PDA

View Full Version : The scare of my life

catnapper
12-01-2006, 07:30 AM
I had the scare of my life this morning. Pouncer was laying on the bed looking quite... welll... he looked dead. He was belly-up head lolled ot the side. I reached out to pet his belly.... he was cold to the touch and there wasn't any reaction from him (he'll typically clamp my hand between 4 paws and bite me :rolleyes: ). OH MY GOD, I started to panic..... then I heard a slight purr. I guess with the valium, all his reactions are slow, but this scared me! He's now up and about, drinking from the betta's bowl. He's acting his normal self, and probably wondering why meowmie freaked out like she did.

I don't know what to do anymore. He's still having peeing issues but I can tell the valium is working as he's not trying to pee all day long. I heard him do a big pee yesterday so I know he's peeing.

kittycats_delight
12-01-2006, 07:39 AM
OMG Kim what a rush you must have gotten.

Pouncer don't do that to your meowmie.

Kim would it be possible to give him less of the valium and keep him relaxed but not SOOOOOOOOOOO relaxed?

catmandu
12-01-2006, 08:26 AM
That would have taken one of my nine lives, thinking that Pouncer had passed on.
Thats scray as you may think twice if valium can slow down a fairly young Cat like that.
We are so relieved that Pouncer is all right, and back to his old self.

Zippy
12-01-2006, 08:49 AM
I whould have paniced too.They can scare you can't they.
I didn't know you had a betta.

Sonia59
12-01-2006, 05:53 PM
What scary! I can't imagine how you felt for a moment!
Perhaps the dose should be reduced??

Abby&Buddy'sMom
12-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Yikes!! That would have scared the daylights out of me too :eek: .
It is so good to hear Pouncer is doing ok now...thank goodness.

catnapper
12-01-2006, 07:39 PM
The dose he's on is the reduced dose. He's supposed to get a whole pill and I've been giving him a half pill. Poor boy.

kittycats_delight
12-01-2006, 07:42 PM
The dose he's on is the reduced dose. He's supposed to get a whole pill and I've been giving him a half pill. Poor boy.

LOL oh the poor boy. He just can't handle the strong stuff huh? Pouncer seems to he the king of easily.

Easily stressed

and of course

easily stoned !! :p

kimlovescats
12-01-2006, 11:25 PM
I would have freaked too! I guess he wondered why you disturbed his very peaceful sleep! Poor little guy! It's a shame he has to be drugged out to feel calm though. I'm sorry I don't have any advice, but I am so relieved that he got up and acted normal again!

Kim

Mcat
12-01-2006, 11:26 PM
is taking prozac and it works wonderfully. She no longer pees on the rug. We have her meds compounded into fish-flavored treats, and I have to mince them up and mix them with food. She still won't be touched, looked at or talked to.

What a horrible scare you had. Gave me chills.

rg_girlca
12-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Oh Kim, how scary that must have been for you. I pray that Pouncer gets over his peeing issues soon.