PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 188 - Dig out the Christmas decorations!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Well, Mario, looks like it's just you and me for now kid!!!

Let's dig out the Christmas decorations. I'll put some hot chocolate on and we can have hot chocolate and cookies after we sort through all these things!!!

Yes, you can help decorate. Who else would do the high brances of the tree? :D

Killearn Kitties
11-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Hi MOFF, I'll join you in a hot chocolate. The rain outside seems torrential, and puts an end to a record-breaking month for wetness! Lovely. I'll sit in front of the fire, I think.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-30-2006, 01:03 PM
It's snowing here. It just started. Hot chocolate just seems to be what is needed!!! :D

RedHedd
11-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Ooh! Hot chocolate! Perfect. I was at Rite Aid last night and almost picked up .... Snowman Peeps! Gini, yes, I was thinking of you! How about we roast some Peeps over the fire or float a Peep snowman head on my hot chocolate :D Yumm! That's the ticket :p

Russian Blue
11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
I'll have some hot chocolate. Do you have any of those little marshmallows? How about chocolate sprinkles?

It's such a grey day in Toronto with all the rain. But snow is on its way. I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad at that thought? Hmmmm...:confused:

I'll start by untangling the lights for the tree. Mario, we need to put the lights on the tree not hang them off you silly!

cyber-sibes
11-30-2006, 02:15 PM
ouuuu, hot chocolate! Perfect on this drizzly day. I'm afraid our sunshine is gone, supposed to get really cold this weekend. Could I have a peephead or two in my hot chocolate? They're so cute! I'll pop some corn and string it for the tree, anybody care to join me? :o

davidpizzica
11-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Oh, Connie hot chocolate will hit the spot! I think I'm a tall enough guy to reach the top branches or I'll get Orc to boost me up. My arms still work even though my artificial knee is on the fritz! Mario, are you trying to imitate my limping?

momoffuzzyfaces
11-30-2006, 03:21 PM
Sorry about your knee problems David. I hope the doctors can fix you up.

Everyone you all can have your hot chocolate any ole way you want it, even with a drop of brandy if you want. Pass the peeps and popcorn!!! :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
11-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Hey can I have some hot cocoa too please? I'll start making the cookies to go with the hot cocoa. Where is that gingerbread man recipe?

Yes Mario you can help decorate as long as the decorations end up on the gingerbread men and not all over the bar.

Logan
11-30-2006, 03:28 PM
This Thursday is surely more quiet than ones in the past!!!

The best news is that Connie still has power! Woo Hoo! Snow is one thing, but ice and things that make the power go out are another and you need your power, Connie!! :)

I'll do something cool, even if it is ice water. It is still quite warm in SC, although I know things are going to change tomorrow.

Logan

RedHedd
11-30-2006, 03:29 PM
We had chocolate covered popcorn in the kitchen at our office today. Needless to say, it didn't last long, but sure was yummy!

Ooh! Lookie! A Gingerbread Monkey! Very nice, Mario! No, don't bite his head off! :D :rolleyes: :p

davidpizzica
11-30-2006, 03:35 PM
No. Mario! Cherries and/or cherry pits do not belong on gingerbread men!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Ooo that gingerbread smells wonderful!!!

It's snowing so hard out, I can hardly see even the edge of the porch. What a storm!!! I think we have a new storm of the century for sure because it's going to effect so many people.

I brought a wreath for our front door. It's battery operated and can burn steady or twinkle. I always use the twinkle myself. I just added the bear in the middle. It also has a light sensor so we won't have to worry about turning it off and on. Here it is:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_wreath000_1365.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/wreath000_1365.jpg)

Karen
11-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Haul out the holly
Put up the tree before my
Spirits fall again
Slice up the fruit cake
We may be rushing things but - deck the halls again now ...
Cause we neeeed a little Christmas
Right this very minute
Candles in the window
Carols at the spinnet, yes we
Need a little Christmas
Right this very minute,
Need a little Christmas now!

(Yes there are other verses, but this pops into my head every time I see the title of this thread!)

Yes, Mario - you can help decorate the gingerbread critters now that they are all cool! No, that camel does NOT need three eyes, yes, I am sure.

Dorothy39
11-30-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh Moff, I could hear all the singing, and I could see the light from the wreath!!

It's so warm and wonderful here~So like the Christmas I need to see!!!

Do I smell Gingerbread? :eek: Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow~

We certainly Need a Little Christmas!!( sits down to a cup of Hot Chocolate)

cyber-sibes
11-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Well, some of these popcorn garlands are ready - maybe David can string them up since he's tall? I'm afraid that if Mario helps, they would never make it onto the tree!

Lady's Human
12-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Ummmm....

Someone get the frosting off of Mario before it dries and he turns into a monkey statuette!

I'll take an Irish, please. Light on the coffee heavy on the Irish!

davidpizzica
12-01-2006, 10:46 AM
LH, I think I can reach the top branches and with a little help from Orc reach up and and put the star on top. If we let Mario loose with the strings of popcorn all we'll have left are strings!!

trayi52
12-01-2006, 11:03 AM
David, you are so right, do not let Mario have the string of popcorn! We all know how much he loves popcorn. :eek: All that would be left is just string!! So beware of Mario!!

By the way, how is everyone today?? Hope you are all feeling good today, please say yes, and no maybes!

Is there anymore hot chocolate left? If so, I would love some! I can get it myself.

Willie :)

gini
12-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Oh no! You all are eating PEEPHEADS - how could you?

It's all or nothing if you are a peep. Be careful, don't let them sit too close to the fire and the popcorn.............what a mess - and Mario would love it!

Hot chocolate.....yummm..........

MOFF, sure glad that you have electricity and you can stay warm.
The weather outside is frightful as the saying goes.

Willy - YES - this is a good day - no ifs, ands or maybes about it.

Logan
12-01-2006, 11:27 AM
I miss Richard. :( Where is he???

This is a good day, Willy!! :) It's Friday at Thursdays!!!! :confused:

I have a husband who is out of town and won't be home until tomorrow evening. I will have his kids this afternoon, but he is not here to be with them. BUT, I have my sweet Helen, who is doing great, and 4 dogs (one foster boy), Butter, the darling birds and Otto to keep me moving!!! :) It is a good day. My job is good, my house is a mess, my yard is a bigger mess, but in the scheme of things, life is pretty darned good. If we could just get Scott home and not away six nights at a time, it would be perfect.

Happy Friday, my friends.

Logan

momoffuzzyfaces
12-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Here is a pic of our snowstorm for those who like snow:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_snowstorm000_1406.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/snowstorm000_1406.jpg)

This was when the storm was just getting started good. That's my little redbud tree in the background. We had 13 or 14 inches.
I'm ready for spring!!!

Randi
12-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Aww MOFF, what a wonderful layer of snow you're getting, I can picture it. I'm ready for some snow. :) We haven't had any yet, but ... it was colder today! I've hardly had time to think about Christmas, but now that I saw your wreath, I think I'll find mine and put on the door. ;)

At work I decorated a Christmas tree, together with the girl I work with - and we got chocolade, wine and flowers. :)

I don't think I've ever had gingerbread, but I'd like try it, along with a Wiener Merenge coffee - and I'll sit by the fire and probably fall asleep. ;)

RedHedd
12-01-2006, 03:01 PM
I heard on the news this morning that they have closed some schools and are calling it a snow day in Los Angeles as the temps have dropped ALL THE WAY DOWN to 50 degress Fahrenheit! :rolleyes: Yes, we are weather wimps here in Cali, but that really does take the cake, doesn't it?

I'll have a hot chocolate and am going to go look for my Muk Luks :D

catland
12-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Hi everybody. I could sure use some of that hot chocolate to cheer me up. I think I'll sit by the fire for a while.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Another round of hot chocolate is on the way. It will taste good after the 2 and 1/2 hour nap I just took. :eek:

Oggyflute
12-01-2006, 06:44 PM
G'day all,
Would love to have a drop of chocolate, with a splash of Moff's brandy. :D
All that snow :eek: It's 35 degC downunder, with humidity at about 90%. :eek:

Lady'sOtherHuman
12-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Haul out the holly
Put up the tree before my
Spirits fall again
Slice up the fruit cake
We may be rushing things but - deck the halls again now ...
Cause we neeeed a little Christmas
Right this very minute
Candles in the window
Carols at the spinnet, yes we
Need a little Christmas
Right this very minute,
Need a little Christmas now!

(Yes there are other verses, but this pops into my head every time I see the title of this thread!)

Yes, Mario - you can help decorate the gingerbread critters now that they are all cool! No, that camel does NOT need three eyes, yes, I am sure.

This song reminds me of the Muppet Family Christmas when they're all riding in the truck on their way to Fozzy's mom's for Christmas. :D

zippy-kat
12-02-2006, 02:58 PM
I have the Muppet Show Theme Song set as the ringer on my phone. lol :o

Alright, ya'll ready to *groan*.... Someone told this one to me yesterday...

So, there's this guy named Rudolph and he's Russian so they call him Rudolph the Red. One night, he's eating dinner with his wife when he looks out the window and says, "It's raining." His wife looks out and says, "No Rudolph. That's snow." The guy replies, "Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear."

Yeah, yeah... boo, hiss, groan and all that! :D

Cinder & Smoke
12-02-2006, 03:40 PM
So, there's this guy named Rudolph and he's Russian so they call him Rudolph the Red.
One night, he's eating dinner with his wife when he looks out the window and says, "It's raining."
His wife looks out and says, "No Rudolph. That's snow."

The guy replies, "Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear."
:D

<*snark*>
:D

That one kinda grows on ya!

:p

momoffuzzyfaces
12-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Gosh, I miss one afternoon and you all run amok!!! ;)

Been watching the neighbor kid dig my sidewalk out, bless his sweet little heart!!! He cleared the entire sidewalk too, not just a tiny path. I paid him handsomely to encourage more such behavior!!! It was worth every dollar to me. The snow is way over my knees; knees that with the arthritis they have, need not be exposed to freezing snow. I was so miserable last night after trying to dig out myself that I could hardly stand it.

Another round of hot chocolate plus some rice crispie treats if any one wants! :D

Mario have you been good today? I'm sure you have!!! ;) :D

davidpizzica
12-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Gosh, I miss one afternoon and you all run amok!!! ;)

Been watching the neighbor kid dig my sidewalk out, bless his sweet little heart!!! He cleared the entire sidewalk too, not just a tiny path. I paid him handsomely to encourage more such behavior!!! It was worth every dollar to me. The snow is way over my knees; knees that with the arthritis they have, need not be exposed to freezing snow. I was so miserable last night after trying to dig out myself that I could hardly stand it.

Another round of hot chocolate plus some rice crispie treats if any one wants! :D

Mario have you been good today? I'm sure you have!!! ;) :D
Connie, I'll go along with you on that knee pain! Not even store-bought knees should be exposed to snow! Hot chocolate over here and the rice krispies are delicious! (glad they're cyber!)

RedHedd
12-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Ooh! Rice Krispie treats! Got a great idea from one of my food boards - mix some green food coloring in with the marshmallow stuff and use cornflakes instead of Rice Krispies to make Christmas Wreaths! Use Red Hots for "berries"

Oh Mario! Your wreath looks so pretty, but you're not supposed to use cherry pits! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

gini
12-03-2006, 04:32 PM

;) :D

Now that makes such a nice Christmas story..........bless his sweet little heart for sure!

MOFF, do you have his name and address that you could p/m me and I could send him a Christmas card thank you - it could just be a surprise and he doesn't need to know who it is from?

I love doing anonymous things at Christmas time.

Mario - now what are you doing to my cup of hot chocolate? Ohhh, I NEEDED MORE MARSHMALLOWS????:D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Sorry, gini, I just know his first name and that he lives beside me. Not much help.

Anyone want to make some fudge? My favorite is peanutbutter but I've never met a fudge I didn't like!!! Of course, all fudge eaten in December is guarenteed to not put an ounce on you!!! ;)

RICHARD
12-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Hi everyone...

Let's get a community DONE! to get up to speed?

Thanks for starting up the thread.

Has anyone seen the Curious George commercial?

The tag line is "You can't give a monkey a latte!" or somesuch..

We can and We DO!

DONE!

Dorothy39
12-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone...

Let's get a community DONE! to get up to speed?

Thanks for starting up the thread.

Has anyone seen the Curious George commercial?

The tag line is "You can't give a monkey a latte!" or somesuch..

We can and We DO!

DONE!

I'll check out that Curious George commercial, pronto!!!( That Monkey cracks me up to this day)

Yes, we Can and we DO!!!

DONE!!! ( That word reminds me of YOU!!!) :D