PDA

View Full Version : Precious's Ouchy Ear!

catmandu
11-29-2006, 05:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats541.jpg
I am a little worried as it looks as though she has worked the stitches loose, thus the droopy ear.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats537.jpg
I hope its not serious.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats539.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats538.jpg
PLEASE PRAY FOR MY PRECIOUS LITTLE ONE.

Zippy
11-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Prayers on the way for Precious.Precious you have to stop ichting on your ear for a while intil it is all better.

kimlovescats
11-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Gary, she might just end up with a droopy ear like my Dexter. He had surgery and left his stitches alone, but it still stayed bent. It gives him character though! Precious will still be her beautiful self even if her ear stays bent!

K & L
11-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Here's hoping Precious heals and is better soon!

Freedom
11-29-2006, 08:24 PM
I hope that ear keeps healing and the meds help.

And Kim, it is NOT a "droopy" ear! Didn't those cats teach you anything? That is definitely tilt, not droop. As in tilt a whirl rides at the amusement park. Or when a plane is turning. It is a signal of where the cat is going next; or not, if it is a ruse to confuse anyone looking. You just never know, with a cat! :D

rg_girlca
11-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Gary, is there a way that the vet can put another e-collar on her that will stay? Poor Precious. Her ear looks painful.

Prayers on the way that she leaves her ear alone and lets it heal properly.

This must be so hard on you Gary to see her like this.

((((((HUGS)))))) to your friend.

CultureJunky
11-30-2006, 05:24 AM
Ouch, Precious's ear looks so sore and painful. Perhaps you could make a home made collar for her to wear to stop her from touching it.
Sunny has a crinkled ear from a haematoma(Can't remember how to spell it sorry!) which she had before we adopted her. You can see her crinkled ear in the photo below.
I think Precious needs something though from the vets it's obviously bothering her so badly.
I'm praying for Precious and Jack & Sunny are sending happy feet and purrs her way :)_

catmandu
11-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Seeing Dexter and Sunny makes me feel a little better.
There are worse things than a crinkled ear.
I have tried to figure out how the collar goes on, but I cant.
And putting the collar on a stubborn, wiry Cat may not be as easy as you may think.
Shes small but strong.
Precious and I Thank You for Your Prayers and Good Wishes!!

cassiesmom
11-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Gary, she might just end up with a droopy ear like my Dexter. He had surgery and left his stitches alone, but it still stayed bent. It gives him character though! Precious will still be her beautiful self even if her ear stays bent!

My fur-nephew Tabby has a crooked ear from where he was frostbitten. It definitely gives him character. Please, Precious, please try to leave your ear alone till it heals. Catmandu, is there a cat equivalent of Tylenol or Benadryl that you could give her to relieve her pain or itching? Prayers and [[[hugs]]] for sweet Precious =^..^= from Cassie and her personal servant

Lizzie
11-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Benadryl can be given to cats, but it's for allergies, I don't know that it would work on a wound that was itching as it healed.

Good luck with Precious, Gary. I hope the vet can fit another collar on her, or you can. Figuring out those e-collars is not easy at first. I put them on back to front, with the loops on the wrong side, and all kinds of ways before I figured it out.

catfamily
11-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Prayers on the way Gary for poor Precious and her ear :(

kimlovescats
11-30-2006, 02:36 PM
I hope that ear keeps healing and the meds help.

And Kim, it is NOT a "droopy" ear! Didn't those cats teach you anything? That is definitely tilt, not droop. As in tilt a whirl rides at the amusement park. Or when a plane is turning. It is a signal of where the cat is going next; or not, if it is a ruse to confuse anyone looking. You just never know, with a cat! :D

I stand corrected! :p