PDA

View Full Version : So much pain I want to throw up!

caseysmom
11-30-2006, 04:40 PM
I know what a title...my shoulder started hurting a few days ago, I cried last night it hurts so bad. I went to the doctor and got some prescription motrin, muscle relaxers and tomorrow I start physical therapy.

I asked my doctor if I could put it in a sling it hurts so bad and he said don't do that you may get frozen shoulder. I guess it is bursitis, tendinitis or a pinched nerve....getting old is not for wimps!

Dorothy39
11-30-2006, 04:47 PM
So sorry to hear about all of your PAIN!!!

I sure do hope that your medication and Your Physical Therapy Helps!!!

Hang in there!!!! Getting older is not for wimps indeed!!!

{{{HUGS}}}} too!!!

borzoimom
11-30-2006, 04:48 PM
OUCH!!! Are the pills working? I am so sorry to hear this.. I will put you in my prayers.

caseysmom
11-30-2006, 04:50 PM
The motrin helps a bit...I wanted something better but no such luck. Maybe when I am home for the night and won't need to drive the muscle relaxor will help, I am not suppose to take it during the day.

It was funny because I slept on the couch so I could have support for my should, I was laying there moaning and groaning and Casey just knew, she wouldn't leave my side.

borzoimom
11-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Bag the driving, and take the pills. I am so sorry you are in such pain. Take the pills even if you think you dont need them at the time to get it into your system. Do you have a heating pad? would that help??? Or a wet washcloth under a plastic sealed heating pad to make moist heat?

caseysmom
11-30-2006, 04:57 PM
I have to take my daughter to her sport tonight otherwise I would just go home she really can't miss she is missing Saturday for her volunteer work at the spca.

The heating pad helped last night.

Logan
11-30-2006, 04:59 PM
I know your pain, all too well. I have had the shoulder issue (bursitis...sp?) and herniated disks in my neck. It hurts like nothing else that I have every experienced, including having a baby, naturally.

You need something stronger, if you can totally stay at home and relax. My doctor got to the point of Valium for me, but only if I stayed put on my couch and didn't have to drive. He said resting and applying the heat and cold compresses, periodically, was the only way I would heal. I think he was right.

I do hope you will get relief, soon.

Logan

borzoimom
11-30-2006, 05:00 PM
I have to take my daughter to her sport tonight otherwise I would just go home she really can't miss she is missing Saturday for her volunteer work at the spca.

The heating pad helped last night.
Can you wet a wash cloth in warm almost but not quite hot, then wrap a zip lock bag around the heating pad to protect it and you from electricity? When I broke my leg and had a plate put it in, I used the really good zip lock bags with hot water, with a moist wash cloth for moist heat and to protect from the heat of the bag. That worked too.

chocolatepuppy
11-30-2006, 05:16 PM
I've had bursitis before, it really hurts bad. I hope you can work out a schedule around your pills so you won't be in so much pain. :(

kimlovescats
11-30-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry you are hurting so bad! I hope the medication will kick in soon!

Hugs,
Kim

dukedogsmom
11-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Can chiropractors help with something like this? If you haven't tried one, maybe that's a possibility. I hope you get rid of the pain soon. I've never had that and it sounds like I should hope I never get it.

GreyhoundGirl
11-30-2006, 07:07 PM
oh, ((gentle hugs)) :(

catnapper
11-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Yikes! It sounds just awful. Take care of yourself, I hope the therapy works.

luvofallhorses
11-30-2006, 08:53 PM
I am sorry! :( I hope you feel better soon! :) (((HUGS)))

caseysmom
11-30-2006, 09:33 PM
They got me in for physical therapy first thing in the morning....pretty good for Kaiser....actually the prescription motrin are working pretty good right now...

I'll try the hot wet cloth...

Lobodeb
11-30-2006, 11:14 PM
I'm sorry your in so much pain.

Ever consider chiropractic? What about Bubba kisses? Maggy says those work wonders! ;)

Get well soon!

caseysmom
11-30-2006, 11:41 PM
Debby...Bubba is always my velcro boy and he always gives sweet kisses...they sure do help.

I actually feel a lot better tonight than I did last night, last night it was just unbearable. I think these huge horse pills are doing the trick.

I have never gone to a chiropracter, I do have it covered under my insurance...actually my daughter went we she was 12 when she was doing gymnastics.

borzoimom
11-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Dogs are the best heating pads known to man kind! lol..
I do sincerely hope you feel better. I know muscle to bone pain can be excruciating!

Daisy and Delilah
12-01-2006, 06:19 AM
OUCH!!! This sounds awful. I hope you get some relief soon. You're right.....old age isn't for wimps!! :(

ramanth
12-01-2006, 08:26 AM
I am so sorry you are in pain. :( *gentle hugs*

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Had this years ago, and got cortizone-shots IN it!! Hurted like hell, but very appropriate!
Good luck!!

borzoimom
12-01-2006, 09:52 AM
How do you feel today? Any better?

caseysmom
12-01-2006, 09:53 AM
I am leaving for physical therapy in a bit. I was okay last night then woke up at 1:30 in the morning in extreme pain...took more motrin...I think I am taking it 6 times a day and they said to take it 3 times a day....hey who needs a liver right?

Thanks for asking.

borzoimom
12-01-2006, 10:05 AM
With my bone surgery in my leg they said up to 800 mg ( 4 200's or one 800) every 6 hours. Ask them about it. I am not sure if it was because it was bone surgery or what. I dont remember much though- I slept.. lol..
I am glad you had a little better night. That is painful! My husband has bouts with this.

krazyaboutkatz
12-01-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you're in so much pain.:( I can relate because I injured myself when I was painting. I also hurt my left shoulder and my whole left arm also hurts. My right shoulder is only slightly hurt. I also have Kaiser and went to the doctor and to physical therapy about 5 times. I was on pain meds for a little while but then even they didn't help. The physical therapy didn't seem to help me either so I decided to go get a professional massage.

I got a regular massage which really seemed to help me because it helped with my circulation. I then decided to have a deep tissue massage but this didn't help very much. This has been going on since August and I've just learned to live with the pain. It's much worse at night. It sure does suck getting old.

I hope that the physical therapy will be able to help you and you won't have to suffer with the pain like me. Please take care. I saw a commercial about a product that's supposed to help you with pain. There are also several websites about it. I'm still kind of skeptical though but have considered ordering it. It's called light relief and here's the website: light relief (http://www.drnelsonclinic.com/light_relief.htm).

lizbud
12-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Sorry to hear you've been feeling so lousy.I hope that between the
motrin & the therapy you can get this pain under control soon.

caseysmom
12-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Well the physical therapist feel that it is for sure bursitis. He suggested I get a cortizone shot, I have a call into my physican to get this.

He gave me some excercizes to do to help but there isn't a whole lot that can be done. I guess the bursa gets inflammed and it needs to calm down, apparantly icing it will help...which doesn't feel good at all.

Marigold2
12-01-2006, 01:47 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your pain. I have a pinched nerve, artristis and bonespurs. The pain some days is horrible. PT does help. I went to several DR's but the PT was the most helpful. Good Luck to you.

anna_66
12-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear this:( I know how bad shoulder pain can be. I've been to pt a few times myself.
I hope you can get the shot and it helps you feel better.

((HUGS))

My Peanuts
12-01-2006, 03:10 PM
I am so sorry. I know the feeling. The worst pain I've ever felt was last year when I hurt my back (no kids yet!) It made me cry and I was 'doped' up on pain meds for about a month. I hated those pills, but it was the only way it felt a little better.

My thoughts are with you. I hope you feel better soon.

caseysmom
12-01-2006, 07:21 PM
I have an appt next Tuesday for a cortizone shot...hope I make it through the weekend...

I am kind of afraid...has anyone had a cortizone shot? Normal shots don't bother me but this sounds a bit scary....

borzoimom
12-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Well- I have had two- and two different doctors. The first one burned, the second hit the spot and a split second burn, barely enough to notice but relief was obvious so fast. I will say one thing- hurt or not, how you feel afterwards is SO WORTH IT!