PDA

View Full Version : my chihuahua puppy is favoring leg

mr.chiwawa
11-29-2006, 08:39 PM
This one both confuses me and worries me. My chihuahua puppy was fine all day then when my dad came over to play with him he was ok until near the end the dog spun himself in a different manner after doing so he screamed like hell. I picked him up and rubbed his right front leg and it seemed out. After my dad went home I took out the dog one more time before bed. He went and even ran up the porch stairs came in and went to jump into his bed and made the same sound agian. So again I picked him up and rubbed it he seems ok but now he is favoring it. Right now i have heat on it and going to see how he is tomarrow. My mom says to wait till friday they think its just a pull or a pinch I was wondering if anyone had any other thoughts Thanks :confused:

luvofallhorses
11-29-2006, 11:06 PM
he must have strained it. please take him to the vet to make sure it's nothing serious! :)

Daisy and Delilah
11-30-2006, 05:17 AM
I'm sorry to hear this. Poor little guy. I have two Chis and it kills me to see them having problems of any kind. My Daisy(white one) has a luxated patella in her back, left leg. Her leg appears to be bowed when she walks but the vet says she's ok for now without surgery. I feel so sorry for her but she just keeps moving along and doesn't appear to be in pain.

It sounds like your little pup may have strained himself like Krista said. I completely agree with her that the little guy needs to see a vet asap. Leaving it unattended could cause further damage and you sure don't want to see that.

Welcome to Pet Talk and I hope your baby gets well. Keep us posted :)

Terry, Daisy and Delilah :)