PDA

View Full Version : muttlurks all weather dog boots

sanford8916
11-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Does anyone have muttluks dog boots? Lou Lou has some type of allergy on her feet and she will not stop licking them so the vet suggested that we get her some boots and change her food from Nutro Lamb and rice to Eukanuba Response KO for 8 weeks and then if that doesn't work to switch her to another kind of food(I think something with fish in it) and if that doesn't work we will need to start the allergy testing. Petsmart only had three style of boots to choose from and the Muttluks seemed like they fit her the best and I felt like they should stay on. Hopefully her feet will start to get better with a few changes in her diet! She doesn't seem to be bothering the boots so she shouldn't be licking her feet anymore! Her tummy is healing nicely from the spay now only 6 days until she can run and jump, she is hates staying in the house all the time and not rough playing with Winchester. She has behaved alot better than I expected without any excerise for 8 days so far.

Thanks,
Heather

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-29-2006, 08:35 PM
First of all, if your dog is allergic to Nutro I highly doubt she's going to get any better with Eukanuba. Both of those foods are notorious for causing allergic reactions in dogs, Euk. being the worst of the two. If you can, I'd try and find something such as California Natural as it is a very simply food (www.naturapet.com has a store locator) and was made for dogs with allergies. You won't find any premium brands in PetsMart. You'll probably have to go to a small petstore. I'm not trying to turn this into a food debate, but am trying to help find a food that will help your Lou Lou with her allergies and the two foods you mentioned are not going to help at all..

As far as muttluks go, I've never used them on my dogs but I've heard from many people that they're really good. Good luck, and I hope you're able to get her allergies under control soon. :)

borzoimom
11-29-2006, 08:43 PM
Or eagle holistic, ... Timberwolf, Solid gold..

sanford8916
11-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks. Will check those brands out and hope we find something that works for Lou Lou and we don't have to do the allergy testing! :D

borzoimom
11-29-2006, 08:56 PM
nor buy the boots.. And make her happier. Try lamb and rice ... Get off chicken.

areias
11-29-2006, 10:37 PM
There's also Wellness which is sold at Pet Supermarket, if you can't find the others. They have a low allergen formula, and it's a bit cheaper.

sanford8916
12-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Both dogs are now one California Natural Herring and sweet potato! Lou Lou has two sets of boot, which are helping to keep her from licking her paws and she has adjusted to wearing them very quickly.(new 2 for when one pair gets wet we can switch them!) Her paws are starting to look better. Hopefully this food will help, they both ate it right up like they were getting a treat. It's been hard not giving them any treats, but we have to give the food a fair chance to work. I bought a couple cans of salmon and potato, just incase she needs any medicine. Thanks for the help. An extra bonus was, I only had to pay $35 for a 36lb bag instead of the whopping $53 for a 30lb bag of Eukanuba!

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-06-2006, 07:24 PM
That's great! California Natural does take a good month or so though before you start to see any results and to get the dogs' systems adjusted to a richer food. Once they're adjusted to it though, you will hopefully see wonderful results!

TamanduaGirl
12-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Quasi used to have itchy feet then we moved and it stopped. Sometimes it's not the food but it's good to start there.

borzoimom
12-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Both dogs are now one California Natural Herring and sweet potato! Lou Lou has two sets of boot, which are helping to keep her from licking her paws and she has adjusted to wearing them very quickly.(new 2 for when one pair gets wet we can switch them!) Her paws are starting to look better. Hopefully this food will help, they both ate it right up like they were getting a treat. It's been hard not giving them any treats, but we have to give the food a fair chance to work. I bought a couple cans of salmon and potato, just incase she needs any medicine. Thanks for the help. An extra bonus was, I only had to pay $35 for a 36lb bag instead of the whopping $53 for a 30lb bag of Eukanuba!
That food is not available here, but I have heard good things about it. It also sure does solve the problem of getting off of chicken. Chicken allergies are pretty common, and also hard to avoid in a commercial diet. However- your choice is a very good one!!! Good job!!! :D