not to a loving home like they deserve :(

borzoimom
12-04-2006, 07:54 PM
I feel so sorry for the pups themselves.. regardless of how they entered the world or why.. poor things will probably only be bought for their 'title' not to a loving home like they deserve :(
And bought and kept as a passing fad- meanwhile the dog lives a good 12 years or more..

K9karen
12-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Do you mean lab and yorkie??? Are you serious??? I would like to know how uh that uh mating took place with the huge size difference.. ( or uh maybe I dont want to know..)

The website said the vet performed magic....personally..I think a sofa was utilized!!!!! :D :D :D

*cringe* Oh Lord, what will they think up next??? :confused: