PDA

View Full Version : I'm a student again!

Uabassoon
11-29-2006, 04:41 PM
I've been wanting to go back to school for a while now but I couldn't figure out what I wanted to study. For the past year I've really been interested in management and I want to move with the company that I'm currently working at. While I don't need a degree in management to move up I know that it will be good to have any ways and plus I'll like knowing that I'm not stuck at my job and I have other options if I want.

I'm registered and ready to start this spring, my major will be business management. I'm only taking 9 credit hours since I'm working full time, maybe once I feel I can handle it I will take more. I'm taking introduction to computers which should be a breeze, especially since I'm taking it as an online class! Anyone else see the humor in that? :D My other two classes are economics and accounting, so if anyone here is good at those subjects I'm sure I'll be asking for help!

kimlovescats
11-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Congratulations! I'm proud of you for seeking to continue your education! :D

caseysmom
11-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Congratulations! Accounting...I sure wasn't good at that, that was my husband's major though.

Edwina's Secretary
11-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Going to my alma mater? Is it still called BPA? (Business and Public Administration)...I'll be looking for you in my alumni newsletter.... :D

ANd yes...an "on-line" course -- intro to computers is very funny... when I took computers as a part of my undergraduate....we had to punch cards to write a program... :p

Uabassoon
11-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Going to my alma mater? Is it still called BPA? (Business and Public Administration)...I'll be looking for you in my alumni newsletter.... :D

Right now I'm taking classes at Pima since I have so many intro classes to get out of the way. I should be able to finish my associates in about a year and a half, maybe a year if I decide to take more credits in the future semesters. After that I think I'm going to go to NAU as they have a program down here for Business Management which I think will be easier for me since I still plan on working 40 hrs a week.

Pembroke_Corgi
11-29-2006, 05:54 PM
That's great!! I'm sure a degree in management will go far. I wish you luck! :D

RockyRoad
11-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Wow, business management, how exciting! I would go into business as well if I wasn't so set on dentistry. Good for you, I wish you lots of luck! :)

wolflady
11-29-2006, 05:57 PM
That's really great Laura, congrats on going back to school! :)

I actually miss my college days...more often than not lately. I think I really would like to go back to get my masters or an MBA, but working and going to school is definitely tough. 9 credit hours will keep you pretty busy, I'm sure!

Good luck! :)

**hugs**

cyber-sibes
11-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Congratulations! Going back to school is a wonderful thing!

Logan
11-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Laura, I think this is terrific!!!! Best of luck to you as you begin this process! I just hope it doesn't take up so much time that you don't have time for us! ;)

Barbara
11-30-2006, 04:06 AM
Laura, congratulations- I always think you should go for the highest degree in education that you can manage to get :D

Good luck!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-30-2006, 04:28 AM
Wow Laura, I really admire you for that!!! Good luck :)

Killearn Kitties
11-30-2006, 07:20 AM
Good for you! It's a great idea and I wish you the best of luck. :D

JenBKR
11-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Congratulations! I know that making that decision isn't very easy - good for you! Good luck!

Russian Blue
11-30-2006, 10:05 AM
That's great Laura! Education always opens more jobs and options. I'm looking to return to school as well. But first, I need to figure out my finances. ;)