PDA

View Full Version : Christmas lights.

jenluckenbach
11-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Since I have over a dozen cats, there are NO lights or decorations inside my home, for the holidays. That's OK, because the truth is not only do I HATE to decorate, I hate un-decorating even more. :rolleyes:

Add that to the fact that for the past 4 years (yes, it has been that long) I have not put up any lights or decorations OUTSIDE either. :( [something I did use to do]
And last year I did not even send out 1 Christmas card. :( [depression can do that to a person]

But now on to the GOOD news! Today I decorated for Christmas! :D (see attached photo). I bought new things and took the time to set them up.
Since my front yard is small, I am totally limited to what I can do, but I think it looks quite nice. (simple, but festive)

OH, AND I HAVE A NICE STACK OF CARDS WAITING TO BE MAILED. ;)

Karen
11-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Very festive! Thanks for sharing!

Freedom
11-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Wow, with that build up, I didn't expect to see as much as I do, it really looks nice and welcoming when you come home.

I know what you mean about cats and decorations, I bet everyone on this forum does. I just really enjoy the music. We have 2 radio stations already playing holiday music 'round the clock. When I get sick of the commercials, I put on my CDs. That and a nice furry purring machine in my lap always make me feel happy and festive!

kimlovescats
11-28-2006, 05:24 PM
WOW, Jen, that is beautiful!!!! Great job! Now don't you feel more full of the Spirit???

Hugs,
Kim :D

Logan
11-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Good for you, Jen!!!! :) I haven't done a single thing and haven't been able to get myself in the spirit, yet, this year. I don't know whether it is the sadness that sets in when I realize that Zipper and Mimi aren't here, or whether it is concern over some other things happening in our life, right now, or just lack of time. We were gone over the Thanksgiving holiday, so I couldn't have done it then, but maybe with all this inspiration from the rest of you, I will get myself in gear and try to bring some Christmas spirit into this house.

It looks terrific!

Logan

catmandu
11-28-2006, 07:40 PM
I dont put anything up on the outside of the house and have no tree inside.
I would rather get the Found Cats thier Fancy Feast and Temptations that spend a lot on things noone will see.
I never have Company save for the Porch Cats and they will love that they will have Fancy Feast for Cat Mas!
And maybe a little Deli Chicken for ALL!
Even me.

Pam
11-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Very very pretty! ;) And what's even better is you didn't have to freeze your you know what off doing that. Isn't this weather crazy warm? Gone are the days of having a tree inside here too. I just have a small fiber optic tree (since getting Andy ten years ago) and he still manages to try and gnaw on it. At least there are no ornaments to knock off or light strings to tug on. :rolleyes:

catnapper
11-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Looks awesome Jen!!!

I for one am opposite this year. I typically have all my decorating done by now. Not this year. I typically have sent out all my handmade cards a few days ago... I haven't even planned on what my cards will be this year :(

krazyaboutkatz
11-29-2006, 12:59 AM
Wow! It looks fantastic Jen.:) I used to decorate quite a bit but I don't bother to put much up since I've had cats. I do enjoy sending out Christmas cards though and will be doing this very soon.:)

orangemm
11-29-2006, 02:54 AM
Good job, Jen! Now, don't you feel more festive?

We decorated our whole house this past weekend and it does help with the Christmas spirit. I've been a little down the past few weeks, but looking at the lights and colors does cheer one up.

Killearn Kitties
11-29-2006, 03:24 AM
It looks lovely, Jen. Very festive and cheering! :D

catfamily
11-29-2006, 03:39 AM
I'm so happy your doing great enough to decorate this year.Your house looks beautiful :)
I envy your joy this year :)

I am the opposite this year.I'm in too much pain to do much of anything and that can cause deep depression.I hope a miricle happens but I doubt it.Looks like I'm in this for the long haul.
And I decided on not sending Christmas cards out either this year(A first for me).
I'll be at the Doctors half the month of December anyway :rolleyes:
Checking this that or the other thing to see if the can operate more on my back and maybe a fusion in the neck as well.
I only have enough energy for my furbabies/with Mike's help.He's been great lately helping now that he accually stopped thinking of himself long enough to see the pain I'm in.I'm greatful for that this Christmas(Mike's help :) )

CultureJunky
11-29-2006, 06:14 AM
That's lovely Jen, I think generally it's harder when you grow up to get into the festive spirit. Christmas is all for Children really. My family are all grown up, and the neices and nephews are all young teens and there's no excitement anymore now. Just the slog of spending money you can't afford!!! :o
But it's great that you've made and effort, and that's what we all have to do!
I'm going to send you a Christmas card, a nice home made one, and I'm gonna send a few others to various pet talkers. I have really enjoyed making my Christmas cards this year, and hopefully people will like them.

I'm looking forward to buying Jack & Sunny nice food that I can't usually afford, like ones in special jellys and such. They have a stocking each that hangs on the mantlepiece.

rg_girlca
11-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Wow Jen, that looks really nice. I love the candy canes. Great job. :D

K & L
11-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Since I have over a dozen cats, there are NO lights or decorations inside my home, for the holidays. That's OK, because the truth is not only do I HATE to decorate, I hate un-decorating even more. :rolleyes:

You and me both and I'm even worse about it this year for some reason!

Decorations look wonderful!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-30-2006, 05:23 AM
GREAT JOB, JEN !!!!

My card to you is in the mail!! Cannot wait to get yours :)

mr.chiwawa
11-30-2006, 07:18 AM
I have cats too but we still put up a tree every year and decorate it they dont really care about it anymore. But good for you for putting stuff outside your house.

cassiesmom
11-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Pet Talk, I need your wise counsel please. Last year I didn't put up a Christmas tree. This year, because I feel better, I intend to do it. I was given a 3' tall artificial tree that is meant to stand on the floor. My question is this: should I leave off the garland? I'm afraid my cat will try to play with it, and then try to munch on it, and I wonder what would happen if she ingested any of it. I have no problem with just lights, bows and ornaments. In past years I've used an even smaller tree, stood it on a table and used ribbon instead of garland.

catfamily
11-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Pet Talk, I need your wise counsel please. Last year I didn't put up a Christmas tree. This year, because I feel better, I intend to do it. I was given a 3' tall artificial tree that is meant to stand on the floor. My question is this: should I leave off the garland? I'm afraid my cat will try to play with it, and then try to munch on it, and I wonder what would happen if she ingested any of it. I have no problem with just lights, bows and ornaments. In past years I've used an even smaller tree, stood it on a table and used ribbon instead of garland.
Personally I'd leave the Garland off for saftey reasons but I know people have left it on without any mishaps.If your worried...leave it off.It will make a more relaxed Christmas for you :)

kimlovescats
11-30-2006, 07:59 PM
I know that the old fashioned icecicles (sp?) are very dangerous. I would think that garland could be as well! I'd err on the side of caution! ;)

cassiesmom
11-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Personally I'd leave the Garland off for saftey reasons but I know people have left it on without any mishaps.If your worried...leave it off.It will make a more relaxed Christmas for you :)

You know, I should just decorate it with all the furry mice, Ping-Pong balls and other cat toys that somebody never plays with! (chuckle) Never mind all the garland and ornaments.